Partizanske  is a city in Western Slovakia.
Partizanske, formerly called Batovany, is one of the famous serial cities built and financed by Jan Antonin Bata in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Great Britan, and more than a dozen other countries. The name change from Batovany to Partizanske was to commemorate the place where the Slovak Uprising began and where more than 250 Batamen lost their lives defending the city from the Waffen SS in 1944.
The city is in the upper part of the valley of Nitra River in a beautiful and interesting region of Slovakia. Partizanske is a shoemaking metropolis, also called the entrance gate of upper Nitra's region. Strazovske Mountains and Vtacnik Massif surround the city. Partizanske has plenty of parks, flowered streets, and trees.
The city was established in 1938-1939 by Jan Antonin Bata who founded a shoemaking factory and town originally called Batovany. At its pre-WWII peak, Bata became one of the best known brands of shoes, tires and other manufactured goods. Today, Partizanske has become a major city with a population reaching 25,000 inhabitants.
Partizanske's symbol is a blazon with a shoe between two roses and a seal of Simonovany, the historical part of the town. The city also has its own flag and seal.
- SNP Square, (Downtown). The square was reconstructed in 1998. Comprises a fountain and a statue of soldiers who were killed in World War II.
- Simonovany Castle (also known as Water Castle), (In the oldest part of the town). Built in 14th-15th century when it was located in a small island in the middle of Nitra River.
- Brodzany Castle, (Near Partizanske). Has beautiful green garden with romantic sceneries. It has its own museum named after Alexander Sergejevic Puskin, a famous writer.
- Church of God's Heart. Features a big marble cross with a statue of Jesus.
- Tomas Bata Statue, (In front of the shoemaking factory). Weights 330kg and measures 2 meters. Though Tomas Bata was the founder of several of the Bata companies including T&A Bata of Zlin. The assets of T&A Bata were purchased by Tomas' brother Jan Antonin Bata in 1931 and the company was reformed under the name Bata a.s., Zlin. Tomas Sr. who died in 1932 had no connection with the creation of Batovany in Slovakia in 1938-39 (later renamed Partizanske in 1948). Batovany was the creation of his younger brother Jan Antonin Bata.
- Flower Shoe, (Downtown). The most important symbol of the city.
- Observatory. Important culture-educative place for students, and there is possibility to observe sky during the day as well as during the night. The main dominant of this observatory is its cupola with lens telescope.
- Thermal sources. Partizanske has three thermal sources. There is a new big lido with four different pools, toboggan, volleyball ground, snack bars, cafes, and other recreational facilities. Near it, there is a spa where people look for relax, massages, and sauna not only in summer months.
- Lakes. There are two lakes close to Partizanske that are surrounded by beautiful nature where anglers can find their peaceful area. Some people own small wood cottages on their banks where they spend weekends.
- Winter sports. There are also several possibilities to do winter sports in this area. You can do ice skating on local lakes surface or in ice hockey stadium. Skiing is available in close skiing area called Horna Ves. Furthermore, many accommodation facilities offer you comfortable winter or summer holiday there.
- Autocross and motocross. Partizanske is famous for international competition in autocross and motocross that take place in close village Velke Uherce. World cups as well as European cup in motocross are big events over the Slovakia and many people arrive to visit this competition. Atmosphere of this occasion attracts attention of many visitors.
- The way across the magic forest. Every year 1 June. Event for children.
- Ismet. This amazing icecream parlour in the central square of Partizanske is something of a small social hub, and serves the most ludicrous array of delicious icecreams for only 30c a scoop. Well worth visiting more than once. 30c.
- Restaurant Clerence. It is the restaurant located by the main street, which is passing through the town. The restaurant is a beautiful place for having nice launch or relaxing with friends. Guests will enjoy terrace outside the restaurant in hot summer days and evenings. The prices are affordable and no one will be disappointed of paying the bill after eating the meal.
- Restaurant Dukas. This is not classical restaurant where just a nice food is served, but this restaurant offers the customers something extra. This restaurant is placed inside the Sport Centrum, where visitors can use the multifunctional sport field with tribune. Beside the field, guests will find there four newly built bowling lines. This is a good place for meeting with friends or having fun relaxing and playing interesting games. According to the price list of the restaurant, it costs about 300 Sk for one hour of bowling game.
- Restaurant Afrodita. This restaurant offers something very special. The restaurant was moved from the town to small village called Cerenany, which is about 15 km far away from Partizanske, and is known for cooking for celebrities, political visitors and other famous people. According to the evaluation provided by the Slovak magazine called Trend, the Afrodita restaurant is on the top place among the best restaurants in Slovakia (http://relax.etrend.sk). There guests can find very luxurious seats for official meetings, smaller saloons, and traditional Slovak room made of wood, in which the traditional Slovak foods are offered. Due to the region, which is about 150 km far from the Capital, the prices are lower than one would expect seeing the beautiful castle where the restaurant takes place. Around the castle is an eye-catching park where the terrace offers comfort during hot summer days.
- Bojnice — one the most famous areas in the Slovak Republic offering history, entertainment and relaxation. Bojnice is well known for its castle. It is one of the oldest monuments in Slovakia; it has become the national museum. The last owner of the castle was the earl Jan Frantisek Palffy. The castle is used for not only daily and nightly visitors but also entertainment events. These events attract thousands of people every year. It is worth visiting some of them; for example, the most popular events are the International Festival of Ghosts and Spirits, the Fairytale Castle, the Valentines weekend at the Castle or the Christmas at the Castle. From the names of these events is clear what they are about. Special attention is paid on the Ghost and Spirit Festival. Visitors have to pay ticket, but the price is something about 150 SK and then they will be taken to the castle. Visitors will become a part of a story from the frightening history of the castle and its owners, in which the ghosts and spirits are acting and trying to scare you. Another beautiful place in [Bojnice] which is worth seeing is a ZOO. This is one of the most modern ZOOS not only in the Slovakia but also in the central Europe. It is located right in front of the Castle. It offers a lot of either fun for children and adults or romance for pairs in love. In ZOO are beautiful parks with many species of trees from every corner of the world. Visitors will enjoy the beauty of the place. There can be seen many different and interesting animals; for example, quests can find there 75 species of mammals, 138 species of birds, 86 species of fish, and 47 different reptiles. Children are special group, who will be really entertained by the ZOO in Bojnice, because here are many attractions provided only for them. There is also something very interesting and useful for adults. The thermal spa located in Bojnice, about 2 km from the castle and ZOO, is well known for its medical effects. There are 9 underground water sources, the temperature of which is from 28 – 52 Celsius. According to the spa web page, the thermal water has good effects on body mobility and nervous system. The capacity of the spa bojnice (Kupele Bojnice) is more than 500 visitors. Instead of thermal water, the visitors will enjoy modern outdoor swimming pool with 3 pools during hot summer days. Bojnice is clearly one of the most beautiful and romantic place in the Slovakia. It is not waste of time going there for one day or week. Visitors will find the entertainment, health or historical monument during every season of the year.