Nioumachoua is the second-largest town in Moheli.
- Whale watching from July to October
- Coral reefs and inhabited isles
- Fishing on the reef with local fishermen
- Livingstone bats (giant fruit eating bats endemic on Moheli)
- Boating, sailing, canoes and kayaks, bikes
- Hiking in coastal and primary rain forest
- Civets (small wild leopard type cats)
- Bird Watching (endemic species!)
- Traditional villages
- Local artisanat (carpets from sisal, potteries, embroideries)
Visit the website of the House of Eco-tourism of Moheli on:
- Baobab. A local restaurant.
- Moheli Laka Lodge*** http//:www.lakalodge.com, Nioumachoua (30km from the airport), ☎ +269 7726038 (land line) (, email@example.com, fax: +421220812027), . checkin: 10am; checkout: 2pm. Restaurant, "Whale bar" and three beaches. Serves delicious food and lies on the most beautiful site of Moheli facing the inhabitated isles surrounded by coral reef. Family and Child friendly. All hiking and boating services available (whale watching from July to end of October, fishing, coral reef snorkeling, waterfalls of Meringoni, Livingstone Bat reserve, ponding by Giant Green Sea Turtle at night, hiking in coastal and primary forest, canoes, cayaks, bikes, ping-pong, badminton, beach volleyball, etc. NEW: WIFI available NEW: Scuba Diving from August until end October. Ask for Richard, manager. Prices from 60euros per person in full board all taxes included; children from 3 to 11 years at 30euros/child in full board. Restaurant from 3.00 euros for starters and 8.00 euros for main dishes..