Princess Anne  is located in the Eastern Shore region of Maryland. It is a small historic town in Somerset County, Maryland, only fifteen minutes away from Salisbury.
Founded in 1733, and shortly thereafter becoming the seat of Somerset County, the main reason for a tourist to visit is simply to enjoy the pretty, historic architecture in this pleasant small town. Just east of the historic center is the other main reason why people visit: the University of Maryland's Eastern Shore campus.
U.S. Routes 13, 50, and 301 are the main roads into the Eastern Shore.
Because it is a small town, the best means of travel is by car.
Princess Anne doesn't have a lot of stand out attractions per se, but a nice walk around the historic buildings is a good use of your time. Look for the Somerset County Courthouse, the Metropolitan United Methodist Church, St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Manokin Presbyterian Church, the Washington Hotel, and especially the Teackle Mansion.
- Teackle Mansion, 11740 Mansion St, (firstname.lastname@example.org), . April-Dec: W,Sa-Su tours 1PM-3PM. The 10,000-square-foot mansion, home to the Somerset County Historical Society, dates back to 1802, built for the Teakles—one of the wealthiest couples in the country in their time. Closed to the public for restoration until June 2011.
- Allegro Gift and Coffee Shop, 11775 Somerset Ave, ☎ +1 410 651-4520. Tu-Sa 9:30AM-3PM. Novelties, souvenirs, and a nice place to sip some gourmet tea and coffee.
- Bailey-White Jewelers, 30400 Mount Vernon Rd, ☎ +1 410 651-3073. M-F 9AM-6PM, Sa 9AM-2PM.
- Beach to Bay Seafood, 12138 Carol Ln, ☎ +1 410 651-5400. M 9AM-5PM, Tu-Sa 10AM-6PM. Beach to Bay. A small local seafood restaurant that encapsulates what Eastern Shore cuisine is about: simple, family friendly restaurants serving extremely high quality, fresh seafood. A great place for a either a bushel of blue crabs, or simple fresh fish. $8-16.
- Peaky's Restaurant, 30361 Mt. Vernon Road, ☎ +1 410 651-1950, . Another nice, family friendly restaurant, with some fantastic prices on prime rib, crab cakes, chicken Chesapeake, etc. $9-20.
- Alexander House Booklovers' B&B, 30535 Linden Ave, ☎ +1 410 651-5195, . This B&B is about as literary and comfy as it gets, with rooms named after famous authors: Jane Austen, Langston Hughs, etc. The house also has a library with antiquarian, rare, and other books to read or purchase. Breakfast garners rave review, but you can also relax over the afternoon tea or evening cocktails. $125-160.
- Somerset House, 30556 Washington St, ☎ +1 410 651-4451, . A pretty 1850 house with antique furniture, within a very easy walk of the university, with a sauna and garden. $160.
|Routes through Princess Anne
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!