Nashik (Marathi: नाशिक)  is a city in the state of Maharashtra in Western India. This is an ancient holy city. Some archaeological sites state early human settling evidence from at least five years. It is a city of pilgrimage for many Hindus.
The place is important for Hindu rituals for the afterlife offerings. It is also one of the four locations of the Kumbha Mela festival.
Nashik is one of the world's holiest Hindu cities. Kumbhmela is held here once in 12 years along with four other cities in India. Lord Rama along with Lakshmana and Sita spent 14 years of his exile at Tapovan near Nashik. The city came under the rule of Mughal in 16th century and was renamed Gulshanabad. Then it comes under Peshwa of Maratha Empire in 1818. City is also noted for its participation in freedom struggle. Freedom fighters like Veer Savarkar and Anant Laxman Kanhere were born in Nashik.
The name of the Nashik has been changing since long time as per different rulers. It is believed the name "Nashik" was derived after the incident in Ramayana when Lakshman (Sri Ram's brother) chopped off the nose of Surpanakha (Ravan's sister). One school of thoughts states that Nashik is combination of nava shikha - nine summits. It was also named as Gulshnabad by Muslim rulers which was never adopted by the residents.
Cultural and Social
Nashik is also known in India as a landing city for travelling to Shirdi and Trambakeshwar which hosts one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva.
It is believed that during ancient times, during transportation, the drops of Amrit fell into the Brahma-Kund at Trambakeshwar. This makes it one of the most popular religious travel destinations of India.
Nashik is also known as a transit station for devotees going to Shirdi, residence of Sai Baba (90 Kilometres from Nashik).
Marathi is the official language of the city. This is the most common language spoken on the streets, but Hindi is widely understood and spoken and English is understood by many people. Spoken Marathi has many dialects and you may find it difficult sometimes.
Art and Literature
Nashik is known for it's contribution to art and literature. Nashik has one of the biggest public libraries.
- Movies Shri Dadasaheb Phalke - the founder of the Indian Film industry comes from Nashik. He started movie making in India with the on mythological character “Raja Harishchandra” in 1913. This was the first movie in India. He made 95 movies and 26 short films in the span of 19 years, till 1932 in Nashik.
- Music Pt. Vishnu Digambar Paluskar was from Nashik, wrote books on classical Indian music. He reinvented notation system suitable to Indian classical music. He also composed notations for the national anthem of India. Another famous patriotic song “Sare Jahanse Achha” is also composed by him.
- Literature -
- Mr V V Shirwadkar alias “Kusumagraj” in a career spanning five decades starting in pre-independence era, he wrote 16 volumes of poems, three novels, eight volumes of short stories, seven volumes of essays, 18 plays and six one-act plays.
- Vasant Kanetkar was a stage drama writer in Marathi language. He wrote 40 three-act plays, all of which were performed on the professional stage. Many of his plays became high commercial successes. He has been credited with rejuvenating the Marathi theater when it was in decline, the age of Sangeet Natak --stage musicals—having had come to an end.
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar re-wrote Indian history from a patriotic point of view. His works are in Marathi language, Saha Soneri Pane (Six golden pages in the History of Hindu Nation) - explaining six Indian empires and their extent. He wrote two books in English named "Hindutwa" and "Hindupadapadshahi" on the history of Marathas. Two of his poems famous are Sagara Pran Talamalala and Jayostute sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
The climate of Nashik is very pleasant. Nashik has three distinct seasons: summer, monsoon and winter. Summers are typically hot with maximum temperatures ranging from 35 to 42°C. The warmest month in Nashik is generally April as compared to the rest of the Deccan Plateau where it is May. November is normally a very pleasant month.
Nashik does not get very hot. Even during the peak of summer, the air is cool and standing under a tree can give respite form the heat. However, as sunlight can be intense leading to skin tan and sun-burn, be sure to carry and use sunscreens (above SPF-30).
The nights in Nashik are significantly cooler than most other parts in this region owing to its high altitude.
The average rainfall is approx 550 mm. The city often receives local and heavy thundershowers with heavy downpours in June, which brings down the temperature. The rainy season can sometimes be gloomy, with cloud cover for days together.
Winters are generally dry and day temperatures can be as low as 24 - 28°C and temperatures at night as low as 5 - 8°C.
