North Reading is a town in the southern part of the Merrimack Valley region of Northeast Massachusetts.
The area was first settled in 1651 when the town of Reading received a special land grant north of the Ipswich River. It was officially incorporated as the separate town of North Reading in 1853.
By car, the town is easily accessed from Interstate 93 by Exit #39 at Concord Street or Exit #40 at Route 62 or from Interstate 95/Route 128 by Exit #40.
The MBTA Haverhill Line stops at Reading or Andover stations, to the south or north of town respectively.
The North Reading Historical Society maintains a number of buildings in town that are publicly accessible at various times.
- Ipswich River Park, . The town's central facility for recreation and youth athletics. Features a playground, tennis courts, skate park, running path, basketball court, picnic areas, horseshoe pits, etc. edit
- Harold Parker State Forest, . A 3,000 acre protected forest with hiking trails, swimming areas, etc. edit
- Alantra Spa, 21 Main St, Suite 1A, North Reading MA, 01864, ☎ 978-276-3400, . New Age, state of the art wellness center/spa edit
- Ryer's Store, 162 Park St, ☎ (978) 664-2183. Small store at the town center carries deli, ice cream, sundries, beer, etc. Lunch counter. edit
- Alantra Spa, 21 Main St, Suite 1A, North Reading, MA 01864, ☎ 978-276-3400, . New Age, state of the art wellness center/spa edit
- China Cuisine, 235 Main Street, ☎ 978-276-1888, . Quality Chinese and Japanese cuisine. edit
- Horseshoe Grille, 226 Main Street, ☎ 978-664-3591, . Dining room and bar/lounge offer a variety of entrées and feature on-site smoked barbecue. Outdoor patio open in the summer. edit
- Kitty's Restaurant, 123 Main Street, ☎ 978-664-4541, . Value priced Italian food, lounge, entertainment. edit
- Mario's Ristorante, 20G Main Street, ☎ 978-664-8533, . Authentic Italian entrées and pizza. edit
- Lorraine Park Campground, . Located within the Harold Parker State Forest, this seasonal campground offers sites for tenst and recreational vehicles. edit
- Reading-North Reading Chamber of Commerce, . Information about area businesses. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!