Portage la Prairie is a city in the Central Plains region of Manitoba.
It is located on the Trans-Canada Highway 1, about 67 km west of Winnipeg, and 117 Km East of Brandon.
There is a Via Rail/ Greyhound bus Station at 130 Fisher Ave E.
Public transportation in Portage la Prairie is pretty scarce. Many people walk, since it only takes about 25 minutes to get downtown from any edge.
There are several cab companies, all of which charge a flat rate of $5 to travel anywhere in town.
• Portage Spillway Provincial Park
• Island Park, Royal Street South.
• Deer Pen, on Massey Crescent
• Worlds tallest Coke Can. (49.971598, -98.330993) behind Canad Inns.
• Shop at MCC thrift store.
• Visit Fort La Reine Museum & Pioneer Village
• Grindstone Bakery
- Canad Inns Portage la Prairie, 2401 Saskatchewan Avenue West, ☎ +1 204 857-9745, . Rooms from $125. edit
- Hi-way Motel, 2010 Saskatchewan Avenue West, ☎ +1 204 857-8771, . One and two bed guest rooms. Some rooms have fireplaces. $90-$100, fireplace suites are $160. edit
- Yellowquill Motel, 45 20th St. SW.
- Westgate Inn Motel, 1010 Saskatchewan Ave E
- Super 8 Portage La Prairie
- Days Inn Portage La Prairie
- Midtown Motor Inn
- Portage Ex campground, Island Park.
|Routes through Portage la Prairie