Pawleys Island  is a city in the Grand Strand region of South Carolina
If you are traveling by air, you will want to fly into the Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR). Regional carrier Spirit airlines runs regular routes from major airports, New York, Detroit, Atlantic City, etc. Other carriers include Delta, Unites, US Air, Continental. Alternate airport is Charleston, SC about 90 miles South.
Heading South on Highway 17 the trip from the Myrtle Beach airport is about 45 minutes when the traffic flow is not heavy. Highway 31 has a South bound expressway that creates greater access and easier traffic flow.
- All Saints Church cemetery. This cemetery features the graves of the poet James Dickey and the mysterious "Alice." edit
- Brookgreen Gardens, Highway 17 North (located between Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet). Brookgreen Gardens is a National Historic Landmark with one of the most significant collections of figurative sculpture by American artists in the world and has the only zoo accredited by the American Zoo and Aquarium Association on the coast of the Carolinas. Within its more than 9,000 acres are the Lowcountry History and Wildlife Preserve, the Huntington Sculpture Garden and the Center for American Sculpture. edit
- Huntington Beach State Park. edit
- Litchfield Books, 14427 Ocean Hwy, Litchfield Landing, Unit G, Pawleys Island, South Carolina, . Mon - Sun: 9am - 6pm. Independent Book Store edit
- Habanero's: Mexican
- Pastaria 811: Italian
- Hanser House: Seafood, etc.
- Carolina Wings: American
- Frank's & Frank's Outback
- Island Deli and Cafe
- Landolfi's: Italian
- High Hammock
- Louis's at Pawleys and The Fish Camp Bar, Highway 17 at the Hammock Shops, . Open Daily from 11:00AM till 10:00 PM weekdays and 11:00 PM weekends. Owned and operated by Chef Louis Osteen, this restaurant is defined by his passionate devotion to the foods of his Southern ancestry and the Lowcountry. The chef is widely recognized for leading the charge in the preservation of Southern cooking traditions and an early proponent of using local ingredients. The business includes the elegant Louis's at Pawleys, the more casual Fish Camp Bar, or at the specialty food and fine wine market - Louis's To Go. edit
- Palmetto Cheese, ☎ 1-888-406-9823, . A brand of pimento cheese that originated at the Sea View Inn on Pawleys Island. It is still produced locally for the Pawleys Island area and can be found at Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly at Litchfield and Sea View Inn. edit
- Pawleys Island Eats (Restaurant Food Delivery), 157 Windy Ln, ☎ 843-655-8803, . 11-11. Pawleys Island Eats offers Online Delivery and Take Out Menus for many Pawleys Island Restaurants. The website offers Online Menus for Mexican Cuisine, Sushi, American Style and Gourmet Italian. Pawleys Island Food Delivery has become the ultimate convenience when vacationing in Pawleys Island South Carolina edit
- Sea View Inn, 414 Myrtle Ave, ☎ (843) 237-4253, . checkin: noon; checkout: 10AM. On a private beach with the ocean on one side, and a pristine salt marsh on the other. Charming and laid back, is smack in the middle of the island. edit
- Vista Inn & Suites, 7903 Ocean Highway, ☎ +1 843-237-4261, . edit
- Litchfield Real Estate, 12980 Ocean Highway,
Pawleys Island, SC, ☎ 843-237-4241, . Since 1959, Litchfield Real Estate has provided experience and expertise in property management, sales, and vacation rentals in the Litchfield Beach/Pawleys Island area. edit
|Routes through Pawleys Island
Wikipedia:Pawleys Island, South Carolina