Damansara Jaya is one of the major districts of northern Petaling Jaya. It consists of Petaling Jaya's Sections 22 and 22A and is mainly a residential area dating from the mid 1970s. The main commercial area within Damansara Jaya is the Atria Shopping Centre.
- By road via LDP, NKVE and Sprint highways.
- By public transport via RapidKL train to Taman Bahagia and then connecting by bus.
The major attraction in Damansara Jaya is the Atria Shopping Centre.
- Morning or evening recreational activities at the Damansara Jaya central park.
- Line dancing at the DJROA community centre.
- Wai Dan Gung at the DJROA community centre.
- Contribute to Recycling Centre at Jalan SS22/47. Operated most Sunday mornings 10 to 12 by DJROA.
Shops are located at
- the Atria Shopping Gallery
- Atria's shops on Jalan SS22/23
- Mewah shops
Groceries are available from
- Village Grocer, Atria Shopping Gallery
- Sundry outlets at Jalan SS22/11 Mewah shops
- Petronas station Jalan SS22/41
- Petronas station located at corner of LDP and Jalan SS22/48
- 7-11 outlet on Jalan SS22/19
- 7-11 outlet on Jalan SS22/11
Books are available from
- Time Bookstore, 1st Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery
- Harvest Stationery, 1st Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery
Beauty, Health and pharmaceuticals from
- Caring Pharmacy, Concourse Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery
- AEON Wellness, Concourse Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery
- M&E Pharmacy, First Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery
- Busy Corner, 83 Jalan SS 22/11, Damansara Jaya, 4700 Petaling Jaya. (At Mewah shops, nearby to Petronas station, behind KDU), ☎ +60 3 7729 0116. This coffee-shop styled restaurant is well known for its selection of claypot rice dishes. Customers may choose from traditional chicken to prawn, fish or beef. Busy Corner also serves varieties of steamed soups.
- Choong Kee Kampar Claypot Rice, 80 Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya (Near to Dominos Pizza and adjacent to Cinta Ria.), ☎ +60 17 871 7739 Irene Heow and +60 16 294 8983 chef's phone. Closed on Wednesdays. Lunch 11:30 to 2:00 pm. Dinner 5:00 to 9:30 pm. This coffee-shop styled restaurant commenced business in January 2009 and serves excellent Kampar claypot chicken rice. A selection of vegetables and steamed soups are also available. The claypot rice is cooked on charcoal stoves. It is not uncommon for most customers to enhance the flavour of the claypot rice by adding Chinese sausage and salted fish. The claypot chicken rice is very popular and the restaurant tends to be jam packed especially during weekends. The operator has relocated from a stall formerly based at the nearby Koon Kee coffee shop. However at times, the lady owner is very rude.
- Esquire Kitchen, Ground Floor, Atria Shopping Centre.
- Hainanese Chicken Rice on Jalan SS 22/23. Halal restaurant near to Dr Kwan's clinic.
- Hooi Loong on Jalan SS 22/19. This location was formerly occupied by the Chef Rasa Sayang Restaurant.
- Hong Kee Tim Sum, 18 & 20 Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya (Next to RHB Bank), ☎ +60 19 388 5631 Sophia Lim +60 12 213 0998 Dr. Michael Ng. Daily 0700-1500. Commenced business in April 2007. Serves excellent dim sum. Open daily 7am to 3pm.
- Hot Stove Cafe on 21 Jalan SS 22/23 opened in late 2006. This coffee-shop styled restaurant featured home-style dishes from Semenyih village.(closed down June 2008). Location is now occupied by Vary Pasta (see below).
- Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum on Jalan SS 22/19. Upmarket restaurant. Commenced business in May 2008. Branch of parent shop in Kuchai Lama.
- Magic Wok, 32 Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya, 4700 Petaling Jaya. (Same row as RHB Bank and Mama's Restaurant), ☎ +60 3 7729 2288 and +60 012 393 6928.
