Pochote is an isolated village in Costa Rica, that some consider a "ghost town". Located across the Gulfo de Nicoya on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, Pochote nonetheless offers unparalelled sightseeing and attractions.
This small village boasts some of the best sport-fishing in Central America with local guides that can actually guarantee your catch!
Guests in Pochote are close to world-class golf, a casino, and beautiful sandy beaches. Nearby enjoy tours that take you to Turtle Island to enjoy scuba diving and snorkeling, Curu Animal Reserve to see the howler monkeys, and Prison Island, the infamous prison the world forced the Costa Rican government to shut down in 1970. Guided tours are available to all of these destinations and more.
Tambor is set in the valley of a large, calm horseshoe bay, the Bahia Ballena (Whale Bay). These giants used to come to the bay in dry season. Nowadays, because of the increased coastal activity, whales prefer to stay further offshore. Tambor provides a ton of activities: one can hike or ride on horseback (along the beaches), see and swim in waterfalls and and hike the back country. The small fishing village of Pochote is tucked into the estuary of a wide river, with mangrove swamps extending inland. A good place to find out more is 
Bird watchers and other nature lovers can explore the wildlife of this fascinating habitat on a boat tour through the mangrove swamps.
Sport fishing Enthusiasts can enjoy world class sport fishing here. The health and variety of maritime life can also be experienced on a snorkeling tour to Tortuga Island. Lots of locally caught delicious fresh seafood for gourmets.
- Internet Access is available. This is a delightful Internet cafe - a real lifesaver when you need coffee and email in the AM.
- Turtle Island (Isla Tortuga). This eco protected, white sand beach Island is a favorite with many. It offers trails to areas of interest and a gift shop. Swimming, snorkeling and diving are a fun way to spend part of the trip. This Eco area is world renowned as the nesting place of the spotted and green back Sea Turtles If go in late August you may see just-hatched sea turtles struggling to toward the sea.
- Curu Animal Reserve (Refugio Silvestre Curu). This large animal reserve, is home to large cats, panthers, tigers & leopards. It's also home to Golden and Howler monkeys and others, as well as exotic butterflies, three toed sloths and a veritable plethora of other typical jungle animals. The tropical butterflies are huge and colorful and delightful for someone from the states.
- Bird Paradise (Isla Pajarro Paraiso). This large rock island, is home to thousands of birds in varied species. A true birdwatchers paradise, hence the name. You can burn up a lot of film on this one or fill several digital discs. You can take hundreds of closeups of birds - they really let you get close to them and aren't scared of humans.
- Cedro Beach. This is a beautiful beach, where you can get lunch. It offers trails and animal life. You can also fish right off the beach.
- Prison Island (Isla De Prisio). This is the island prison Costa Rica was forced by world powers to close in 1970. The death rate of prisoners was to say the least, high. For the student of eighteenth and nineteenth century architecture, it's a veritable gold mine, from the hand made block cells to the hand formed stone spike walkway. The island is surrounded by shark infested waters. The prisoner art will amaze you. The two parts called the Hole and the Death Hole, will give you cause to ponder, why Costa Rica had such a low crime rate for over a century.
- Sport Fishing. A sport fish is a Sail - Marlin - Dorado - Yellow fin - Mackerel - Sea Bass - Rooster - Shark - Wahoo - and others. Costa Rica offers some of the world's best sport fishing at a location that the I.G.F.A. and The Tico Times both say holds more sport fishing records than the rest of the World combined over the last eleven years? Pochote and Whale Island offers a great entree into this world. It is not just deep sea fishing either! Good "inland" fishing is also available:
-  Specializes in deep-sea fishing and guaranteed catch - they run a couple of boats and can help you get a local hotel too. Their colorful deep-sea captains may be the highlight of your trip.
-  Well run and good local guides