Nashik is 180 Kilometres from Mumbai (Bombay). There are frequent buses to Nashik from Dadar in Mumbai. It takes 4 to 5 hours by road. If you are not around Dadar, you can still take buses from Borivali (a key place on Western Railway Line) OR Thane (a key place on Central Railway Line). Also, a suburban railway (CR) to Kasara can be taken from few suburban railway stations beyond Dadar (like Kurla, Thane or even beyond). Once at Kasara, there are loads of connecting buses to Nashik and many other places, along with ample number of share-taxis (INR 50-60 per adult passenger, but with cramped sitting). (Kindly note there is no taxi service available in the late night. You can get held up after reaching Kasara Railway Station till the next morning)
Trains called 'Panchavati Express' and 'Godavari Express' also ply daily between Mumbai and Nashik. Word of caution, Nashik is on Central Railway line and Dadar Station is a sort of junction place for Central Railway and Western Railway, so make sure that you are at right side of the station (that is, East-side for Central Railway). There is also a daily train service between Pune and Nashik. It may be noted that the Railway Station (called "Nasik Road") is about 10 Kilometres away from the main city. However, there are sufficiently frequent services of buses, auto-rickshaws, shared-taxis etc are available at fairly low fares.
You can also go by local from kasara.
This service may not be operating.
As per recent newspaper reports (Oct. 2015), Ozar airport has been put on airservice map and commercial services may start again.220.127.116.11 07:25, 21 November 2015 (EST)Pre
A rented car is the best option to move around the city. There is also a Nashik Darshan bus every day which shows you around the important tourist attractions in Nashik otherwise regional public transport service is also quite nice. Get the ticket for Nashik Darshan bus a day in advance to avoid inconvenience. Alternately you can take cheap and good auto rikshaws.
- taxiGUIDE.in (Nashik Car Rental), ☎ +91 888 023 4455 (email@example.com), . Inquiry: 7am to 11pm. Nashik Car Rental services on taxiGUIDE.in - a Chauffeur Driven Car Rental service in 75 Cities in India. Fares start from Rs.1300 for full day local & Rs.8.75/km for Outstation. edit
- Clear Car Rental Pvt Ltd (Nashik Car Rental), ☎ +91 888 885 5220 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Nashik Car Rental services in nashik Clear Car Rental Pvt Ltd a Chauffeur Driven Car Rental service in 210+ Cities in India. edit
- Rent N Ride (Nashik Car Rentals), ☎ +91 84 0808 3131 (email@example.com), . Inquiry: 7am to 11pm. Rent N Ride Car Rentals - a Chauffeur Driven Car Rental service From Nashik Cities in India. Fares start from Rs.1300 for full day local & Rs.8.75/km for Outstation. edit
- Aadesh Cabs (Taxi services provider), ☎ +91-7387236555 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Inquiry: 6am to 11pm. Best Deals on Taxi Services offering Best Tour Packages. edit
- Sita Gufaa - Caves where Lord Ram and Sita worshipped Lord Shiva during their exile. The shivlinga is still present at that same spot. It is believed that Ravana kidnapped Sita from this place.
- Tapovan - Tapobhumi, Shurpanakha's nose fell here, Tasty Guavas, try them out.
- Panchavati - The most sacred place on Earth.The place where five sacred Banyan trees are still present. All important temples are located in this area.
- Kalaram Temple - An important temple and landmark in panchavati area.
- Ganga Ghat - Ramkunda, Panchavati
- Mineral Museum (Gargoti Sangrahalaya) - Sinnar , Nashik . It is a private museum located in MIDC Sinnar. You need to get an auto from Sinnar bus station to get there. It is a 2 storied museum with very precious and different types of mineral stones for display. There is a shop attached where one can buy mementos.
- Pandav Leni - Pandav Caves. located on Nashik- Mumbai highway near Pathardi phata.
- Phalke Smaarak - Excellent views, landscape, musical fountain, video songs, Buddha smaarak, water park. located on foot of Pandav Caves hill. A reliable place where most of the people in nasik spend their weekend evenings.
- Jain Mandir - has a 12 ton Panchdhatu idol of Bhagwan Mahavir. located at Vilholi on Nashik- Mumbai highway.
- Veda Mandir - located on Trimbak road.
- Chambhar Leni - Temple of Bhagwan Mahavir on a hillock inside a cave. Located on Dindori Road.
- Muktidham - big temple, picnic spot located at Nashik Road
- Bhaktidham - a temple. located on Peth Naka
- Someshwar - temples, picnic spot, boating , waterfall. located on Gangapur road.
- Sundarnarayan Temple
- College Road - happening place in Nasik. Malls, Restaurants, Shopping, Multiplex, Bliss Juice Bar, McDonald's, Cafe Coffee Day.
- Sula Wines - Winery offers tour and wine tasting
- Navshya Ganpati - A temple situated on banks of Godavari River, very scenic views
- Deolali Camp Cantonment Board, Artillery centre - Deolali camp's, Lahawit market is for shopping, Deolali South has Khandoba temple hill, golf course, sun rise & set point as well.
