Quepos is a small town in Costa Rica near the Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Buses are taken from La Coca Bus station downtown San Jose just a block north of the Sna Juan De Dios hospital. Ride prices are $8, trip takes between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 hours, depending on the bus you take.
- You can hire a tourist-oriented private van or bus, which usually carries between 7-30 people, depending on the size and presence of air conditioning. Expect to pay up to $40 USD.
You can take a plane, which is a 40 minute flight. Cost is around $50 one way. Visit Sansa Airlines site  or you can hire a private taxi, which may be as expensive as a plane (think $80 USD or more). Quepos airport is a $20 cab ride into town/Manuel Antonio Park. You will need to pay a $3/person airport entry/exit fee when using the Quepos airport (though it does have free wifi)
Local bus leaves every 30 mins during the day between Manuel Antonio and Quepos. Also renting scooters is an option or renting a taxi.
- Farmers Market. There is a farmers market with fruit, vegetables, and local crafts. Check times and dates. edit
- Pro Rafting Costa Rica (Rafting Costa Rica), Calle a Manuel Antonio, ☎ +506 2777-7238, . Family Run whitewater rafting company, running half day and full day trips to all of the local rivers. Also the only company in the area to run overnight rafting adventures edit
- H2O Adventures, Este de Iglesia Catolica, ☎ 2777-4092, . Rafting and Sea Kayaking trips edit
- Sailfish Quepos, on the beach, ☎ 8-381-8493, . daily. Nice charter company with excellent service fishing in one of the top five fisheries in the world from 600. edit
- Oceans Unlimited (Scuba diving costa rica), (On the road leaving Quepos heading towards Manuel Antonio), ☎ 2777-3171, . PADI 5* IDC dive center offering Scuba diving trips and training. Local and Offshore trips available. edit
- Barrabas Surf, Mar Y sombra, ☎ (011-506) 8319-4954, . 8AM to 5PM. The surf school to be run by true, local surfers. Offering personalized surf lesson and tours to suit everyone, whether it is your first time in the water or you are looking to go on a tour of the local breaks. Ask for Bati or Chino who run the center and will be able to organize your activities for you. edit
- Kinembe Sportfishing (Quepos Fishing Charters), Quepos Marina, ☎ 506 8518 2374, . Fishing charters in Quepos and Manuel Antonio edit
- Mi Rincón Spa & Treatments, B. Los Angeles Costado, ☎ (506) 2777 4626, . Mi Rincón offers a variety of spa services from massage to beauty treatments in their spa in Quepos or in your hotel in Quepos and Manuel Antonio area. (9.432861,-84.161750) edit
- Kinembe Sportfishing (Quepos Fishing), ☎ 506 8518 2374, . Sportfishing charters and fishing packages in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. edit
- Kinembe Sportfisning (Quepos Fishing Charters), Quepos Marina, ☎ 506 8518 2374, . Affordable fishing charters and fishing packages in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. edit
If you find the bus station, wander in the market attached and find a place that says "Cevichera." This place sells "ceviche," a typical local dish consisting of raw, diced fish in a lime juice broth. It's cheap and tastes delicious.
- Aqua Azul, Great mix of typical and american plates. Good prices and chilled atmosphere. Amazing views at sunset.
- La Cantina, Great Kabobs and steaks all done over an open grill.
- Sunspot Bar & Grill, After Quepos on Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (Turn right at Cafe Milagro and follow signs), ☎ +506-2777-0442, . 11AM to 10PM. One of Manuel Antonio's few award winning restaurants, Sunspot Bar & Grill offers International and Local Specialities prepared on the grill. Using only the freshest and finest ingredients, Sunspot and it's adults only ambience is the perfect choice for fabulous sunset views or that special Romantic Escape! $5 & up. edit
- Bistro Restaurant & Pizzeria (Byblos Bistro Pizzeria), Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers on Left after Quepos), ☎ ]506-2777-0411, . Bistro Restaurant offers Italian and International Specialties in a casually elegant poolside atmosphere. An excellent location for monkey sightings, it is known for the best brick oven pizza in town. Take out orders gladly accepted. $3 & up. edit
- Soda Sanchez is a great place to eat breakfast. It's across from the Widemouth Frog Backpacker's Hostel. Cheap prices, friendly people. Also serving lunch and dinner.
- El Gran Escape serves up some wonderful dishes, but prices rise steeply.
- Escalofrio, Downtown Quepos. Wonderful brick oven pizzas and homemade gelatos makes this great night spot. edit
Some bars have ladies nights and drink specials.
- Barba Roja has ladies night on Saturdays.
- Wacky Wanda's has cold drinks and air conditioning.
- Pescadores bar has cold drinks and an open atmosphere. Five TV's and nearly every NFL game.
- Dos Locos is very popular downtown and may have live music, but not always great music.
- Sargento Garcia's is usually jumpin' and is a tourist favorite.
