Pasargad is a historical site near Shiraz, in Fars province. Famous for the tomb of Cyrus.
Bus to Saadatshahr, from there savari to Pasargad.
The sights are a few kilometers apart, so you might want transport in between.
- Tomb of Cyrus, is the burial place of the ancient Cyrus the Great of Persia who founded of the Persian Empire under the Achaemenid dynasty. However it is unfortunately hidden under an ugly scaffolding and corrugated iron roof.
- Private palace (Palace P)
- Gateway palace, very little left of it.
- Irrigation of the royal garden, interesting to see how advanced they were then
- Throne of the mother of salomon, a ruin of a palace on a hill.
There are no restaurants on site.
Buy your bottled water near the ticket office.