- Tarangan , Trimbak Road . This planetarium is named after late shri Yashwantrao Chavan and was recently inaugurated by President Mrs Pratibha Patil. Daily 3 shows are conducted 13.30 in English, 15.30 in Hindi and 17.30 in Marathi.
- Visit Goda Ghat(Godavari river edge).
- Trek in hills near to Nashik .
- The Gangapur Dam - always crowded with youngsters.
- The Dudhsagar Fall - near Gangapur Dam.
- Stone Age Site - few km from Gangapur village.
- Anjaneri Parvat near Trambakeshwar is well known for waterfalls during monsoon season.
- Bird Sanctuary Nandur-Madhmeshwar near Niphad - a mesmerizing place for nature and bird lovers.
- Trambakeshwar (One of the 12 Jyotirlingas), straight ahead on Trimbak road. This is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India and is the most sacred place in Nashik. Near by is also Brahma giri where lord Shiva performed tandav dance.
Nashik is famous for its silverware craftsmanship.
The old shopping centre of the city lies in the heart of the city at Main Road. Here you can get everything you need. A lot of upscale shops have mushroomed all over the city in recent years.
Saraf Bazar is place for silverware and ornaments.
Canada corner is always crowded with college going youngsters.
Mahatma Gandhi Marg is the hot shopping destination.
You'll get brands like Lee Cooper, RBK, Adidas, Woodlands, Van Heusen, Proline, Pepe Jeans, D&G, Levis, Provogue, Biba, Fabindia, Spyker and many more .
- Leeve Dry Fruits (exclusive imported dry fruits, chocolate and spices), Shop No.3, Kaanchwala Avenue, Opp BYK College (Next to US Pizza), ☎ 0253-2232336, . Shop which delivers Indian and imported dry fruits, chocolates and spices. They provide some rare dry fruits which are not available round the year. 10-6000. edit
- Foodzu (dry fruits, healthy foods), 317/A, 8th Block, 8th Cross, Koramangala, Bangalore (Near Koramangala Police Station), ☎ 080 41467198, . Foodzu, an online venture by omkarsoft Pvt Ltd and is scaling rapidly. Foodzu is headquartered in Bangalore. The company's vision is to bring a new revolution in India's already large online community by transforming the mode of shopping from pushing the shopping cart to Foodzu. 10-6000. edit
- Bhinge Bandhoo Fruits and Dry Fruits (Bhinge's Dry fruits), Opp. Old C.B.S., Next to Hotel Rajmahal, Sharanpur road, Nashik-2, ☎ +91 9823996197, . 11.30AM to 9.30PM (closed on tuesday). A preferred shop for Grapes and dry fruits in Nashik. Since 1967, Bhinge Bandhoo or Bhinge Badhu provide the best quality dry fruits and grapes in Nashik. The shop has a very loyal customer base due to product quality and service. (20.000592,73.781872) edit
- Nashik City Centre Mall , Untwadi
- Big Bazaar , College Road , Nashik Road , Untwadi
- SK Mall , College Road
- Pinnacle Mall , Golf Club
- Nashik Central , Trimbak Naka
- Pantaloons , Untwadi
- Westside , Untwadi
- Crosswords , Untwadi
- Reliance Trends , Untwadi
- Reliance Digital , Untwadi
- Reliance Living Home , Untwadi
- Reliance Footprints , Untwadi
And chain stores like Reliance Fresh, Spencer's, Spinach, Subhiksha, more are present all over the city .
- Mayur Alankar, Saraf Bazar , Gangapur Road , Nashik.
- Waman Vishnu Throat, Saraf Bazar, Nashik.
- Mirajkar Jwellers, Saraf Bazar, Trimurti Chowk, Madhli holi Nashik.
- Tanishq Showroom, Samarth Nagar, Nashik.
- Diamond Galaxy - Tanishq, Canada Corner, Nashik
- A K Gems - Agni, Nashik Road
- Significant Moments, Nashik
- Adgaonkar Saraf, Saraf Bazar, Nashik
- Takle Bandhu, Saraf Bazar, Nashik
- Bafna Jewellers, Tilakwadi, Nashik
- P.R. Vaishampayan & Sons working under the brand name Sonchafa.
- Govind Dande & Sons, Nashik Road
- Rajmal Lakhichand Jewllers, Nashik
- Parekh Jewels, College Road, Nashik
- Surana Jewellers, Canada Corner, Nashik.
- Maind Saraf, Saraf Bajar Nashik.
- Chnaya Jewellers Prop. Jitendra Mutha, Mob. 9850046531, Old agra road, pimpalgaon baswant.
