The southern suburbs is an area south of the Swan River in Perth.
- The Old Mill, Mill Point, South Perth Foreshore (Next to the south end of the Narrows Bridge), ☎ +61 8 93675788. Tu-F 10AM-4, Sa Su 1PM-4PM. Built in 1835, the mill is the oldest surviving industrial building from Perth's colonial days. Left to ruin over the years it has been restored along with the adjoining millhouse containing various colonial artifacts. Its a 15 min walk from the Mill Point Jetty or take bus 34 from Wellington St Bus station. Free. edit
- Perth Zoo, . has been open since 1898 and has an excellent reputation with both tourists and locals alike. Free guided tours are provided at 11AM and 1:30PM daily. Thirty-six animal fact files, featuring some of Perth Zoo's most popular species, are available for you to download free before your visit to Perth Zoo . Buses 30, 31 and 34 provide a quick and easy means by which to get to the zoo however if you do feel like a good walk, take the Transperth ferry from the bottom of Barrack St. Once at Mends St, head up the hill to the first major road (Labouchere Rd), turn left and cross at the next available set of traffic lights. The zoo is a bit further up-hill, but it is well worth the walk for those who prefer to keep active. edit
- Swan River Boat Charters (The Magellan Boat Charters), Barrack St Jetty, ☎ +61 428 939 137, . A fun activity to enjoy with the family or group of friends exploring the amazing Swan River water ways. The water is crystal clean and the views are magestic. Drinks at dusk for a night cruise to checkout the city skyline or during the day a short trip across to Rottnest Island are all activities that are a must when visiting Perth. edit
- Garden City, Risely Street, Booragoon. Shopping Mall edit
- Foo Wah Seafood Restaurant, Shop 3, 101 Collins Rd, Willetton. M,W-F,Su Lunch 11.30AM-2PM, Dinner 5PM-10PM. Closed Tuesday. Saturday dinner only.. Over 30 varieties of Western to authentic Asian foods. Eat in or Take-away edit