Nyalam (聂拉木) is a town in Xigatse prefecture near the Nepalese border.
Located on the Friendship Highway.
- Nyalam Pelgyeling Monastery, 10 km north of Nyalam, near the village of Zhonggang (Tibetan name). A monastery built around a cave where the enlightened yogi Milarepa (1040-1123) and his disciple Rechungpa spent many years in meditation. Rebuilt in 1983 with assistance from Nepalese craftsmen.
- Sacred sites. There are several sacred sites and caves associated with Milarapa and other Buddhist yogis in the Lapchi mountain area.
- Trekking. The landscape of the region and the stunning scenery lends itself to trekking.
There is a Bank of China branch located here, but it does not offer ATM or currency exchange service.
Several restaurants are located along the highway.
- Nyalam Binguan and the Snowlands Hotel (Xueyu Luguan) are located across the street from each other.
- Road Worker's Hotel, at crossroads.