This article is a travel topic
This is a calendar of events and festivals in the month of October.
- Second Monday - Thanksgiving.
- 1st: National Day - anniversary of founding of People's Republic - most people get a one-week holiday
- Early Oct: Paris Motor Show
- October 31 - Día de los Muertes (Day of the Dead)
- October 1-14: Jinju Lantern Festival, 
- 10th: Anniversary of the Hsinhai Revolution, otherwise known as the National Day of the Republic of China
- 23rd: Chulalongkorn Day (public holiday)