Oslob is in Cebu Island.
Oslob is one of the two destinations in Philippines famous for Whale Shark watching. It is a tourist magnet and over a hundred thousand tourists come here every year to swim with the whale sharks. It is heavily criticized] though, for feeding the whale sharks, and disrupting their natural migration patters and behaviours, thus falling under the category of irresponsible tourism.
Oslob's Whale shark watching is located at a small barangay named Tan-awan, a 10 km drive away from the town center of Oslob.
There are no ATMs in Oslob or anywhere close to it which accept international cards(Mar 2016). So have pesos with you...
Terminal- South Bus Terminal
Ceres Bus Fare (non-air-conditioned)-150 php
Ceres Bus Fare (air-conditioned)-155 php
Travel time-3 hours
Frequency :30 minutes (day and night 24hours)
From Bato 20 minutes ride with a Ceres bus 30php.
From Moalboal around 2 hours (1hour and a half to get to Bato and then another 20 minutes) 70+30php.
Butanding Watching Schedule- 6:00AM-12:30PM
- Whale Watching only -300 php
- Whale Watching plus Snorkeling (inclusive of equipments) for Locals- 500 php
- For foreigners- 1,000 php
- This fee must be paid. Not allowed to access to the beach without fee paid or swim. Closely controlled
Tumalog Falls Motorcycle/Van Ride (2-way) :120 php from Whale shark area Entrance Fee: 20 php -4 km in the mountain from Whale shark location.
- If you have your own transportation just watch out for any Tumalog Falls signs in the main road, 3km before the whale shark location coming from Cebu city. From there, the road goes up in the mountain for a couple of km.
- Watch and Swim with Whale Sharks (Butanding). Get fascinated to watch friendly creatures of the sea as you enjoy watching and swimming with the friendly whale sharks (tuki) in Oslob Cebu. Whale sharks can be seen in a small barangay Tan-awan, which is 10 km away from the center town of Oslob. Whale shark watching in Cebu started last September 2011 and it became popular all over the world when the news hit in the internet last November 2011. By December 2011, local fishermen’s interact with the whale sharks by feeding them that result to flocking of tourist to the beach of Tan-awan. Large numbers of tourists began arriving in Oslob not just to see the whale sharks being fed but also to snorkel or dive with them. edit
- Visit the Tumalog Falls. Another must-see and recently discovered place in Oslob is the Tumalog Falls. The falls have mini-umbrellas that cascade fine strands of cold, fresh water in a rain-like fashion. It can be reached via a habal-habal or on private cars. edit
- Take a day tour at Sumilon Island. Bluewater Sumilon offers a day tour package wherein tourist can enjoy a whole day stay at Sumilon Island. The package rate is Php 1,500 on weekdays and Php 2,000 on weekend and holidays. Included in the package are roundtrip boat transfers, a set lunch, use of swimming pool and island activities (kayaking, snorkeling, trekking). edit
You can get some street food at the evening in the Oslob city. It is located on the side of the main road, so it is hard to miss it. Behind the street food there is also a fruit market. So you can buy there some fresh fruits all day long.
There are lots of resort in the town of Oslob which will suit every budget.
- BCD’S Place, Brgy. Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu, ☎ +639228736128, . BCD'S Place is locate within the whaleshark watching area. The resort is aproximately 3 hour travel via bus/van from Cebu City. edit
- Brumini Beds and Beach Resort, Brgy. Tan-awan, Oslob, Cebu, ☎ +639339652200. Also located in Tan-awan, the resort is right across the Barangay Hall and down the street from the whaleshark watching area. Whaleshark watching tour can be arranged at the resort. edit
- Ermi Beach Resort, National Highroad 1, Gawi, Oslob, Cebu, ☎ +639328449048. Ermi Beach Resort is situated in a place closer to the ocean with an excellent panoramic view to Bohol, Siquijor, Negros and other islands. It serve local and international dishes blended with nice collection of wine. The resort is a very nice venue for wedding, anniversary, baptism, birthday, graduation, family bonding, company outing, school outing and other important gatherings. edit
- GT Seaside Inn, San Jose St, Poblacion, Oslob, Cebu 6025, ☎ +63 32 4819023. edit
- Oslob Malonzo Pension House, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, ☎ +639223201153. edit
- Seafari Resort Oslob, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, ☎ +63325131615, . edit
- MB Sunrise View Resort, National Highway, Tan-awan, Oslob 6025 Cebu, Philippines. edit
- Hotel Sebastian, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines. edit
- New Village Lodge, San Jose St, Población, Oslob, Cebu 6025 Philippines, ☎ +63 32 4819025, . edit
- Bluewater Sumilon Beach Resort, Sumilon Island, Bancogon, Oslob, Cebu, ☎ +63 32 3183129, . Located on Sumilon Island. Starts at 8200. edit