Nome  is a city in the Arctic region of Alaska. It is a town of about 4000 people, about half of which are Alaska natives. It is the transportation and commerce center for Northwest Alaska
Nome Airport: This is the only way to get into Nome. Nome Airport offers flights to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and many smaller places in Alaska. However, should you be coming from the tiny village of Teller, cars are a viable option.
Bus and Taxi?
- Carrie M. McLain Memorial Museum, (907)443-6630, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Iditarod Sled Dog Race finishes in mid-March in Nome. Iditarod events take place during the whole month.
- The Iron Dog Snomobile Race runs from Wasilla to Nome and back in February. Snomobile races are also held most weekends in winter.
- The world's largest gold pan (18 ft) in Anvil City Park.
- Bering Sea Ice Golf Classic, 3rd Saturday in March. Golf on the frozen Bering Sea.
- Alaska Wilderness Expeditions, (907) 443-7231 (Fax: (907) 443-2573,
e-mail: email@example.com). River kayak touring. 7, 10, and 14-day trips for groups of 4-6 people, from flat water floats up to class III rivers.
- Nome Discovery Tours, 907-443-2814, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Steve's Guide Service, (907) 443-2880 day; (907) 443-7929 evenings. Full or half day fishing trips for 1-5 persons, short evening trips, all tackle and bait provided.
- Jade's Arctic Grizzlies, Phone: (907) 443-2083. The area has one of the largest bear populations in Alaska or, depending on the season, hunt for moose, ptarmigan or caribou. Fishing trips and bird hunting also arranged. Photographer excursions are welcome.
- Sub-Arctic Wilderness Tours, 907-443-4895.
- Nome Discovery Tours, Tel: (907) 443-2814. Pan for gold, historical or tundra tours, Eskimo village visits or customize.
Native and Russian crafts
- Chukotka-Alaska, 514 Lomen Avenue, 907-443-4128, (fax 907-443-4129).
- Maruskiyas of Nome, 907-443-2955, (fax 907-443-2467 email: email@example.com).
- Milano's, Front Street. edit
- Subway, 135 East Front Street. edit
- Airport Pizza, 406 Bering Street. edit
- Polar Café, 205 West Front Street, 907-443-2661.
- Breakers Bar, 243 West Front Street, 907-443-2531.
- Gold Dust Lounge, 315 West Front Street, 907-443-2323 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Polaris Hotel, 202 Bering Street, 907-443-2000, 1-866-443-5778, (email@example.com). 35 rooms.
- Aurora Inn, 302 E. Front Street, 907-443-3838, toll free: 1-800-354-4606 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). 68 units.
- Nugget Inn, 315 West Front Street, 907-443-2323, toll free: 1-877-443-2323 (fax: 907-443-5966, email: email@example.com). 42 rooms.
- Trails End - Apartments by the Day, 308 West First Street, 907-443-3600, 1-866-443-3600. 2 units.
- Bed For A Night, 707 E 4th Ave., 907-443-3841 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). $90 and up.
- Bering Sea Bed & Breakfast, 1103 E. 5th Ave., (907) 443-2936 (email: email@example.com).
- Mai's Guest House, 443-4113.
- Sweet Dreams B and B, 443-2919.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!