- Billfish Sportsbar & Grill (Byblos Sportsbar), Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers from Quepos on Left), ☎ +506-2777-0411, . 6PM to Midnight. Billfish Sportsbar & Grill is a place for watching International Sports on their large screen TVs. Offering the usual Sportsbar fare, as well as dinner specialties fresh off the grill, its the perfect casual nightspot. Located next to the Byblos Casino. Monday night is Ladies Night $3 & up. edit
- Bambu Jam (Klaus Thalau), Carreterra Ma-Antonno, ☎ 27773369, . 7AM till late. International cuisine, moderate price. There will be live music Tu and F (no charge). edit
- Villas Jacquelina #1 rated on tripadvisor.com. Eco-friendly specialty lodging, specializing in private rooms with both private and shared bathrooms. Large rooms with ceiling fan or A/C, Amazing rooftop patios, swimming pool, full guest kitchen, family ran, westernized hot water showers, Free morning shuttle to town. A modern hotel accommodation with great vibes, exceptional service, and comfortable rooms and common areas. Just minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park. Rates starting at $17.50 per person. Private rooms starting at $35. VillasJacquelina.com
- Cabinas Mary. Safe place to stay with included parking. Friendly family watches these cabins and someone is always awake even very late at night. About $10 USD per person per night. Near the soccer field, ask around to get directions.
- Cabinas Pedro Miguel, located on the road leading to the M/A beach and park. Small efficient rooms, free breakfast, private bath, A/C, or eco-friendly (screen walls overlooking tropical jungle). Rooms start at $25 depending on season and type desired.
- Wide Mouth Frog Hostel Pool, clean shared bathrooms with cool water only, fully equipped social kitchen that is great for meeting other travellers in at night, locked gate with security guard on overnight. In 2014, dorm is $12, private with/without bathroom is $35/$50. Fans only, no a/c. Free computers to use, also has WIFI in the common kitchen area. Friendly staff.
- La Sirena Hotel. http://www.lasirenahotel.com From $59 to $104 depending on room and season. Downtown Quepos, Pool, Free wi-fi, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Free made to order breakfast included.
- Casa Mono Congo, firstname.lastname@example.org, . A four bedroom, six bath home with private pool and is on the hill between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with ocean views. It's powered by solar panels and wind generator.
- Hotel Casitas Eclipse. Between $86 and $305 depending on season and room size.
- Hotel Costa Verde. Positioned right outside the national park. Between $60 and $250 depending on season and room size.
- Hotel Del Mar, ☎ +506 2777-0543, . 200 meters from the beach. 12 clean, comfortable, and affordable rooms nestled discreetly in the jungle along the main road to the park. Gay friendly. Rooms range between $45 to $110. edit
- Kamuk Best Western. Between $75 and $105 depending on season and number of occupants. Near the oceanfront in Quepos.
- Villas El Parque. Between $65 and $230 depending on season and room size for two people. Extra cost for extra people. Rates include breakfast.
- Villas Mymosa. From $70 to $200 depending on room and season. Friendly staff, secure parking, comfortable rooms and great food. Breakfast included. Lat. 9.25.13 N, Lon. 84.09.31 W.
- Hotel La Colina. From $70 to $120 depending on room and season. Friendly staff, secure parking, comfortable rooms and great food. Breakfast included. Very nice view also
- Byblos Resort & Casino, Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (3 Kilometers past Quepos on Left), ☎ +506-2777-0411, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12:00noon. Offers all the modern amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, all rooms at Byblos are spacious and offer ample views of the local Wildlife, Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephones, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, and are designed with furniture of farm grown hardwoods by local craftsmen. Complimentary remote control gated parking and Wi-Fi is available. $110 night. (9.39673418751348,-84.15355682373047) edit
- El Parador. A resort with 5 hectares of land. Between $175 and $800 depending on season and room size. Rates include breakfast buffet.
- Geminis del Pacifico, email@example.com, . A four bedroom, three bath home with private pool with ocean view and a waterfall cascading in the house. It's located 1 mile from Manuel Antonio beach and 3 miles from the town of Quepos. $360-500
- Hotel Makanda by the Sea, Main Road to Manuel Antonio Park (Turn right at Cafe Milagro, follow signs), ☎ +506-2777-0442, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 12:00 noon. Hotel Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Adults only. Offering all the amenities expected of a 4-star hotel $200 night. (126.96.36.199N,188.8.131.52W) edit
- La Mansion. Luxury Hotel with view the Manuel Antonio Beach, between $125 and $1600 depending on season and room size. Minimum stay required during peak season.
- La Mariposa. Between $120 and $430 depending on season and room size. It has 1 infinity edge swimming pools, and 2 wet bars. Ask for a room with a view of the ocean, some of the balacony rooms offer a 180 degree view. Breakfast, which is included, is a tico, germany style buffett. Omelets are made to order.
- Si Como No. Between $160 and $270 depending on season and room size. Rates include breakfast buffet.
- Tulemar Bungalows. Between $270 and $389 for two people per night, depending on season. Breakfast included, as well as kayaks and snorkeling equipment.
- Villas Tranquilas, Costanera Hwy. West (300 mtrs south of the high school on Costanera and 100 meters west), ☎ 1.206.854.8828, . checkin: 11AM; checkout: 12PM. A six acre rainforest property with four villas with two bedrooms and bathrooms in each town home, fully furnished great room, and amenities include a washer dryer, filtered water, dishwasher, fully stocked kitchen, and two pools. 165.00/night. edit
- Take the bus in town to Manuel Antonio beach, it costs about one USD round trip and is a fun ride.
"Rafting" Trips down the Naranjo and Savegre river.
Buses for San Jose leave approximately hourly starting at 4am. Some are direct (2 hours) and others not (4 hours).