- For other places with the same name, see Ono (disambiguation).
Ōno (大野), also called Echizen Ōno, is a historic castle town in Fukui prefecture, Japan.
There is a direct bus and train link with Fukui City.
- Hokyoji Monastery - this beautiful Soto Zen monastery located in the hills on the outskirts of the town displays an original self-portrait of Zen Master Dogen.
- Tera-Machi - a street of historic temples.
- Learn zazen (Buddhist meditation) - many Westerners have studied with Sasagawa Roshi at his temple in the foot hills around Ono. Tel:+81 779 660-325 (some spoken Japanese would be helpful).
- Asa-ichi (朝市). The morning street market.
Ono offers many options for outdoor lovers. There are several ski areas within a 45min drive of the city, and in summer the Kuzuryu river and Manahime Lake are beautiful spots for kayaking or camping.