Pfäffikon SZ  is a small city in Central Switzerland located in the greater Zürich metropolitan area, between the Lake of Zurich and the Obersee. Pfäffikon is home to about 7'000 people and is the third biggest city in the canton Schwyz. The former farmer village has turned into a business center in Switzerland due to is favourable location on the border between Northeastern and Central Switzerland. Pfäffikon has seen a massive establishment of international headquarters and movement of big industrial and financial companies to the city in the last two decades. Therefore during the week the small city is bustling with business travellers from multinational companies while during the weekend it is very calm. This town in canton Schwyz should not be confused with Pfäffikon ZH which is in the canton of Zurich.
Since Pfäffikon is within the Zürich metropolitan area, it is served by its suburban trains (Zürich S-Bahn). The S2, S5 and S8 lines all offer 2 trains per hour to Zürich Hbf, of which the S2 is the fastest (35 min), followed by S8 (42 min) and S5 (45 min). S2 and S8 use the same route to Zürich Hbf; however, S2 makes limited stops along the line and S8 all stops. It is also possible to use the S2 to get to Zürich Airport (50-55 min). All-zone day and monthly cards are fully valid (see  for more information). Don't go to Pfäffikon ZH by mistake!
Also, IR-trains and IC-trains to Chur and Basel have hourly stops.
If you prefer the car then the Autobahn A3 to Chur/Zurich brings you to Pfäffikon. Keep in mind the loads of commuters so in the morning and evening rush hour it might take 10-15 minutes more as the main road (Churerstrasse) is utilized beyond it's capacity. There is also the entry/exit Schindellegi on the A3 but entry is only in the direction to Chur and exit in direction to Zurich (not both ways!)
Pfäffikon is a town so the best options are by foot or bicycle. There are bus lines  but it's not really necessary if you don't live here. Pfäffikon is part of the regional public traffic system (ZVV) so a valid ZVV ticket (or SBB ticket in case of intra-swiss travel) is sufficient. Orientation is easy as Churerstrasse is the main divider of the town. It starts in the industrial area close to the Autobahn and followed by the Seedamm Center next to Autobahn entry/exit of Pfäffikon. The train station is direct in the center and when you follow the lakeshore to west you fast end in the neighbouring town of Freienbach.
- Seedamm. An almost natural bridge between Pfäffikon and Rapperswil. It's a nice walk, about one hour, and it is part of the St. James path to the monastery of Einsiedeln as well. The wooden bridge is nice to walk along to see birds on the lake. edit
- Castle Pfäffikon, Unterdorf (between train station & lake), . Historic castle that was renovated and today is also used as wedding room from the community edit
- Island Ufenau, (with ZSG boat), . Small island between Pfäffikon and Rapperswil. Scenic walk around the island. There is also a restaurant and it is popular for marriages in summer edit
- Vögele Kulturzentrum, Gwattstrasse 14 (above Seedamm Center), ☎ +41 (0) 55 416 11 11, . Art and cultural exhibition to reflect question of our time edit
- Steam boats During the summer these boats circle around the Lake of Zurich 
- Alpamare, Gwattstrasse 12, ☎ +41 55 415 15 15, . Europe's largest covered water park right next to the Seedamm Center edit
- Strandbad Pfäffikon, Unterdorfweg (Lakeside), . Small but cosy "beach" at the lake. Entry free of charge with changing rooms & small kiosk. No lifeguards on duty edit
- Casino Pfäffikon Zürichsee, Seedammstrasse 3, ☎ +41 55 416 30 30, . One of the few Casinos in Switzerland. All standard games plus special events, very popular before christmas with companies edit
The Seedamm Center  is one of the biggest shopping centers in Switzerland and offers a big variety of shops. It has all the usual shops you can find anywhere else in Switzerland (Migros, Manor etc). In the older center shops close rather early and cater for the people living in that area
Options are limited when you are looking for special foreign cuisines. Some gems can be found in the region and are worth a visit.
There are two bakeries in town, more or less at the junction of the main road, Churerstrasse, and Bahnhofstrasse.
- Bakery Wust on Bahnhofstrasse
- Bakery Gau on Schindellegistrasse. Larger than Bakery Wust, and you can sit down for a coffee.
- Pizzeria da Franco on Churerstrasse
- Trattoria-Pizzeria Höfe if not for the food, certainly for the charming Swiss hospitality offerded by the waiting staff.
- Restaurant Roessli on Schindelligstrasse (above Bakery Gau) - good value local fare and friendly staff
- Gasthaus zum Rathaus (Lakeside), Im Unterdorf am See, ☎ +41 (0) 55 410 24 50, . Nice Restaurant and lounge direct at the lake. Good traditional kitchen with seasonal dishes edit
- Sukhothai (close to train station), Bahnhofsstr. 4, ☎ +41 (0)55 420 26 05, . Mo-Th 11 AM - 6:30 PM; Fri 11AM-2PM. Excellent original Thai take-away restaurant edit
- Restaurant Schiff (Lakeside), Unterdorfstrasse 21, ☎ +41 (0)55 416 17 18, . Only restaurant with terrace right on the lake. Excellent fish menus and good selection of wine. It's family run and the focus is on fresh and high quality food edit
- Restaurant Luegeten, Etzelstrasse 224 (on the hilltop), ☎ +41 (0)55 420 45 44, . Restaurant with an amazing view over the lake of Zurich and good traditional kitchen edit
- Sonderbar, Seedammstrasse 45 (direct on the Seedamm), ☎ +41 (0)55 410 37 73. Bar with amazing view over the Lake of Zurich right on the Seedamm. Interior is sixties style edit
- Living room Bar/Club, Churerstrasse 162 (Industriequartier Ost), ☎ +41 (0)55 410 63 70. edit
- Baywatch Big Big Bar, Talstrasse 31 (Industriequartier Ost), ☎ +41 (0)55 410 36 78, . Baywatch style bar with Jagermeister and Coyote Ugly parties for the younger crowds... edit
Zurich offers a broader variety of hotels because hotels are limited in the city.
- Hotel Sternen, Churerstrasse 34 (close to train station), ☎ +41 (0)55 410 12 91. Budget hotel direct in the center of Pfäffikon. Popular with craftsmen edit
- Hotel Schiff, Unterdorfstrasse 21, Pfäffikon SZ. Tel: +41 55 416 17 18, firstname.lastname@example.org . Charming hotel in traditional style and good breakfast right next to the lake.
- Seedamm Plaza (email@example.com), Seedammstrasse 3, ☎ +41 55 417 17 17, . Four star event hotel including a popular Casino. With 142 rooms biggest hotel in town (,1 day) edit
- Panorama Resort & Spa (firstname.lastname@example.org), Schönfelsstrasse, 8835 Feusisberg SZ (on the hill above Pfäffikon), ☎ +41 (0)44 786 00 00, . One of the best hotels in the greater Zurich area with an amazing view over the Lake of Zurich and the mountains. Actually in the small town of Feusisberg next to Pfäffikon. Also has an exquisit Spa and Restaurant. edit
- Pittoresk Rapperswil is on the other side of the Seedamm (45 min by foot or 5 min by train)
- Zurich is just 25 min away
- Popular ski resorts in Graubünden are just 45-75 minutes by car or train
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!