- Ma Ma's Restaurant on Jalan SS 22/25. Upmarket restaurant serving excellent Penang nyonya style dishes. Reputed to be a favourite of the late Datin Paduka Seri Endon Mahmood, wife of Malaysian Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi. The nyonya fish head curry was one dish she had particularly liked.
- Nyonya Foodland Restaurant on the Ground floor of the Atria Complex. Has been on 3rd Floor since 1992. Shifted in September 2008 to former Golden Bowl location on Ground Floor (opposite Nando's). Serves tasty and affordably priced Malacca nyonya food.
- Seri Penang, formerly Penang Cravings on the Ground Floor of the Atria Complex. This is authentic Penang, for Chef Tang is from Tanjung Tokong.
- Bon-Bon Cafe, 22, Jalan SS22/21, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, ☎ +60 3 7728 6357 (fax: +60 3 7728 6357). Serves western and local food in a cosy friendly environment where "everybody knows your name". Bon-Bon is famous for its signature "durian cake", which for many tastes more delicious than the real fruit. Besides pastries, American breakfast and euro pancakes. Bon-Bon has a rotating menu of daily local specials including nasi lemak, laksa and noodles.
- Cinta Ria, 78, Jalan SS 22/25, 47400 Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya (It’s just besides the Choong Kee Claypot Rice.), ☎ +60 3 7726 8981. Cinta Ria is a halal restaurant that commenced business in Decemeber 2007. Serves breakfast from 8:30 AM. Location was previously briefly occupied from April to September 2007 by the Chuan Hiong Bah Kut Teh restaurant.
- Mage Cafe, 32, Jalan SS22/21, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya (It’s just besides the Splash Gamuda.), ☎ +60 3 7710 3648. The Mage Cafe is pork free and serves set lunch everyday. Quite affordable as lunch for 4 persons is just below 40 Ringgit. The owner is from Penang.
- Shirley's Kitchen, 49 Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya, 4700 Petaling Jaya. (On internal road, near to Atria side entrance. Same row as Gamuda office.), ☎ +60 12 295 5114 Callen Baudville +60 3 7710 9097 (email@example.com). Commenced business in mid 2008. Closed during 2010.
- Vary Pasta located at 21 Jalan SS 22/23. Tel: 77106100. Commenced business in July 2008. Claims to have the cheapest Western food in town. The owner used to run the Western food stall in a coffee shop near KDU.
- Omitsu Koshi on Jalan SS 22/23 offers tasty and affordably priced Japanese food.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken on the Ground Floor of the Atria Complex operates the sole American fast food restaurant in Damansara Jaya. This location was originally occupied by A&W.
- Pizza Hut operates a pizza delivery centre at Jalan SS 22/19
- Domino's operates a pizza delivery centre at Jalan SS 22/25
- Nando's South African Peri-Peri chicken can be found on the Ground Floor of the Atria Complex
Chinese Coffee Shops
- Traditional coffee shops can be found at both the Mewah as well as the Atria shops.
- Kopi tiam, a modern version of the traditional coffee shop is located on the ground floor of the Atria Complex.
- Coffee Connexion, another modern day Kopi Tiam commenced business in May 2009 at a double shop lot at 12 & 14 Jalan SS 22/25, two doors away from the Hong Kee Tim Sum restaurant.
Indian Coffee Shops
- Lotus Penang Nasi Kandar restaurant is located adjacent to the Jalan SS22/25 car park.
- Syed Abu, an Indian Muslim restaurant is found on Jalan SS22/19.
Both Lotus and Syed Abu operate on a 24 hours basis.
- Basic fare including Malay and Chinese mixed rice are available from the 2 hawker centres located adjacent to the Jalan SS 22/19 and SS 22/25 car parks.
Check out the 2 clubs located at Jalan SS22/19 and Jalan SS22/23.
There are no inns, guest houses, motels or hotels in Damansara Jaya.