Midtown Phoenix is in Phoenix.
Midtown Phoenix is generally bounded by I-10 on the south, I-17. on the west, AZ-51. on the east, and Northern Ave. on the north. From within Greater Phoenix, Midtown is most easily reached by one of the major freeways, given it is bounded on 3 sides and exits exist on each major cross street. Major thoroughfares within Midtown are Central Ave., 7th St., and 7th Ave., going north or south; Camelback Rd., Indian School Rd., Thomas Rd., and McDowell Rd. moving east-west. Alternatively, the Valley Metro Light Rail can provide access from Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, or Mesa.
The Valley Metro Light Rail runs along Central Ave. and can be useful for visiting the Phoenix Art Museum or Heard Museum. Phoenix is in the midst of an effort to improve its friendliness towards bicycles, and in recent times new bike lanes have been established, with more coming as time progresses. Currently a dedicated bike lane runs the length of 15th Avenue, with segments of 23rd, 5th, and 3th Avenues, and 12th Street also containing lanes. East-west access for cyclists is spotty, but there are a large number of historic neighborhoods in the area which serve as alternatives to dedicated bicycle lanes.
- Heard Museum, 2301 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-8848, . 9:30 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday, 11 am-5 pm Sunday. Celebrating Native American cultures and arts, especially those of Arizona and New Mexico. Open daily except December 25. $15 adults, $13.50 seniors 62+, $7.50 children 6-12, free for children under 6 and American Indians. edit
- Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 257-1222, . Tu-Su 10AM-5PM (Th until 9PM). 16,000 artworks with an emphasis on American, Asian, Latin American, and modern and contemporary. edit
- The Newton, 300 W Camelback Road Phoenix, AZ. Mixed use development that contains a bookstore and a book bar, restaurant and Southwest gardening shop housed in the old Beef Eaters restaurant. Located near the Central Ave/Camelback Light Rail Station and there is a parking lot for cars and bike rack as well. edit
- Postino on Central, 5144 N Central Ave, . Fun little wine cafe on Central Avenue, just north of Camelback Rd. Good wine selection, but the bruschetta boards are the main attraction. edit
- Green, 2022 N 7th Street, ☎ 602-258-1870, . Mon-Sat 11am to 9pm- closed Sunday. Vegan restaurant that was named the Best Vegan restaurant in Phoenix by the Phoenix New Times. PETA named the secret BBQ Chicken sandwich as the best faux chicken sandwich in the USA. Another location in Tempe. edit
- Appetite Xpress, 507 W Thomas Rd Suite#A (Thomas RD and 7th Ave), ☎ 602-207-8964, . 7am-7pm. Great Food with exquisite ambiance and East-Coast Food. They Serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. My Favorite the Prime Rib Sandwich.ymm $. edit
- George and Dragon, 4240 N Central Avenue, ☎ 602-241-0018, . British pub offering traditional British food and imported beer. In 2011 the Phoenix New Times listed it as the Best British Pub in Phoenix (Readers Choice). edit
- Linger Longer Lounge, 6522 N 16th St Ste 6, ☎ (602) 264-4549, . 4PM to 2 AM daily. Neighborhood lounge with game room with electronic darts and arcade ball machines. 16 drafts or cocktails on tap and happy hour from 4PM to 7PM on weekdays and all day Sunday with drink and food specials. A takeaway case with beer and wine to go is available. edit
- Aunt Chilada's @ Squaw Peak (Traditional Mexican American), 7330 N. Dreamy Draw Drive (7330 N. Dreamy Draw Drive), ☎ 602-944-1286, . 11AM-1PM. Historic Arizona Local Hangout. Palapa Bar like a beach in Mexico and Regulation Bocce Court. Large Patios and beautiful traditional decor. Family owned and operated. Four daughters, a mom and dad and niece and many staff members for years and years. The Best Chips and Salsa, Flour and Corn Complimentary. Band every Friday night...where to be seen...Sunday open mic night. Said to be haunted. Breakfast on Weekends. Groups accommodated from 2 to 650. Friendly and Authentic Arizona. You will love it! Just ask for the owner or daughter and say you read on wikitravel! One of the daughter's French Trained in Paris, Hell's Kitchen, ESPN with LA Angels Coaches and 1st prize, Zane Lamphrey, Drinking Made easy show. Will Ferrell shot "everything must go" on site at Aunt Chilada's! Be sure to ask for one of the family! $12. $8 $9-$15. edit
- Rosie McCaffreys Irish Pub, 906 East Camelback Road, ☎ 602-241-1916, . 11am to 2am daily. Authentic Irish pub with daily specials, happy hour everyday (4 to 7PM) and live music Wednesday through Saturday. Named Best Irish pub in Phoenix by Phoenix Magazine in 2010, Best Irish pub in Phoenix (Readers choice) by the Phoenix New Times and 1 of the top 10 Irish pubs in the USA by MSN.com in 2010. edit
- Quality Inn and Suites Downtown, 202 E McDowell Rd, ☎ +1 602 528-9100, . Eight minutes from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of downtown Phoenix across the street from the Phoenix Art Museum. edit
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix, 2520 N Central Ave, ☎ +1 602 716-9900, . 10 minutes or so from Sky Harbor Airport and right in the heart of midtown Phoenix north of the Heard Museum. edit
- The Clarendon Hotel, 401 W Clarendon Ave, ☎ +1 602 252-7363, . Part of the Midtown Museum District, independent boutique hotel with free international calls and an amazing pool area. edit