Port Clinton,  "The Walleye Capital of the World", is a fishing village and vacation spot on the north shore of Ohio. Most visitors to Port Clinton are parking and boarding boats and ferries to enjoy Lake Erie and Lake Erie Islands. It is a very clean and friendly place with plenty of places to sleep, eat and drink. The waterfront is downtown and the activity surrounds the marinas. Ferries leave to the islands frequently. It is the only City in Ottawa County. Locals refer to Port Clinton as one of Ohio's quaint drinking villages, with an occasional fishing problem.
Walleye Capital of the World
- Little Portgage Access, Darr Hopfinger Rd.
- Portgage River Fishing Access, SR 163
- Brands Marina, 451 W. Lakeshore Dr., 1+ 877-585-1733, .
- Coastal Marine II, 537 W. Lakeshore Dr., GPS 41-31-22/82-56-12, 1+ 419-732-2165 .
- Lakefront Marina, 1805 W Lakeshore Dr., 1+ 800-745-3625, .
From Columbus, head north on US 23 to Ohio State Route 4. At Ohio 2 head West. Exit OH 2 at the first OH 163 exit.
From Cleveland, head west on OH 2, exiting at OH 163.
From Toledo, head East on OH 2. For a scenic route, follow Lakeshore Drive (just past the Red Horse National Guard base), or else exit at the OH 163 exit.
- Toledo Express Airport (TOL)
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE)
- Tiffin Metropolitan Airport (TIF)
- The Jet Express, located downtown, 1+ 800-245-1538 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org), . Trips to Kellys Island and Put-in-Bay.
Head Boats - Port Clinton, OH
Plenty to do here. Fishing charters, head boats, ferries, marina's all located downtown on water front. Nice public beaches, parks.
- Annual Main Street Port Clinton Walleye Festival , Main Street Port Clinton in May each year.
- Island Adventures Family Fun Center, 280 SE Catawba Rd. (SR 53) 1+ 419-732-2020 18 hole mini-golf, go-carts, bumper boats, arcade, pizza. Open Memorial Day/Labor Day. 7 days. 11AM-10PM
- Monsoon Lagoon Water Park & Family Fun Center, 1530 N. Danbury Rd. (SR 269), 1+ 732-6671 Call for hours. Seasonal.
- Annual New Years Eve Walleye Drop , Down Town Port Clinton, December 31 of each year.
- Catawba Island State Park, 4049 E. Moores Dock Rd.
- Port Clinton City Beach, Perry St. (SR 163)
- FishinFul/Myrmidon Charters, 1124 Lee Ave. 1+ 419-734-9711 Apr 1-Oct 31
- Lake Erie Fishing Charters, Lakefront Marina 1+ 800-576-4606
- Lakeland Charters, Brands West Dock, 1+ 419-734-0440
- Sassy Sal Charters, 40 Jefferson St. (SR 163). 1+ 419-732-7755
- Shore-Nuf Charters, 247 Lakeshore Drive, . Head-boats - $30-35.00 per head. 1+ 419-734-9999.
- Lake Erie Islands Welcome Center, 770 E. Catawba Rd. (SR 53). 1+ 419-734-4386. Discount tickets for ferry boats, attractions, maps, restrooms. Open year around.
- Cheese Haven, 2920 E. Harbor Rd. (SR 163, east of Port Clinton) 1+ 419-734-2611, . The Largest Cheese Shop In Ohio, located at Providing, cheese, smoked meat and fish, BBQ ribs, wine, beer, candy since 1949. Some free samples for tasting. It is one of those places, you just want to visit. Unique.
- The Mon Ami Restaurant and Historic Winery, 3845 East Wine Cellar Road (on Catawba Island), +1 419-797-4445 (toll free: 1+ 800-777-4266, email: email@example.com), .
- Jims Taxidermy, 2133 E. Harbor Rd. 1+ 419-734-4224 
- Northcoast Canvas, 250 SE Catawba, 1+ 419-734-5453 Marine upholstery, enclosures, storage and canvas shop.
- Northcoast Toys, 117 Madison. 1+ 419-737-3107.  Go fly a kite! Kites, sport kites, board games, die cast cars, wooden toys, classic toys.
- Demore's Fish Den, 1400 E Perry St, Sandusky, +1 419-734-7080. Inside dining or carry-out. Great sea-food and soups. Also have Sandusky location.
- Jolly Roger Seafood House, 1737 E Perry St, +1 419-732-3382. Dine inside, outside or carry-out. Fresh Lake Erie fish, shrimp, soups. Great food! Closed part of winter.
Yellow Perch - About $5.00
- The Garden Restaurant, 226 East Perry & Adams, 1+ 419-732-2151 4:30-9:30pm everyday. Food & Spirits.
- Mon Ami Restaurant, 3845 E Wine Cellar Rd., +1 419-797-4445, . Actually located on Catawba Island which can be accessed by two roads off of SR 163 going east out of Port Clinton. It is in the Mon Ami Winery at the same location. Great Dining room and Sunday Buffet.
Bed & Breakfast
- The Five Bells Inn, 2766 Sand Rd., 1+ 888-734-1555 
|Routes through Port Clinton