Panaca is a small city in Southern Nevada.
Gambling and alcohol are illegal. it was founded as a Mormon colony in 1864. The town has not changed much ever since.
Panaca is located in the remote desert of Nevada at the crossroads of U.S. 53 and Highway 319. Panaca is about an hour and a half west of Cedar City, Utah, and three hours north of Las Vegas.
- Court Rock. A distinctive hill/rock formation that was used as a jail until 1871. (37.79399,-114.38748) edit
- Cindy Sooz Country Kitchen, 503 Main Street, ☎ 775-728-4800. edit
- Pine Tree Inn, 412 N Third Street, ☎ 775-728-4675, . A bed and breakfast that also houses a bakery and offers horseback riding and ATV guided tours. $70-85. edit
- Rachel, the closest city to Area 51.
- Beaver Dam State Park, (South on U.S. 93, east on Beaver Dam Rd.), ☎ 775-728-4460 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Beaver Dam State Park is the most remote park in the Nevada system, located 34 miles southeast of Panaca. It is a wild area of forests, canyons, streams, and, of course, beaver dams. Activities include fishing, camping, and hiking. $14 per vehicle. edit
- Cathedral Gorge State Park, (1 mile north on U.S. 93, west on Cathedral Gorge State Park Road), ☎ 775-728-4460 (email@example.com), . Cathedral Gorge is a fun gorge of benzonite clay that has been eroded into tall formation. Visitors can wander inside the benzonite formations, which change frequently due to the weather. The park offers a Dutch oven cook-off in September. $7 per vehicle. edit