New Ulm  is a prosperous small city in Southern Minnesota. It is the seat of Brown County, and had population of 13,132 at the 1990 census. The people of New Ulm are very proud of their German heritage, and commemorate it year round with parades, parties, and holiday celebrations.
New Ulm is located at the intersection of US Route 14 and Minnesota State Highway 15.
Contact or visit the New Ulm Visitor Center for advice, maps, and directions about town. The Visitor Center is located at 1 North Minnesota Street in New Ulm. The telephone number is 888-463-9856. URL: http://www.newulm.com/index.html
- August Schell Brewing Company - Brewery Tours, 1860 Schell Road, ☎ 800-770-5020 ([email protected], fax: 507-359-9119), . call for hours. $2.00 per person (under 12 free). edit
Home of the Brown County Historical Society, in New Ulm
- Brown County Historical Society, 2 North Broadway Street, ☎ 507-233-2616 ([email protected], fax: 507-354-1068), . Mon-Fri: 9am-4pm, Sat: 1pm-5pm. $3.00 for adults, students and members free. edit
- Martin Luther College, 1995 Luther Court, ☎ 507-354-8221 (fax: 507-354-8224), . edit
- Festivals - there are a number of additional events, but these are the four most popular, as reported by the New Ulm Chamber of Commerce:
- Oktoberfest - this is an observance of the traditional German holiday. Activities include public entertainment, music, beer tasting, German food and horse drawn trolleys.
- Bavarian Blast - this is another German-themed party in the downtown area. It is centered around German Park and George's Ballroom.
- Bockfest - hosted by August Schell Brewing Company, this is a winter festival with (what else) a German beer theme.
- Fasching - this festival features German food, beverages, music, and craft activities.
- Sightseeing - the Chamber of Commerce has a Visitor Center that can set you up with maps, an itinerary, or even a guided tour.
- Dining - see below
- Explore History - New Ulm has preserved its history and the story of the immigrants who founded the town. You can explore preserved buildings, documents, and artifacts all over town. Check with the Brown County Historical Societ to get started.
- Flandrau State Park, . edit
- Just passing through? Stay at one of our clean, well-kept hotels and visit again soon!
New Ulm has the full range of shopping options, including "big-box," regional, boutique, and souvenir shopping. Browse the charming and quaint midwestern downtown or cruise the commercial streets and you'll find what you're looking for.
- Perkins Restaurant and Bakery, 1727 South Broadway Street, ☎ 507-354-6688. edit
- Applebees Neighborhood Grill, 410 20th Street South, ☎ 507-359-2775. edit
- Burger King, 1922 South Broadway Street, ☎ 507-354-1268. edit
- Carl's Corner, 100 Center Street, ☎ 507-354-4241. edit
- Dairy Queen, 1501 North Broadway Street, ☎ 507-359-9229. edit
- Otto's Feierhaus & Bierstube, 2101 South Broadway Street, ☎ 507-359-5300. edit
- Pioneer College Caterers Inc., 1995 Luther Court, ☎ 507-354-2001. edit
- Taco Bell, 707 North Minnesota Street, ☎ 507-354-2421. edit
- * Cornerstone Coffee, 213 South Minnesota Street, ☎ 507-354-5552. edit
- Domino's Pizza, 315 North Minnesota Street, ☎ 507-359-7711. edit
- George's Fine Steaks & Spirits, 301 North Minnesota Street, ☎ 507-354-7440. edit
- Godfather's Pizza, 1627 South Broadway Street, ☎ 507-354-4863. edit
- Kaiserhoff, 221 North Minnesota Street, ☎ 507-359-2071. edit
- Papa Murphy's Take & Bake, 1612 South Broadway Street, ☎ 507-359-3939. edit
- Plaza Garibaldi, 1707 North Broadway Street, ☎ 507-359-7073. edit
- Holiday Inn New Ulm, 2102 S. Broadway, ☎ 877-276-1817. edit
- Microtel Inn & Suites New Ulm, 424 20th South Street. checkin: 2pm; checkout: 11am. edit
- Super 8 Motel, 1901 South Broadway. checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. edit
WikiPedia:New Ulm, Minnesota