Puerto Banús is a marina in Nueva Andalucía, to the southwest of Marbella, Spain on the Costa del Sol.
Developed in 1970 as a luxury marina and shopping complex for the rich and famous, it grew around a coastal village.
In the Mediterranean architectural style, Puerto Banús offers its visitors an extraordinary fare of expensive shopping malls, restaurants and bars with a marina studded with luxury yachts of the rich and famous with the interior streets having impressive archways and patios.
Puerto Banús is 6km (3.7 mi) southwest of Marbella, 64km (40 mi) southwest of Malaga.
Malaga Airport is 60km (37 mi) away. There is a good network of roads and transport services connecting Puerto Banús with adjacent towns and suburbs.
A taxi from Malaga Airport to the marina is c. €65-75 and c. €12 from Marbella centre. Local transfer companies are Autosol Private Transfer and Holiday Transfer.
At any time of day luxury cars such as Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin and even an E-Type Jaguar can be seen on the marina front.
- Puerto Banus Street Market: every Saturday 09:00-15:00 near the bull ring in Nueva Andalucia from Avenida De Jose Banus (by Playas del Duque) all the way up to the shopping centre Centro Plaza. It is one of the largest markets on the Costa del Sol and you can find every type of goods for sale. The most popular are shoes, bags, crafts, furniture, flowers, fruit & veg, paintings, clothes and antiques, and there are good bargains to be made.
It's a great place to visit, even just to walk around and look at people making bargains (you might learn a trick or two) and soak up the exciting atmosphere. In the summer it gets very hot and very busy so beware of your bags, money etc. Make sure you've got plenty of sun protection on too!
- Ferry Fly Blue motor catamaran offers daily cruises between Puerto Banus and Marbella Marina, with a duration of some 30 minutes each way. You have the option of leaving Puerto Banus, go shopping in Marbella and then return to Banus later on the day just before getting ready for its nightlife. Alternatively, you can relax and amuse during the one hour complete cruise. Leaving from Puerto Banus, which elevates the mode, fortune, glamorous parties and high standards, you will enjoy the panoramic views along the coastline of Marbella and its Golden Mile where the most luxurious villas are found lying at the foot of La Concha mountain. A great way to spend a day in Marbella, make sure you visit 'Orange Square' for lunch. A return boat cruise ticket will cost you €15 and €8.50 one way which is cheaper than a taxi and a return boat cruise ticket for children is €8.50 and only €5 one way.
Its streets are lined with expensive luxury boutiques like Christian Dior, Gucci, Bvlgari, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Hacket, Valentino and a '007' Boutique offering Guess handbags and swimwear.
- News Cafe on the marina front is a Bar & Cafe in the day serving excellent English breakfasts and a Club at night with a glam balcony overlooking the marina.
- Hard Rock Cafe Marbella opposite the department store, El Corte Ingles, 5 minute walk to the marina. Menu is reasonable priced, and there is an outdoor terrace.
- Red Pepper. A busy and popular Greek restaurant on the marina front, an ideal position to people watch while you dine. Open daily for lunch and dinner. ☎ +34 952 812 148
- Don Leone. Watch the world go by at this stylish and modern eatery on the marina front. Serving first rate Italian and international cuisine. The food is excellent and there is something for everyone here- pizzas, pastas, salads etc and the prices are extremely good value. With a prime position opposite the quayside, perfect for al fresco dining and a wide and varied menu.
- Chateau Mona lisa is on the marina front, French & Italian Nouvelle cuisine. Extensive cocktail menu.
- Taco Loco. Excellent funky bar on the marina front. Happy Hour in the day, great for cocktails. Taco Loco has such a good atmosphere, the staff are friendly and you can quite easily spend all night here people watching on the marina front. The mojitos are recommended!
- Astral Cocktail Bar. On beach side, opposite the large statue at the eastern entrance to the port. Surrounded by all types of plants and flowers Astral Cocktail Bar is constructed in the manner of a old sailboat of the 19th century including an 8 meter mast with sails. Constructed almost completely in wood and forged iron, the furniture is unique and original. This is not just a bar but a kitchen for cocktails. Try the cherry,chocolate & vodka cocktail.
- Club Jardines del Puerto. One of the most central hotels in Puerto Banus, just a short walk from Puerto Banus shops and nightlife. Spacious well-equipped apartments with terraces. Peaceful and charming gardens.
- Gran Hotel Gvadalpin Banús Beachfront resort, located a 15 minute walk to the marina. 181 exclusive rooms decorated with luxury finishings, offering splendid views of the Mediterranean.
- H10 Andalucía Plaza is very close to several top-level golf courses. Revamped with an avant-garde and modern design, buffet restaurant with à la carte service, a Convention Centre with a capacity for up to 600 people and the Despacio Spa Centre with a select list of treatments.