Pszczyna is a town in Silesia voivodship famous for its wonderful, classical castle.
There is a dense train connection with Katowice City operated by Koleje Śląskie . You can also travel to Pszczyna by road DK86 from Katowice and Bielsko.
Many passengers also choose Katowice Airport (KTW). It's the airport situated 70 kilometres northeast of Pszczyna but the way leads all via a motorway and by car it takes about an hour to get from the airport to Pszczyna via S1/DK86 roads. The airport has direct connections with over 30 destinations across Europe and Asia. The airport is a base of [Wizzair] and has strong network of Wizzair flights:
- Lufthansa Frankfurt (3 times daily connection), Dusseldorf
- Ryanair Alicante, Birmingham, Chania, Dublin, London-Stansted
- Wizzair Barcelona, Bergen, Cologne, Dortmund (2x daily), Doncaster, Eindhoven (6x a week) Frankfurt-Hahn, Glasgow, Kiev-Zhulyany, Kutaisi, London-Luton (2x daily) , Maastricht,Malmö-Sturup, MilanBergamo, Naples, Oslo-Torp, Paris-Beauvais, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tel Aviv
Seasonal: Bourgas, Grenoble
There is a plenty of car rentals at the airport including Avis, Budget or the private of the airport called GTL LOT Car Rental.
You can also catch a bus of KZK GOP (26 Złoty) to the city centre of Katowice and then travel by train to Pszczyna. The bus stops right underneath the railway station, and the journey takes about 45 minutes+30 minutes by train.
The timetable of the buses: 
- Muzeum Prasy Śląskiej (Silesian Press Museum), Piastowska Street 26, ☎ +32 210 17 27, . It's the only press museum in Poland placed in an old tenement right in the heart of the city. Originally founded in 1985, now offers the guests an extraordinary way of printing a memorial sheet on a XIX-century, German press. edit
The Castle seen from the island in the park at night
- Pszczyna Castle ((Polish: Zamek w Pszczynie)), . editSituated in the city heart of Pszczyna. Constructed as a castle in 13th century or earlier, in a gothic style, it was rebuilt in a renaissance style in the 17th century. During the course of the 18th and 19th centuries, the exterior of the castle was partially changed into a baroque-classic style. The classicist modernization transformed the castle into what is usually described a palace. In its history the castle was a residence of local Piasts dynasty members, then Promnitz family (mid 16th to mid 18th centuries) and later, von Pless family. The castle was owned by the government since 1936. Since 1946 it is a site of the Muzeum Zamkowe (Castle Museum).
The Interior of the Castle
There are few nice and cosy hotels in the centre of Pszczyna. The best situated is:
- Hotel Zamkowy, Rynek 20, ☎ +48 32 449 17 20. Located 50 metres from the Castle in Pszczyna 50£. edit
- Hotel u Michalika (**), ul. Dworcowa 11, ☎ (032) 210 13 88, . 30£ for double. edit
- Hotel Piaskowy (***), ul. Piechurów 3, ☎ (32) 447 44 40, . Elegant, modern hotel 45£ for double room. edit