Parintins is a city in the Brazilian state of Amazonas, near the border of Pará.
FESTIVAL DO BOI
The city is famous for the Boi Bumbá festival that celebrates Amazonian culture.
- Fast motor launches leave Manaus in the early morning. 10 hours, 120-150 reais, two different companies on alternating days.
- Several large riverboats a day from Manaus, about 30 hours.
- Two boats a day to Santarem, 14 hours, 50 reais. These are en-route from Manaus, often with delays.
- Trip flies to many regional destinations.
- The Parintins Festival is one of Brazil's most famous and exciting festivals. Visitors arrive at the island of Parintins to witness the dispute played by the two "bumbás", groups of people, representing the two "bulls": "Caprichoso" and "Garantido", from the Parintins Cult.
Dozens of pousadas, starting at 20 reais a night.