Pyeongchang  is a city in Gangwon. The city will host the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Yang Yang International Airport - opened as of 2003
- Bus System - There are various bus transportation that you can ride to get to PyeongChang
- Daegwallyeong Sheep Farm, Hoenggye 3-ri
Yongpyeong Ski Resort is a ski area located in Yongsan-ni, Doam-myeon, Pyeongchang. It's the oldest ski resort in South Korea. Some scenes from the film Winter Sonata were shot here.
- Odae-San Mountain One of the many famous mountains in Korea, known for its temples and waterfalls.
Bokwang Phoenix Park Another famous ski resort in Korea. This is where Autumn Love Story was shot.
Gangwon Province is famous for tofu and Sanchae Bibimbap
Soju - Locals say that sojus from Gangwon Province has its own unique taste
Inns/Hotels There are many local inns/hotels around at reasonable prices ranging from ₩15000 and up.
- Seorak-san Mountain Arguably one of the most beautiful mountains on the peninsula (especially in the fall), it is the most visited mountains in South Korea. It is well known for the oddly shaped rocks, many waterfalls, and temples.
Nearby port cities of Gangneung and Sokcho are another famous attraction