Ocean Shores is a city in the Olympic Peninsula region of Washington. It is located between Grays Harbor and the natural beauty of the Pacific Ocean. It is also near the wild wetlands of the Olympic Peninsula. The ocean shores are spectacular with a first-class resorts that offer the finest family vacation lodging anywhere on the Washington coast. The pacific coastline is made up of secluded beaches and ancient rainforests.
The weather in Ocean Shores is affected by the cold Pacific Ocean. Although it may be the middle of July and cloudless in the rest of the state, within 10 miles of the ocean, fog, wind, and mist will loom. With this in mind, don't come expecting to "catch some rays".
The Quinault Indian Nation is comprised of over 1,300 members of the Quinault, Queets, Hoh, Quilieute, Chehalis, Cowlitz, and Chinook tribes. The 208,150 acre Reservation is pure in its wild coastline, unspoiled lakes, raging rivers, and pristine wilderness--also home to one of the largest conifer producing forest in America.
On a trivial note, crooner musician Pat Boone was an early investor when the town development began in 1967.
- From Aberdeen Follow US-101 north (going towards 'Hoquiam & Port Angeles') along N Alder St (in downtown Aberdeen) which becomes Sumner Ave & Riverside Dr. In Hoquiam (after crossing bridge) turn west (left) on Emerson Ave (WA-109) and go the next 20mi/32km along WA-109 to WA-115 (turn-off) which is the road going into Oceanshores.
- The MV El Matador used to cross 6x daily between Oceanshores and Westport prior to 2008. Ferry has ceased due to the lack of dredging at the Oceanshores Marina Channel, thus making it impossible for the ferry to access.
- Olympic National Park is home to glacier capped mountains atop temperate rainforests and ancient forests. This is a truly magical place where the uniqueness of the alpine landscape seamlessly joins the vastness of the sea.
- Ocean City State Park is 170 acres of beach, dunes and shoreline pine. Clamming, surfing, kite flying and beachcombing are popular activities. Check out the interpretive center and amphitheater.
- Cape Disappointment State Park is nothing like its namesake. This 1,882-acre park is located on the Long Beach Peninsula. The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center is suspended on a 200-foot-high cliff and promises one of the most spectacular views in Washington State. Visitors can play on the 27 miles of ocean beach, explore the lighthouses or take in the ocean breeze on one of the hiking trails.
- Golf. Visit the Ocean Shores Golf Course.
- Go fishing. Charter a captain to skipper the boat while you fish for halibut salmon, and tuna with a number of different charter services.
- Watersports. Explore Washington's waterways in a canoe, kayak, sailboat, and even cruises
- Bike. There is a world class selection of biking trails from the casual to the challenging.
- The Weatherwax, . A pristine 121 acres of land and lake know as the Weatherwax property was purchaced by the city of Ocean Shores in July 1999. The Weatherwax provides primitive trails where you can enjoy the a beautiful peaceful area.
If your stay in Ocean Shores includes a Sunday, you shouldn't miss the incredible Sunday Morning Brunch at Quinault Resort Casino. Made to order omelets, waffles, carved ham and roast, lg peel and eat shrimp. I would compare this brunch to others I have had at Saltys in Seattle, Sheraton in S.F., and Wild Flower in Whistler BC.
- Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, . Las Vegas style action and a unique opportunity for reflection in one place.
- Discovery Inn Motel, 1031 Discovery Ave SE (Discovery & Mt Olympus Ave SE @ southeast end of peninsula), ☎ +1 360 289-3371, .
- Quality Inn, 773 Ocean Shores Blvd NW (Along beachfront at Ocean Shores Blvd & Shoal St), ☎ +1 360 289-2040 (fax: 289-0627), .
- Shilo Inn, 707 Ocean Shores Blvd NW (Along beachfront at Ocean Shores Blvd & W Chance a la Mer Blvd), ☎ +1 360 289-4600, .
- Days Inn - Ocean Shores, 891 Ocean Shores Blvd NW, Ocean Shores, WA 98569 US, ☎ 1-360-289-9570, . checkin: After 3:00 PM; checkout: Before 11:00 AM.
- Ramada Ocean Shores, 845 Ocean Shores Blvd N.W., Ocean Shores, WA 98569 US (3 Miles South from SR-109), ☎ 1-360-289-7700, . checkin: After 3:00 PM; checkout: Before 12:00 PM.