North Algona Wilberforce is a community in Renfrew County.
North Algona Wilberforce is a township located in Renfrew County. In the wintertime it attracts many snowmobilers, cross county skiers and ice fishers. In the summer time it turns into cottage country with many lakes for canoeing, kayaking and fishing. It is a great point to launch out and take day trips out to white water rafting, explore the Bonnechere caves or visit Algonquin Park. Some of the main communities are Deacon, Golden Lake and Rankin.
By bus There is a Greyhound bus that leaves Ottawa to Pembroke (5609); from there, take the (5783) which passes through many communities in North Algona Wilberforce.
- A.G. Villeneuve, 11168 Hwy 60 Golden Lake, Ontario, ☎ +1 613 625-1313, . Well reviewed and famous local artist. His showcase "'thirty days in july' revealed a summer in Algonquin Park with brilliant colour. Best to look up when his current exhibitions are showing or phone in advance for an appointment. edit
- Whitetail Golf Club, 7113 Hwy 60, ☎ +1 613 628-3774, . Very good rates with many specials for different days of the week. $28.00-$51. edit
- Logos Land, 15906 highway 17, ☎ +1 613 646-9765, . Quite a lot of activities to do here with the water park probably being the highlight. edit
- Top Of The Mountain Tours, Hwy 60 Madawaska ON, ☎ +1 613 637-1122, . Great way to explore the many ATV trails in the area. edit
- Owl Rafting, 40 Owl Lane Foresters Falls, ☎ +1 613 646-2263, . A great trip down the white water rapids is a whole day adventure. Which includes a lunch/dinner and commences with a video of the day. $115-$135. edit
- Frontier Trails Kids Camp, 10545 Hwy 60, ☎ +1 613 625-2416, . A good place to drop the kids off for the week. It has many different programs such as an adventure option with white water rafting and paintball and other options such as music, horsemanship and more traditional camp activities. $539-719 a week. edit
- Algonquin Way Cultural Centre, 1674 Mishomis Inamo, Pikwakanagan, ☎ +1 613 625-1958, . Mon-Fri 10AM-4PM. Many exhibits and educational programming including canoe building, craft work, traditional algonquin dancers, drum socials and other activities. edit
- EXPO 150 Spring Festival celebrated on June 9-12. Some of the highlights include a BMX stunt show, idol competition, live bands, fiddling and step dancing and a kayaking demo. Free admission.
- Aboriginal Day This is celebrated at the Algonquin Trading Post in Golden Lake on June 21, where they have music and a pot luck made up of traditional aboriginal foods.
- Algonquins of Pikwakanagan Traditional Pow Wow; Occurs on the third weekend of August at the Algonquins of Pikwakanagan territory. It is a 2 day celebration with crafts, dance, food and traditional drumming.
- Algonquin Trading Post, 13162B Hwy 60 Golden Lake, ☎ +1 613 625-9977, . This little shop has authentic native arts and crafts as well as medicine and books. Outside there is a tipi and fire pit worth a visit. edit
- Golden Lake Chinese Restaurant, ☎ +1 613 625-2366, . A great option to take the family for something unique in the area. They have take out and an all you can eat buffet on Saturday and Sundays. edit
- Bert's Crepes, 144 McNee Drive (Across the street from GreyStone Manor), . Reopens in May 2011 for the summer season. Bert started the business in 2010 in a partnership with the Canadian youth business foundation. He serves a variety of freshly made crepes with options of many fruits, cheese and whipped cream. edit
- Sands on Golden Lake, 13163 Highway 60, ☎ +1 613 625-2525, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11AM. Very nice place with both indivdual cottages for up to 6 people and single rooms with queen size mattress. Rates differ from peak to high season. $82-$325. edit
- GreyStone on Golden Lake, 144 McNee Drive (Approx. 1.5 hr from Ottawa), ☎ +1 613 625-2999, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 12am. Greystone has some nice luxury accommodations with choices of staying in the main bed and breakfast suites or in one of the fully-equipped themed cottages. They also have kayaks, canoes, volleyball court, play park with a miniature town and swimming pool. edit
- Red Pine Camp, 618 Island View Drive, Golden Lake, ☎ +1 613 625-2355, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 4PM. Unique camp focused on family activities and entertainment. Rates include meals and are based upon weekly stays. $45-470. edit