Oliver is in the Okanagan region of British Columbia.
Oliver has a small airport; it is possible to be flown directly in to town by private jet from a neighboring city such as Penticton or Osoyoos.
Car access to Oliver is made simple by the fact that Highway 97 (a major highway through the Okanagan region) passes directly through the town. While Oliver has a private taxi company, there is no public transportation system except for specialized bus services for seniors or people with disabilities.
Oliver is a relatively small town; most, if not all, of everything is within walking distance. However, you can get a private taxi service to drive you around if need be. There is the KVR trail (also referred to as the Hike & Bike path) that makes its way to Osoyoos and up to OK Falls and Penticton; it is a scenic route along the Okanagan River. Most of the route is paved and well maintained, and even the unpaved (gravel) parts are well looked after with minimal holes and obstructions. This path is definitely faster, safer and more fun to travel on than the highway, if you plan to bike or walk to any of Oliver's neighboring cities.
Make sure to visit some of the many world class wineries while in Oliver. Oliver is home to the Golden Mile, and some of the valley's best grapes are grown here.
Across the valley from the Golden Mile is the Black Sage bench, which is home to some of the valley's most acclaimed wineries. It is renowned for its easterly position, heat, and long summer sun exposure, allowing for the production of high-quality red wines. Not all wineries in the area focus on "big red" wines, however. The Black Sage region of the South Okanagan is definitely a worthwhile area to tour during a stay in Oliver.
Stoneboat Vineyards- 7148 Orchard Grove Lane, Oliver BC (turn left onto Rd 9 from Hwy 97, turn left again at Orchard Grove Lane), 250 498-2226  Stoneboat Vineyards is a family owned and operated estate winery that focuses on premium Pinot varietals as well as Pinotage, a robust red varietal that is relatively unique in Canada. The Martiniuk family has been growing grapes in the Okanagan for over 20 years.
Come to the okanagan, bring your tent, find a lake and relax.
Oliver is home to many unique specialty shops, the likes of which span subjects as diverse as crafts, aesthetics, jewellery and video rental. In the town's core there is a mall, a friendly and informative Visitor Centre, and numerous restaurants to fill your bags, quench your thirst and satiate your hunger.
•Come and visit the Oliver & District Heritage Society (☎250-498-0490, 9728 356 Avenue) to learn more about the history of the town.
•Drop by the historic Oliver Theatre (☎250-498-2277, 36092 97th St.) to take in a modern day flick on a big, old-time screen with old-time prices, or grab a movie from Sundance Video (☎498-6560, 36023 97 Street) and enjoy it on your own terms.
•Enjoy some authentic gelato with your gourmet lunch at Medici's Gelateria & Coffee House (☎250-498-2228, 9932 350th Ave.), or pop into The Firehall Bistro (☎250-498-4867, 34881 97th Street) for a taste of their chic atmosphere and classic cuisine.
•Check into Beyond Bliss Boutique (☎250-498-6898, 35672-97th St.) and pick up some jewellery for that extra lustre, or get yourself beautified by one of their many aesthetics treatments.
•Pop by Quail's Nest Art Gallery (☎250-485-0088, 34274-95th St.) or Shores Sculpture & Design (☎250-498-4414, 11103-354th Ave.) to experience first-hand the contemporary rustic-modern fusion that defines Oliver's artistic ambience.
Visit the South Okanagan Chamber of Commerce or Visitor Centre  today for more information.
- A&W 34651 Highway 97 ☎1-250-498-5559
- Tim Horton's 150 34017 Hwy 97 ☎1-250-485-4199
- Subway 35609 97th Street ☎1-250-498-3530
- Buy Low Deli
- Super-Valu Deli 34651 Hwy. 97 ☎1-250-498-4877 which also has Chester Fried Chicken
3 of the wineries have full restaurants
- Miradoro which is located at Tinhorn Creek Winery. 32830 Tinhorn Creek Road ☎1-250-498-3742 Enjoy Mediterranean inspired cuisine while enjoying a breath taking view of the valley
- Terrafinawhich is located at Hester Creek Winery. Road # 8 ☎1-250-498-2229 Discover the Tuscan inspired cuisine while enjoying a view of the valley from the patio.
- Sonora Room which is located at Burrowing Owl Winery. Freshness and flavour are mixed with an obsession to deliver the very best of the region to ensure unsurpassed quality.
Both of the golf courses in the area have restaurants. Enjoy a round of golf then hit the club house for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Even if you don't want to play a round of golf you can still enjoy a delicious meal.
- The Grill which is located at the Nk'Mip Canyon Golf Course 37041 71st Street ☎1-250-498-2880
- Diamondback Grill which is located at the Fairview Golf Course 13105 334th Avenue ☎1-250-498-6050
We have 3 pizza places; all of them ready to serve up your favourites as well as their own specialties.
- Yum Yum's Pizza & Bistro35833 97th Street ☎1-250-498-4039
- Pizza 97 34634 97 Street ☎1-250-498-0112
- Almerio's Pizza 5-34836 97th Street ☎1-250-498-6610
We also have 3 Asian Restaurants.
- Asia Buffet 35640 97th Street ☎1-250-498-8434 This place has something for everyone; a lunch and dinner smorgasbord serving both Chinese and American cuisine.
