Nova Jerusalém is located in the disctrict of Fazenda Nova, city of Brejo da Madre de Deus, state of Pernambuco, Brazil
Nova Jerusalém is located in Fazenda Nova, a district of Brejo da Madre de Deus, in the northeastern state of Pernambuco, in Brazil.
From Recife (reached through Guararapes International Airport), either (i) sign up for an organized tour group to Nova Jerusalém, (ii) rent a car and drive to Brejo da Madre de Deus, or (iii) take a intercity bus to Brejo da Madre de Deus.
From Recife, the main route to Nova Jerusalém goes along the modern BR-232 interstate highway, through the cities of Gravatá and Caruaru. In Caruaru, take BR-104 in the direction of Campina Grande. At the Trevo do Cangaceiro de Pedra crossways, take state highway PE-145, which leads to Nova Jerusalém (22 kilometers).
Alternative routes: (i) BR-408, PE-90 and BR-104 (through Carpina, Surubim and Toritama); (ii) BR-408, PE-95 and BR-104 (through Carpina, Limoeiro, Passira, Riacho das Almas and Caruaru).
Apart from the international airport in Recife, a small local airport can be found in Caruaru.
Recife travel agencies offering packages to Nova Jerusalém:
- Andratur, tel.: (55) (81) 3465-8588
- Caravana Turismo, tel.: (55) (81) 3221-1623
- Luck Viagens, tel.: (55) (81) 3302-6222
- Paixão de Cristo de Nova Jerusalém  , the world's largest Passion of Christ. Staged in a replica of Jerusalem during Jesus' time. Very impressive.
- Monumental Sculpture Park (Parque de Esculturas Nilo Coelho). Gigantic granite figures sculpted by local artisans. Inspired in themes from local cuture and history.
- Vila de Fazenda Nova, typical small village from Northeastern Brazil. Most extras in the Passion of Christ are locals from the village. Public thermal waters.
-- Brejo da Madre de Deus Virtual Tour (by Folha de Sao Paulo) 
- Pedra do Cachorro (Dog Rock): adventure trails through caatinga vegetation. Treking. Climbing. Rapel.
- Pedra da Lua (Moon Rock): prehistorical cave paintings.
- Treking in the Mata Atlântica forest. Sobradinho and Araras waterfalls.
- Forró dance.
- Thematic dinners (Christian/Roman) in the city-theater.
Traditional handicrafts. Sculptures in granite. Objects made with straw. Very fine "Renascença" lace ana embroidery.
- Local gastronomy includes dishes made from goat meat and macaxeira (also know as manioc or yucca).
- Desserts include cocada (coconut-based sweet), cakes, sequilhos.
- Carrot-based liquor and cocktails.
- Pousada da Paixão, Teatro de Nova Jerusalém, tel.: (55) (81) 3732-1602, .
- Grande Hotel Fazenda Nova, tel.: (55) (81) 3732-1137
- Parque Hotel Fazenda Nova, tel.: (55) (81) 3732-1119
- Other options in Caruaru and Recife.
The municipal seat of Brejo da Madre de Deus is located 20 km away. Historic and archeological museum, colonial buildings, typical Northeastern street market, Serra da Prata Lookout (1,000 meters above sea level).