Ngapali Beach is in Rakhine State, Western Myanmar.
You can reached by land or plane. Three local air line(Air Mandalay, Air Bagan and Yangon Airways) provide air services to Thandwe about four miles from Ngapali beach. 16 hours drive with air con buse or normal express car.
Ngapali is prime choice for beach lovers dream about ; quite , white sand , the quiet rural surroundings, Rakhine ways of life, local fishing style, etc...
It's a beach -- you can relax under a palm tree and go swimming occasionally. Water is very clear and the white sand on the beach won't disappoint either. The beach looks west, meaning that there will be not so much of sun in the morning but a beautiful sunset in the evening.
A common half-a-day trip offered by most resorts and shops along the main road includes fishing, snorkeling and a visit to a nearby island. Some places try to charge you up to 35,000 kyat, but when booked directly from the boat driver (or some of the restaurants) it is 20,000 kyat per boat.
There are two places on the main road for motorbike renting. Bicycles can be rented almost everywhere. The fisherman village of Lon Tha, a couple of kilometers south of the resorts, is worth seeing.
Try to buy coconut carving doll to encourage local people.
Ngapali beach offers the best seafood cuisine in Myanmar. Almost all the restaurants are seafood restaurants, but they also serve other basic Burmese, Thai and Chinese dishes. Resorts often have some Western titles in their menus.
On the beach-side of the main road are the resorts' restaurants and on the other side you will find somewhat cheaper local restaurants. Prices are affordable, even in the resorts.
Paradise Seafood restaurant is a nice one, close to the Bay view restaurant. Nice, fresh fish and sea food. good cocktails afterwards. Very friendly owner, stay until after closing and he will bring you home on his motorbike. also rents motorbikes and arrange boat trips. Pleasant View Islet BBQ Restaurant, is the best for its location on the small islet. Unique and the only one in Ngapali Beach.
Standard drinks such as Mojitos and Singapore Slings are $4 to $7 in the resorts. Most of them have happy hours at the time of sunset, typically between 5pm and 7pm. Expect half the price during that time.
A large bottle (660 ml) of Myanmar or Tiger beer is 2,000 to 2,500 kyat in local restaurants.
Tap water is not drinkable but a few bottles of purified water often comes as complimentary in the hotels. A large bottle sells for 150 to 300 kyat on the street.
Fresh coconuts are sold on the beach. The seller cuts it open for you.
1. Pleasant View Resort ( The newest one in Ngapali Beach ) Accommodation provide with 14 Two Storey Deluxe Bungalow, 10 Deluxe Bungalows and 2 Family Deluxe Bungalows. All rooms are beach front sea view deluxe room. Address: S-5, North Wing of AungSan Stadium, Mingalar Taung Nyunt Township, Yangon. Ph/Fax:95-1-393086, 095102361, 0973160306 Email: reserve@PVRngapali.com www.PVRngapali.com
2. Amazing Resort Address: Rm(06-05),Bo Myat Htun Tower, Botahtaung Township, Yangon. Ph:95-1-203500
3. Bayview - the beach resort Booking address: i22,PanHlaing Street, Sanchaung Township, Yangon. Ph:95-1-504471, Fax: 95-1-539348  Bayview - the beach resort is a four- star- boutique hotel. It is located on the idyllic Ngapali Beach in Myanmar's Rakhine State - its coastline forms part of the Bay of Bengal. The resorts' 45 deluxe bungalows and rooms including 2 suites are all situated either directly at the beach or in a beautiful exotic garden under countless palm trees. Enjoy the Sunset Bar and the restaurant the Catch, offering fine dining, serving exquisite international and Pan-Asian cuisine and also the freshest fish and seafood accompanied by a large variety of carefully chosen wines.
4. Amata Resort Address: Corner of West Race Course Rd & Sayasan Road, Yankin Township, Yangon. Ph: 95-1-542535, 95-1-544736,95-1-559292
5. Silver Beach Hotel Address: S-8, North Wing of Aung San Stadium, Mingalar Taung Nyunt Township, Yangon.
6. Royal Beach Hotel Address: 201, Bo Myat Htun Street, Botahtaung Township, Yangon. Ph:95-1-294612,95-1-200883