Troncones, or ' Playa Troncones', is a small coastal town located on the Pacific Coast of Mexico in the state of Guerrero.
Small beaches in Troncones
By car, Troncones is about 45 minutes from Zihuatanejo. Negotiate with a Taxi before you get in, but a Taxi will usually charge about USD$70 from the airport. Alternatively, there are frequent buses that head north on the highway from Zihuatanejo. If you board one of these, ask the driver to drop you off at the turn off to Troncones, and then take a colectivo to the township. This is a much cheaper option.
Most things are within walking distance in Troncones, but 'colectivos' run up and down the beach from Troncones to Majagua, and from Troncones to the highway for 5 pesos per passenger.
Enjoy all kinds of activities on the town's three mile stretch of nearly empty beach. Spend the day splashing around, boogie boarding and/or body surfing. Take long walks, runs, or horseback rides on the playa. Or just relax in the hammock, read, and recharge your batteries.
Learn to surf on Troncones beach and/or tackle one of the many nearby surf breaks, including Saladita, a.k.a. “The Wave Machine” (a great spot for beginners and long boarders). Local ecotour companies provide additional entertainment and exercise. Surfboards, stand up paddle boards, bikes and ATV's can all be rented in town. For the more contemplative, Troncones offers daily yoga, meditation, and chi gong classes—all with a stunning ocean view. There are great surf camps in this area as well as many, many empty surf breaks waiting for a board. Nearby is a huge cave system, great to check out some of Mexico amazing wildlife. Snorkeling Directly off Troncones point is some of the best in the area. A public access to this area is located directly in front of Troncones Point Surf Club and Hostel, they also offer snorkel rentals, and cheap surf trips to many of the nearby surf spots.
There are a number of safe swimming areas, the best being directly in front of Hacienda Eden (the food is excellent as well) although always watch for riptides as they can get strong sometimes. Small children should not be in the water without supervision as it is open Pacific coast and large waves may come even on a very calm day.
- Troncones Surfboard Rentals, Troncones, Gro. Mexico, . Rent quality surfboards and enjoy the local surf spots, La Saladita, El Rancho, Playa Troncones. Reserve your board online and your board will be ready when you arrive. edit
- Troncones Beach Volleyball, Tres Mujeres, Troncones, Gro. Mexico, . Biweekly amatuer Beach Volleyball competition open to locals and newcomers. edit
Nearby Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo serve up a cornucopia of more urban entertainments—shopping, nightclubs, movie theatres, amusement parks, dolphinariums, etc.—even miniature golf.
- Present Moment Retreat, (Head North at the T, PMR is 500 meters on the beach side of the road.), . 8am - 10pm daily. Gorgeous setting, amazing food. Using an extraordinary combination of local ingredients and creative curiosity PMR offers some of the most complex, tantalizing and memorable cuisine on the coast. edit
- Rufies, (one street south from the basketball court, you may need to ask somebody). This restaurant is mostly visited by locals, but offers tasty local dishes at a really good price. Brush up on your spanish before you go, as there are no menus and the waitress will quickly tell you what they are offering that night. Don't miss this place if you are after a unique Mexican experience. edit
- Café del Sol. Affordable breakfasts & deli sandwiches. Evening bar and grill setting with fresh seafood, etc. Wood fired pizza in high season. edit
- Roberto's Bistro. edit
- Tropic of Cancer. edit
- Burro Borracho (Drunken donkey), (south of the t-junction on the beach). Open air restaurant owned and operated by Vladamir. Friendly englishspeaking staff. Good food for a good price. Mexican folk dancing on Sundays during peak tourist season edit
Troncones offers many different activities and adventures. However the night life is mostly reserved for Present Moment Retreat and Cafe Sol. Present Moment hosts Juanito Zihua's Salsa Trio every Saturday Night from 8pm - 10pm.
- cangrejo y Toro, La Playa Majahua (On Majahua Bay), . A new villa located on seven acres of beach front. Traditional Mexican architecture and materials with a contemporary design, all surrounded by lush tropical gardens. 75 ft Lap Pool, Sleeps 8 edit
- Casa De Oro, House Of Gold Sleeps 8-10 people. Private villa estate at the end of Troncones Beach, firstname.lastname@example.org 707 765-0557 
- Quinta D'Liz, . Small double bungalows on the beach usd$50/night. edit
- Casa Carolina, Troncones Beach, . A spacious, ecologically-mindful private retreat for surfers, artists, families, yoginis, beach bums and traveling spirits. US$350/night. (17.7666936,-101.7061174) edit
- Al Lado del Mar Vacation Home (email@example.com). An architectural gem, right on the sea, suitable for a couple that wants to get away from it all in luxurious surroundings. Sleep under a 'cathedral' of palapa construction while enjoying all the modern conveniences. edit
- Casa Majahua, tel: +1 415-533-6342, . Eco-friendly beach villa with infinity pool and swim-up bar.
- Casa Oasis, 1 mile north of bridge, ☎ firstname.lastname@example.org, . checkin: 3:00; checkout: 1:00. Breezy beachfront hideaway with panoramic ocean views. Brand new spacious 1 bedroom flat sleeps 3-5. Full kitchen, dining living room—all with views. Great swimming beach in front and advanced surf break nearby. Weekly rates available. Super Summer Special: $135 a nite, double occupancy. 135/double. edit
- Casa Dos Palmas, Lote 6 (South of the T), . Great, new, private home with beautiful infiniti pool and roof deck. There are three suites each with a king sized bed. No rocks in front so easy to surf or swim in the ocean directly in front of the house. edit
- Los Sueños (email@example.com), Troncones (North of the T), ☎ "+52, . checkin: 10:00; checkout: 12:00. 75.00. (17.781577,-101.72590) edit