New London  is a small town in the Dartmouth Lake Sunapee region of New Hampshire.
Most people come to New London by car. There is no airport in New London, but you can reach it by bus by taking the Concord Trailways buses.
Most of your travel within New London will either be by foot or by car. There is no public transportation system to get around town but public parking is free and you can walk to just about everything in town.
- One of the best times to visit New London is the fall. This town is popular this time of year for the vivid foliage. The best month to visit is October because that's when the most amount of foliage will be out. To view the foliage you can either simply take a stroll down Main Street, or take a hike up Kearsarge Mountain to view the yellow, red, and orange leaves.
- Philbrick-Cricenti Bog, (along Newport Road across from Murray Pond), . This bog offers an interpretive boardwalk and several loops through an interesting natural environment. Stay on the boardwalks as the peat is up to twenty feet deep and has entombed cows, deer, and even a horse. edit
- The New London Barn Playhouse, 84 Main Street (right after Newport Road becomes Main Street (after the sharp right hand turn in the road) the playhouse will be coming up on your right), ☎ +1-603-526-6710 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The Barn Playhouse is the oldest operating summer playhouse in NH. The Barn was built in 1820 and began being used as a playhouse around 1933. They show a different play every couple of weeks and they are always packed so get your tickets early! edit
- Morae Jewelers. 428 Main Street.+1-603-526-2029.Website: http://www.moraejewelers.com/ Morae has a good variety of jewelery so there is something to suite anyone's taste. They have earring, necklaces, bracelets and Pandora charms. All in different colors of gems, metals and styles. That being said they are pricey, so go there expecting to either just look, or spend a lot. Prices range from $25- over $500.
- The Lemon Twist. 406 Main Street. +1-603-526-2555. Website: http://www.lemontwist.com/ The Lemon Twist/Lemon Drop is a woman's and children clothing store. They also sell Vera Bradley and other accessories. They have some cute stuff but tend to attract an older crowd and can be expensive. Prices range from $20- over $200.
- OMG! Boutique. 394 Main Street. +1-603-526-8333. OMG is fairly new and is one-of-a-kind in this area. It has great variety so if you are looking for a gift, souvenir, or just want some fun shopping this is a good store. But like most of the shopping in New London (if you haven't noticed the trend) it can be expensive with prices ranging from $10-over $100.
- Peter Christian's Tavern, 195 Main Street, ☎ +1-603-526-4042, . daily 11:30AM to 9PM or 10PM. An excellent little pub in the New London downtown that features delicious sandwiches, soups and salads, with EVERYTHING made from scratch. The atmosphere is reminiscent of many small-town New England pubs, prices are reasonable, and service is friendly and attentive. $5-$15 per item. edit
- Nonni's Italian Eatery, 225 Newport Road, ☎ +1-603-526-2265, . Tu-Th 4PM-9PM, F-Sa 4PM-10PM, Su 4PM-8PM. Authentic tasting Italian Food. New London doesn't have a very large selection of restaurants but Nonni's is one of the best in town. Some of their entrees are a little expensive but it's definitely possible to eat there and not break the bank. One recommendation would be the Maplewood Chicken Pizza, $15.99. $5-$12 appetizers, $10-$28 entrees. edit
- Pizza Chef, 131 Main Street, ☎ 603-526-9201. Great Pizza. Great Price. edit
- Flying Goose Brew Pub & Grill, 40 Andover Road (heading out of New London going south, towards Sutton, you will come to a big four way intersection and the Flying Goose is right on the intersection to your left), ☎ +1-603-526-6899. daily 11:30AM-9PM. $4-$7 draft/bottle beers. edit Flying Goose is a restaurant and pub but don't go here for the food. The service is really slow and the food isn't great for the price you pay. However, they have a great selection of local brews that will satisfy any kind of beer drinker and a good atmosphere.
- New London Inn, 353 Main Street (Traveling north on Main Street the New London Inn will be on your left, facing the road. If you go past the town green then you have gone too far and the Inn is just before the green), ☎ +1-603-526-2791 (email@example.com), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. The New London Inn was built in 1782 and it's a big hit with tourists, especially in the summer time. It's very charming if you like history and it's in a central location right in the heart of New London. $129-$225 per night. edit
|Routes through New London