Prince William County  is in Northern Virginia.
- Manassas — the county seat, despite being an independent city, not actually part of the county!
- Quantico — home to the largest marine base in the world, Marine Corps Base Quantico.
- Woodbridge — a major shopping destination for Potomac Mills Outlets.
- Manassas National Battlefield Park, . Site of both the the first and second Battles of Bull Run.
The closest major airport is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (IATA: DCA), , although Manassas also has its own, for private planes: Manassas Regional IATA: HEF, .
Otherwise, the main artery is without question I-95.
Sightseeing in Prince William County is overwhelmingly military-related: the National Museum of the Marine Corps and Manassas Battlefield National Park, both of which attract a lot of residents and other out-of-state tourists coming down from D.C.
- Leesylvania State Park, 2001 Daniel K. Ludwig Drive Woodbridge, VA 22191, ☎ 703-730-8205, . Leesylvania State Park is a beautiful park that allows for boating, fishing, and hiking. In addition to being a great outdoors destination, it is also on the National Register of Historic Landmarks because it was home to Henry Lee and Robert E. Lee. edit
- National Museum of the Marine Corps, 18900 Jefferson Davis Highway Triangle, VA 22172, ☎ 703-784-6134 (toll free: 877-635-1775, fax: 703-649-2354), . Free. edit
The Potomac Mills Outlets are the other big regional draw, again bringing in the visitors from D.C.
- Heritage Brewing Company, 9436 Center Point Lane Manassas, VA 20110, ☎ 571-358-8463, . Heritage is a unique brewery in Manassas. It is owned by veterans who are dedicated to crafting the best beer. edit
- BadWolf Brewing Company, 9776 Center Street Manassas, VA 20110, ☎ 571-358-9774, . BadWolf Brewing Company, the first brewery in Manassas, is family owned and operated. In addition to the flagship brewery, there is a new, "Big BadWolf" located at: 8420 Kao Circle Manassas, VA 20110. BadWolf Brewing Company is unique because it is constantly changing what's on tap. edit
- Growling Bear Brewing Company, 14051 Crown Court Woodbridge, VA 22193, ☎ 571-535-1965, . edit
- Ornery Beer Company, 14389 Potomac Mills Road Woodbridge, VA 22192, ☎ 703-490-6400, . edit
- Tin Cannon Brewing Company, 7679 Limestone Drive #130 Gainesville, VA 20155, ☎ 571-210-5671, . edit
- Winery at La Grange, 4970 Antioch Road Haymarket, VA 20169, ☎ 703-753-9360, . edit
|This is a usable article. It gives a good overview of the region, its sights, and how to get in, as well as links to the main destinations, whose articles are similarly well developed. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!