- Oliver Garden 35617 97 Street ☎1-250-498-2168
- Sizzling Rice 4840 97th Street ☎1-250-498-8899 Fresh and creative cuisine, you can dine in or take out.
- Best of India 36094 97th Street ☎1-250-498-0872 Enjoy authentic Indian food in the comfortable, bright decor of India.
- Canteloupe Annie's Deli 34845 97th Street ☎1-250-498-2955 Enjoy homemade sandwiches, salads, and soups. They also have a great breakfast.
- Cock & Bull Cappucino Bar 34849 97th Street ☎1-250-498-6261 They have nice desserts as well as great sandwiches and daily specials.
- Covert Farm's Market & Restaurant 38614 Secrest Rd ☎1-250-498-2731 A great organic meal prepared for you in a farm setting.
- Crucetti's Family Restaurant 34651 2451 97th Street ☎1-250-498-4833 The place to go for a great breakfast, lunch and casual dinner.
- Firehall Bistro 34881-97th Street ☎1-250-498-4867 It offers good wine choices by the glass and hearty plates with plenty of local ingredients.
- Hammer's House of Hog The barbeque sauce is out of this world. This place serves up all your southern BBQ favourites.
- Medici's Gelateria 9932 - 350 Ave ☎1-250-498-2228 This place serves up traditional gelato, sorrbetp, paninis, and an assortment of gourmet coffees.
- Mr. Spud Fry Truck 34674 97 Street ☎1-250-328-0423 The fries are made from fresh cut potatoes and fried once you've ordered.
- Murphy's Pub 36041 97 Street ☎1-250-498-4947 The only bar in town serves up all your favourite pub food, they also have trivia and karaoke nights.
- Oliver's Bakery & Deli 34830 97 Street ☎1-250-498-0380 The best donuts in town, they also have sandwiches and coffee.
- Savvio's Family Restauarnt 34646-97th Street ☎1-250-498-4418 Enjoy a Mediterranean meal in a family friendly environment.
- Sinbad's Fish & Chips 35656 97th Street ☎1-250-498-0456 Who would've thought you could get great fish & chips with out driving all the way to the coast.
- Sunshine Cafe 34882 Hwy 97 ☎1-250-498-1964 Enjoy a cup of coffee in a nice, quiet, and relaxing atmosphere.
- Ye Olde Welcome Inn 39008 97th Street ☎1-250-498-8840 This pub has an old English feel to it, inside and out; they'll be serving up your pub favourites and more.
Oliver has a bar located down Main Street. There is also a bar in the Ghallager lake area (a bit outside of town on the way to Penticton). There is a provincial liquor store on Main Street. The drinking age in BC is [b]19[/b].
Bed & Breakfast
- 1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B, 935 Morningstar Road, ☎ 1-888-498-4451, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 11AM. A comfortable, friendly accommodation. Located in a quiet neighborhood. Private bathroom with jetted soaker tub and shower. $75-95. edit
- 19th Hole B&B, 33426-123rd St, ☎ 1-250-485-8465, . $110-150. edit
- Above the Orchard B&B, 33616-93 Street (Road 4), ☎ 1-250-498-4243, . $100-130. edit
- Absolutely Suite, 11119 348th Ave, ☎ 1-250-498-4350, . $125-150. edit
- Adobe Rose, 11108-354 Avenue, ☎ 1-250-498-6367. $110-170. edit
- Burrowing Owl Guest House, Burrowing Owl Lane, ☎ 1-877-498-0620. $175-350. edit
- Covey Run, 37067-83 Street, ☎ 1-250-498-8827. $85-120. edit
- Elm Tree, 9507-378 Ave, ☎ 1-250-498-3094. $140-175. edit
- Everest Oasis, 34455 103 Street, ☎ 1-250-498-5434. $125-145. edit
- Happy Quail Log House, 176 Carr Crescent, ☎ 1-250-498-3538. $90-150. edit
- The Villa At Hester Creek, 13163-326 St, ☎ 1-866-498-4435. $175-295. edit
- Lindale Farm Guest House, 10932-337 Avenue, ☎ 1-250-498-4196. $100-150. edit
- Morbrook Farms, 9521-374 Avenue, ☎ 1-250-498-0268. $85-135. edit
- Oliver House, 9787-336 Avenue (Road 3), ☎ 1-250-498-8461. $110-130. edit
- O'Reilly's Organic Farm, 37617 Highway 97, ☎ 1-250-498-6044. $120-300. edit
- Retreat by the Lake, 36653 81st Street, ☎ 1-250-498-0700. $75-120. edit
- Riverside Trails, 37445-93 Street (Island Way), ☎ 1-250-488-6883. $135+. edit
- Road 6, 33007-91 Street (Road 1), ☎ 1-250-498-4603. $105-125. edit
- Two Loons by the Lake, 37036-81 Street, ☎ 1-250-498-4539. $85-95. edit
- Worths on the Water, 9750 Sundial Road ( Road 2), ☎ 1-250-498-0654. $150-175. edit
Simply take Highway 97 to Osoyoos (south) or Penticton (North) to open a wide possibility of other cities in the Okanagan region. Penticton is a 30 minute drive and Osoyoos is about 15-20 minutes.