Przemyśl (German: Proemsel, Ukrainian: Перемишль - Peremyshl) is a town in southeastern Poland. As of 1999, it belongs to the Subcarpathian Voivodeship.
Przemyśl owes its long and rich history to the advantages of its geographic location. The city lies in the Przemyśl Gate, an area connecting mountains and lowlands, with easy communication and fertile soil. It also lies on the navigable San river. Important trade routes passed through Przemyśl and ensured the city's importance.
Przemyśl is the second oldest town in southern Poland, after Kraków. It appears to have been founded as early as the 8th century.
There is a direct railway connection with such cities as Warsaw and Kraków.
The city centre is small and manageable by foot.
- Reformed Franciscan monastery
- Rynek, the main market square
- Franciscan Church, in baroque style
- Uniate Cathedral, former Jesuit church, now a Uniate cathedral with a nice iconostasis
- Carmelite Church, 17th century late-Renaissance church
- Castle, built by Casimir III the Great in the 14th century.
- The military cemetery, in which victims of one of the biggest WWI battles are buried.
- The underground passages beneath the Rynek
- Lubomirski Palace
- The National Museum Branch in Przemyśl, pl. Berka Joselewicza 1, . edit
- The Museum of Bells and Pipes (Clock Tower), ul. Władycze 3, . edit
- The Museum of the History of Przemyśl, Rynek 9, . edit
- The Archdiocesan Museum, plac Katedralny 2 i 3, . edit
- Archeological Museum
- Museum of Applied Art
There are several museums in the old town.
There is a ski slope with a toboggan run.
There is an icerink on Sanocka 2.
In a nearby village of Kuńkowce there is "Wioska Fantasy", a medieval gord-style village created by a local group of fantasy lovers.
Also just a few kilometers from the town there is a zoological garden Arboretum in Bolestraszyce.
- Galeria Sanowa, Wojciecha Brudzewskiego 1. edit
- Blue-Park Shopping Center, Lwowska 17a. edit
- Tesco Hypermarket, Lwowska 36. edit
- Szpak Trading House, 3 Maja 19. edit
- Echo Shopping Center, 29 Listopada 4. edit
- There are various second-hand shops with cheap clothes (oftentimes selling clothes by weight, i.e. you could pay for 1 kilo of clothes) with prices sometimes as low as 1PLN.
- Pub Restauracja Melduję Posłusznie, ul. Dworskiego 11, . 'The Good Soldier Švejk' atmosphere recreated. edit
- Cukiernia Fiore, ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 17, . Known for serving ice-cream. edit
- Pizzeria Galicyjska, ul. Franciszkańska 20, . Serves traditional Przemysl pizza. edit
- Bar Rubin, ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 19, . Old (1992) restaurant serving traditional Polish dishes. edit
- PTTK Przemyśl 'Podzamcze', ul. Waygarta 3, ☎ +48 16 678 53 74, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 10.00. Very cheap place to stay, dorms and privates. 25 - 50 PLN. edit
- Schronisko Młodzieżowe PTSM Matecznik, ul. Lelewela 6, ☎ +48 16 670 61 45, . checkin: 17.00; checkout: 10.00. Very cheap place to stay, dorms and privates, member of Hostelling International so discounts with IYHF cards apply. 20 - 60 PLN. edit
There are several hotels in Przemyśl, city council website has a list of them with prices. 
Kopystanka 541m - one and a half hour hike from the hamlet of Brylince (at 15 km from Przemysl - bus three times a day). Spectacular 360 degrees view on the foot hills of the Sub-Carpathian mountains.