Orcas Island is located off the northern coast of Washington State. It is the largest island of the San Juan Islands. Orcas is about 57 square miles, and takes the shape of a horse shoe. Population of the island is 4,453.
From Anacortes you can take a Ferry, but when planning to do so look at schedules ahead of time considering they change repeatedly. If you can't take a ferry then you have the choice of a seaplane or airplane from Seattle or Portland, Oregon.
- Washington State Ferries, 1-888-808-7977, 2901 Third Avenue Suite 500, Seattle WA 98121-3014 
- Kenmore Air, seaplane airlines, 866-435-9524, 6321 NE 175th, Kenmore, WA 98028-0064 
The most pleasant way to get around the island, especially if you aren't in a hurry, is by bicycle. You can bring your own bike on the ferry, or rent one at various outlets around the island. You can also bring your car on the ferry (but car passage is more expensive than foot passage). There are also bus and car rental services on the island.
- Orcas Island Shuttle, ☎ +1-(360) 376-RIDE (7433) (email@example.com), . June 26-September 6, 2010. This shuttle runs five round-trips a day during the summer, between the ferry landing and Moran State Park. Stops at Rosario Resort, Cascade Harbor Inn / Discovery House, Moran State Park, Country Corner / Inn At Ship Bay, Airport, Eastsound / Outlook Inn, Golf Course, West Sound, Deer Harbor, Ferry dock. Driving tours on compact disc also available. $6 one-way, $12 day pass.. edit
- Orcas Island Taxi, Eastsound,WA, ☎ +1-(360) 376-TAXI (8294) (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 24 hours/day. Alternate phones: +1-(800) 942-1926; Example fare: Eastsound to Ferry dock $27.00. 5.50 drop + $2.50/mile. edit
- Orcas Island rental car, (Car delivered at time and location you specify.), ☎ +1-(360) 376-RIDE (email@example.com), . Used but clean cars, mini-vans and convertibles. Delivered to you anywhere on Orcas Island. When you are done with the car, just lock the keys in it and leave; they come pick it up. Available year-round. 4-door midsize car 59.95 + tax, mini-van 79.95 + tax, convertible 99.95 + tax. edit
- M & W Car rentals, (at Orcas Moped, Orcas Village), ☎ +1-360-376-5266, . May 15 - Oct 15 only. This Orcas Island branch of a Friday Harbor-based business usually has just one size of car available (though a van may be available on request) and only during peak season. $59.95/day. edit
The island provides many attractions to see and do.
- Atop Mt. Constitution there is a near 360 degree view from a stone tower built by the public works of the Roosevelt era (television broadcast tower for KVOS TV makes it less than 360 degrees, but still worth it).
- the Magic Air tour allows you to see the entire island from a bird's-eye view.
- Moran State Park consists of 5,252 acres of camping park with five freshwater lakes and over 30 miles of hiking trails as well as going to the Obstruction Pass State Park.
- Go to the farmers markets and see what the vendors have to sell.
- Orcas Island Historical Museum.
- Go sea kayaking with biologist guides in the prime orca whale watching waters. Abundant seals, eagles, and other marine wildlife are seen on day tours or camping trips from 2, 3 or 5 days to the smaller islands. 360-378-5767 or 888-589-4253, firstname.lastname@example.org. Kayaking with Whales in the San Juan Islands
- Go bird-watching with local bird book author/biologist Mark Lewis anywhere in the San Juan Islands, home to 300+ species of birds. Tour lengths from half-day to full day to multi-days. 360-378-5767 or 888-589-4253. Birding Tours in the San Juan Islands
- Orcas Island Taxi Service, Eastsound WA, ☎ 376-TAXI, . 24 hours. Family owned and operated. Eric Whitehead and Karen Plunkett driving for you! Gaurenteed friendly with professional service. edit
Orcas Island provides a variety of restaurants. From fine dining to just relaxing in a cozy cottage. Serving American dishes, Mexican dishes, southwestern and Latin cuisines not to forget about the fresh seafood.
From your typically bottle of water to fresh squeezed lime margaritas.
Darvill's Bookstore: A great place for a cup of afternoon tea or the perfect place to enjoy a double espresso while staring out at the bay.
With a variety of Inns you are able to pick what suits you the most. From new to vintage, small cottages to your traditional Inns, as well as resorts and hotels.
The Outlook Inn: This Inn is a perfect location for a relaxing retreat. The location places it in the middle of the island. All of your outdoor sights and sounds are easily accessible. Best of all, the setting is idyllic.