Newport News is a city in Virginia.
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (IATA: PHF), 900 Bland Blvd., Phone: (757) 877-0221, .
- Norfolk International Airport (IATA: ORF), 2200 Norview Avenue. About 20-25 miles to the southeast with more discount flights (including Southwest Air). Phone: 757-857-3351, .
- Amtrak There are generally at least two trains a day in each direction between Newport News and Boston, stopping at all major points along Amtrak's Northeast Corridor. The trip to Washington, DC is four hours and 20 minutes. 
- Interstate 64 eastbound will take you straight into Newport NewsNewport News. It intersects Interstate 95 in Richmond and Interstate 81 near Staunton.
- HRT - Hampton Roads Transit provides local bus routes, as well as express buses across the tunnels to the southside of the Hampton Roads area.
- Main Roads - Jefferson Avenue and Warwick Boulevard are the two main north/south routes through the city. All directions lead you down one of these streets.
- Virginia Living Museum, 524 J. Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News, VA 23601, ☎ 757-595-1900, . Summer: Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Winter: Monday - Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday: 12 noon to 5 p.m.. The museum's living exhibits and hands-on experiences engage groups of all ages. Outdoors, groups can stroll the elevated boardwalk to view coastal birds, beavers and other animals in naturalized habitats, plus native plant gardens. Adult: $15.00, Child 3-12: $12.00. edit
- The Mariners' Museum, 100 Museum Drive Newport News, VA 23606, ☎ (757) 596-2222, . Daily (Monday – Saturday): 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.; Sunday 11 AM to 5 P.M.. One of the largest and most comprehensive maritime history museums in the world, this museum is the home of the USS Monitor Center. $12.50 Adults; $12.50 Adults; Free for children 5 and under. edit
- Peninsula Fine Arts Center, 101 Museum Drive Newport News, VA 23606 (The Center is located at 101 Museum Drive in Newport News, Virginia, directly across from The Mariners' Museum within Mariners' Museum Park. To reach Pfac, take I-64 Exit 258 A onto J. Clyde Morris Blvd. South, proceed 2.5 miles through Warwick Blvd. intersection, and turn left onto Museum Drive.), ☎ (757) 596-8175, . Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am-5 pm; Sunday 1-5 pm. Explore the arts at the Peninsula Fine Arts Center (Pfac) with an ever-changing array of exhibitions, programs, events and studio classes. Adults: $7.50; Children ages 6-12: 4.00; Children under 6: Free. edit
- Virginia War Museum, 9285 Warwick Blvd, ☎ (757) 247-8523, . The museum has exhibits on American military history from 1775 to the present day. edit
- Hilton Village - Hilton Village is recognized as the United States' first Federal war-housing project, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There are dozens of shops and cafes in Hilton, so do go and spend the afternoon in this quaint neighborhood.
- Newport News Park - One of the largest municipal parks in the country, this 8,000 acre park is home to a variety of native wildlife, including deer, foxes, otter, raccoon and beaver. Miles of walking and biking trails wander through woods, swamps and meadows. Rowboats, paddleboats and canoes are available for rent, and there are over 180 campsites available for reservation.
- Patrick Henry Mall, 12300 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, Virginia 23602, ☎ (757) 249-4305, . Mon – Sat: 10am – 9pm; Sun: 12 noon – 6pm. Dozens of stores await you in the only fully-enclosed mall on the peninsula. edit
- City Center at Oyster Point, 701 Town Center Drive, ☎ (757) 873-2020, . A business and entertainment complex in Oyster Point with numerous shops, restaurants, and a large cinema. edit
- Port Warwick, Loftis Boulevard at Jefferson Avenue, . Shopping, dining, living in a small, village-like community. edit
- The Crabshack Seafood Restaurant: On the James River, 7601 River Road, Newport News, Virginia 23607 (Take Mercury Blvd. south, and turn right at the last stop light before the James River Bridge. It's on the left side of the park near the beach.), ☎ (757) 245-CRAB, . Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 11:30PM; Fri-Sat: 11am to 12:30AM. During the Spring and Summer, eat out on the covered patio and enjoy the views of the James River. edit
- Vinny's Pizza & Pasta, 748 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News VA, ☎ (757) 594-3354. You have to peruse the pizza case before you sit down and order, otherwise you'll never believe half of what's on the menu. Baked ziti pizza? Cheesesteak pizza? This place is good, authentic Italian food housed in an old Hawaiian-style Pizza Hut building! edit
- Das Waldcafe, 12529 Warwick Blvd, ☎ (757) 930-1781. Authentic German food. edit
- The Weekend Pub, 13361 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA, 23602, ☎ (757) 988-0506. Located on Warwick Boulevard near Pep Boys, the pub is a great place to throw down a few pints. They have an expansive selection of imported beers from around the world. Ask about their t-shirt competition. edit
- Kiln Creek Golf Club and Resort ., 1003 Brick Kiln Blvd., 1.888.828.6745, Kiln Creek is located exactly in the middle of the lush countryside, in an ideal, tranquil location that is both beautiful and convenient. features an all-inclusive resort facility, including the beautifully remodeled Inn, restaurant, day spa, and championship golf course rated one of the top 100 new courses.
- Best Western Newport News Inn & Suites, 500 Operations Drive, ☎ +1 757 952-1182 (toll free: +1 866 833-2378, fax: +1 757 952-1183), . edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 16890 Warwick Blvd., Suite B, ☎ +1 757 887-3300, . edit
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 943 J. Clyde Morris Blvd., ☎ +1 757 596-6417, . edit
- Marriott Newport News at City Center, 740 Town Center Drive, ☎ +1 757 873-9299 (fax: +1 757 873-9298), . edit
- Motel 6, 797 J Clyde Morris Boulevard, ☎ +1 757 595-6336 (fax: +1 757 595-8124), . edit
- Newport News Microtel Inn, 501 Operations Drive, ☎ +1 757 249-8355 (fax: +1 757 249-8874), . edit
- Comfort Suites Airport - Newport News, 12570 Jefferson Ave (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), ☎ 757-947-1333, . Located off Interstate 64 (at Exit 255 B) The hotel is on the right directly behind Red Lobster and Olive Garden. edit
- Omni Newport News Hotel, 1000 Omni Boulevard, ☎ +1 (757) 873-6664, . edit
|Routes through Newport News