The South of Prague consists of the numbered districts Praha 2, Praha 4, Praha 11 and Praha 12.
Take Metro line C to stations Vyšehrad, Pražského povstání or Pankrác to get to northern parts of Praha 4. Further on line C are stations Budějovická, Kačerov, Chodov or Háje, which provide transport services to southeastern parts of Prague 4 and Prague 11 (not much to see there, it's basically suburb area of prefab houses from the eighties). Southernmost part of Prague 4 (city quarters Bráník and Modřany) are accessible by tram lines 3, 17 and 21.
- Vyšehrad ("The High Castle") - seat of legendary Czech princes for centuries before Prague Castle was built. Site of St. Paul and Peter's Cathedral, as well as the famous Vyšehrad cemetery known as 'Slavín', burial grounds of extraordinary Czechs. You can get here by metro line C, station "Vyšehrad". Don't forget to visit the casemate of Vyšehrad; they're rather picturesque, plus you can see originals of some statues from Charles Bridge.
From the ramparts of Vyšehrad, you'll have an excellent view of Prague castle, Vltava, Smíchov (former workers' slum and industrial quarter of town) and Podskalí (area under Vyšehrad, once inhabited almost entirely by raftsmen). If you take a look from southern rampart, you'll see Kavčí hory, headquarters of Czech Television - rather futuristic building from 60s. For closer look to Kavčí hory, take metro line C, station "Pražského povstání".
- Most inteligence ("The Bridge of Intelligentsia") - majestic railway bridge built in 50s, longest ferroconcrete railway bridge in Europe. It was build by forced labour of members of intelligentsia, who were transfered to manual professions by rule of communist government. As a monument to the stupidity of the communist rulers, only a single rail was laid on the two-rail bridge, because the second rail didn't fit into the tunnel on one bank. The bridge remains in service to this day and is used mainly for cargo trains.
If you want to visit the bridge, take a tram from "Karlovo náměstí" to station "Bráník"; although bridge is not meant for pedestrians, it is accessible through stair ramps at pillars.
- Banditos, Melounová 2, . Daily 09:00 - 00:30. Mexican cuisine. Happy Hour: 16:30 - 18:30 edit
- Koliba, Gregorova street 8 (2 minutes uphill from Roztyly station), ☎ 420222564335 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 272941344), . 11AM - 1AM. Amazing view over Prague. A bit touristy with live music. But good food cooked on an open barbecue. edit
- Pivovarsky Dum, Pivovarský dùm, s.r.o., Jeèná/Lípová 15, 120 44 Praha 2, tel.: +42 0296 216 666 fax: +42 0224 921 256 microbrewery makes everything from a traditional Czech pilsner to beers flavored with sour cherries or banana.
- Pizzeria Overtime, Budečská 4, Praha 2 (Tram 4, 22: Jana Masaryka), ☎ +420 222 520 813, . 11AM-10PM. Italian edit
- Radost FX, Bělehradská 120, Praha 2 (Tram 4, 6, 10, 11, 16, 22, Metro C: I.P.Pavlova), ☎ +420 603 193 711 (email@example.com), . . Great vegetarian food, great prices. Radost is also a lounge and has a club in the basement, making it a favorite with expats. Mains around 160Kč-180Kč.. edit
- Royal Oak, Anny Letenske 18, . English style pub. Gambrinus and Pilsner on draft. edit
- Dance club & School, Vinohradska 25, . Dance club & School with different kind of music. edit
- Hotel Anna***, Budečská 17. Each of the 22 rooms is equipped with shower & WC, hair dryer, IDD telephone, satellite TV and a safety deposit box. Tel: +420 222 513 111 .
- Hotel Claris***, Slezská 26. All of the 24 rooms are equipped with shower/bath, WC, hair dryer, sat TV, IDD telephone with voice mail, safe and free Wi-Fi. Tel: +420 242 446 111 .
- Botel Racek, Na Dvorecké louce, tel. +420 241 431 628, firstname.lastname@example.org, . A hotel boat on the Vltava river offering rooms and suites, all with private bathroom, TV and phone. There's a Czech restaurant on board and you can enjoy drinks on the deck or in the bar. Botel Racek is ten minutes away from the city centre by tram and has private parking available. Singles/Doubles/Triples/Quads prices vary depending on season, there are last minute offers.
- Mosaic House, Odboru 4, Prague 2, ☎ +420 246 008 324, . Modern, eco-friendly, and centrally located. From shared rooms to private rooms with terraces, all are beautifully designed with cozy linens, gorgeous bathrooms, modern amenities. Also on premises is Belushi's Bar and Restaurant , which offers great food and drinks and live entertainment. Breakfast is served from 7am through 11:30am, with omelettes and scrambled eggs, pancakes and fresh fruits, fresh breads from their local bakery, coffee and tea. Lunch, dinner, late night eats, and everything in between served until 11pm. You can select from burgers and sandwich options galore, tasty salads, filling appetizers and specialty desserts menu. edit