Puyallup  is a suburban community in Washington state.
Puyallup is located 10 miles east of Tacoma 35 miles south of Seattle. It is most accessible by car via freeway and highway, though limited transit options do exist.
Puyallup can be reached by driving east from Tacoma on State Route 167, which is also known locally as River Road. This turns into a freeway heading north and provides a connection to Seattle and its nearer suburbs in King County. State Route 512 runs south through Puyallup and turns west to provide a link with other suburban communities in Pierce County, as well as a link with Interstate 5 to reach farther-flung destinations such as Olympia.
Sound Transit Sounder  provides weekday commuter rail service to Seattle and Lakewood. Stops at (downtown) Puyallup, Sumner, Auburn, Kent, Tukwilia on the way to Seattle King Street Station. Goes from Puyallup to Tacoma, South Tacoma and Lakewood in the other direction.
Pierce Transit  goes to Puyallup from Tacoma (Rt #400) and Federal Way (#402). The bus routes numbered in the 400s serve Puyallup and the surrounding suburbs (& rural areas) of South Hill, Bonney Lake, Sumner, etc. Note that plans are under way to further reduce service after voters have rejected a 1% sales tax increase. Take the #400 bus up to Tacoma Dome to catch the Greyhound bus.
Sound Transit Rt #578  goes from downtown Seattle to Puyallup via Federal Way, Auburn & Sumner.
Driving is the easiest method of seeing Puyallup. Meridian is the main surface street in the city, running from the Puyallup River through downtown Puyallup to the shopping hub of South Hill. Pioneer Avenue is the main east/west link, cutting through downtown and serving many of Puyallup's quiet residential neighborhoods. Downtown is small enough and more walkable but to the suburbs beyond it's better to drive. Otherwise:
- Pierce Transit #402, 495  goes up to South Hill Mall from downtown Puyallup with the #402 continuing south along S Meridian to Wal Mart at 168th & Meridian. The central 'bus station' is also at the "Puyallup Sounder Station" in downtown at 2nd Ave NW & W Stewart.
- Locally the road running east & west as Main Ave (through downtown) divides the addresses & streets from "North" & "South" while Meridian (WA-161) going north & south from south of Federal Way down through Puyallup to Eatonville divides the addresses & streets from "South" & "East".
Puyallup serves as a springboard to attractions outside of the city, with the preeminent draw for visitors being Mount Rainier National Park.
Within the city, Meeker Mansion  is the historic residence of Puyallup's founding father, Ezra Meeker.
- Puyallup Fair (Western Washington Fair), 110 Ninth Ave SW, . Puyallup's premier annual event, it is also Washington's largest annual event. The fair lasts 17 days every September. In the mean time there are other conventions and exhibitions held at the fairgrounds throughout the year that may be of an interest.
- South Hill Mall, 3500 S Meridian St, . The mall features a number of retail outlets and anchors Puyallup's South Hill area. (Bus #400,402,410,495 Transit Center/Bus station located on the south side of the mall, across the parking lot from Macy's towards the main road.)
- Puyallup Main Street Farmers Market, 330 S Meridian St (4th Ave SW & Meridian. The market also spreads out into the adjacent Pioneer Park if needed), . Saturdays 9A-2PM. Happens every Saturday morning from April through October when farmers sell their fresh organic fruits, vegetables, fresh cut flowers and live plants for gardening to urban dwellers in an upscale setting. Others can be selling prepared foods, cheese, smoked fish, arts & crafts and other related items as well.
- Powerhouse Restaurant and Brewery, 454 E Main, ☎ +1 253 845-1370, . Open @ 11.00 AM Daily. An old electric train power station converted into a Brew-pub. Great food, awesome brew, and great service are what await you at this unique dining experience
- Ram Restaurant & Brewery, 103 35th Ave SE, ☎ +1 253 841-3317, . Best sports bar in Puyallup and great beer.
- Spark's Firehouse Deli, 621 5th St, Puyallup, ☎ +1 253 840-3354, . Very close to the fairgrounds, this fire station turned restaurant features wood-fired pizza, and a variety of toasted sandwiches. Patio seating is available during the summer months.
- Crockett's Public House, 118 E Stewart, Puyallup, WA 98371, ☎ (253) 466-3075, . Laid-back pub with stained-glass decorations & scratch-made American food from local ingredients. This former feed store has been transformed in to one of the hottest pubs by the owner, the location and atmosphere are great! Check out the fried crispy onions layered on Mom's Sloppy Joe! Don't stop there, check out the Fire Grilled Artichokes and Public House Meatballs.
- Bumpy's, 116 E Main Ave. Puyallup's best dive bar. Great prices
- Charlie's Restaurant & Lounge, 113 E Main, . Karaoke Friday and Saturday, 9pm
- Motel Puyallup 1412 S Meridian St
- Holiday Inn Express 812 South Hill Park Dr
- Best Western Park Plaza 620 South Hill Park Dr