- Cinemax, College Road
- Cinemax, City Centre Mall
- Cinemax Regimental, Nashik Road
- Reliance Big Cinemas, Trimurti Chowk,New Nashik (Cidco)
- Fame Multiplex, Nashik Road
- SRS Cinemas, Nashik Road
- Traditional Lanterns (Akashkandil), Maig handicrafts, 2047, Nehru Chowk, Somwap Peth, near sandip cutpiece, Nashik -422001, . Maharashtras only manufacturers of Akashkandil, traditional Indian lanterns, using recycled wood, fabric, jute and paper. Wide range of artist lanterns available all round the year. edit
There are good restaurants all over the city.
Coffee Shops/Cafes on College Road: Bliss Juice Bar , Cafe Bollywood , 12 to 12 , Friendship , Cafe Coffee Day. 12 to 12 is good restaurant for western cuisines.
- The most amazing dining experiences at Nashik are at Emerald Park Hotel. Jharoka serves some amazing Indian food comparable to the best in the country, Dhruva is the roof top barbecue and grill and also has a 24 hour cafe.
- Bliss Juice Bar near Jehan Circle. Serves authentic Juices, 80 types of Coffees and Teas, Milkshakes, Smoothies, Sandwiches, Wraps, Pizzas, Burgers and Desserts among other things.
- Three Sixty Degrees Coffee Shop, Talegaon, Nashik
- Sanskruti,a must try place to know Maratha culture and best place to eat a Maharashtrian Thali served with freshly chulha coked items in a village envoirnment, Rs.150.00 per person in march 2013, approx. 12 kms from Nasik on Trymbak Road
- Nesta Coffee Shop, Mumbai - Agra Road, Nashik
- Thali: Hotel Panchavati Yatri, Hotel Samrat, Purohit, Rajdhani, Chetana dining hall(CBS)
- Traditional Marathi Cuisine: Saheba, Mumbai Naka
- Family Dining: Yahoo and Purohit.
- 24 Hour restaurant : Sukh Sagar in Panchavati Hotel complex, Hotel Samrat CBS
- Chinese : Seble Hotel , Trimbak road, Carnival College Road, 21st century, Sharanpur Road
- If you want to eat something really tasty visit Kokni Darbar for delicious mughlai and North Indian food. The service is also very good.
- One Should not miss the famous Krushnai Vada Pav ( an Indian burger served with chillies) at the Circle Cinema, The Shop located at Ashok Stumbh
- Farmaish Restaurant , College Road
- Spice N Tadka Family Restaurant , Bytco Point.
- Rolls & Keema: Rolls Club - Near Bhosla Military School (towards the end of College Road).
- Bon Appétit Restaurant - Pathardi Phata, Nashik
- Missal: Vihar at Gangapur naka, A tapri near Raviwar Karanja (next to Pethe High School),Tushar on college road, Ambika near Panchvati Karanja, Sham-sundar Satpur MIDC,
- Mama's Pav Bhaaji on College Road is a hot favourite of collegians. Mama's serves piping hot pav bhaaji and all kinds of chaat items.
- Bikaneri Bhujiawalla on College Road.
- Bhagvati's Chat: A famous chat joint near Kulkarni Garden on Sharanpur Road
- Sagar Sweets on College Road and Gangapur Road is famous for sweets, namkeens, packaged food products, chat.
- McDonalds on College Road, located just opposite Big Bazaar serves good burgers and draws a lot of crowd in the evenings.
- Modern Cafe (formerly named as Parth) has good Marathi fare.
- Salim's Tea at the corner of BYK Commerce College is a favourite hang-out of college students.
- Talk of the Town is a good place where you can get yummy Punjabi food.
- Maharashtra Bhaandaar on College Road is your typical "Khau Ghar" offering all kinds of delicious, home-made snacks and sweetmeats, like Laddus, Chivda, Karanji, Shev, Chakli, Farsaan, pickles, sweets and what have you. Lovingly called "Ma. Bhaa" it offers everything you would find traditionally prepared in Marathi kitchens.
- Thunder Point on College Road serves refreshing, delicious juices.
- Kondaaji Chivda is very famous from Nashik.
- Budha Halwai (Near Bhadrakali Temple) - Is legend itself in Nashik. People swear their Srikahnd and Jalebis. In fact, their new product lines like Chivada, Namkin, Samosas are excellent. Few products already been exported and well received by Customers.
- Jalaram Sweets, College Road. Serves amazing chaats along with a range of sweets. One should not miss their Kachori and Khajur/Imli Chutney.
- Goli Vada pav outlet at Sharanpur Road, College Road, Govind Nagar and Indira Nagar(OPP. Raj Sarthi Society.)
- Subway @ college road
- Dominos at college road and Nashik road
- Smokin Joes near RYK college , Bytco Point
- Shoukin bhel at Nehru garden. yummy tasty bhel!
- Vijus Dabeli and sandwhich
- Nandans Pani Puri and other chat on college road.
- Brothers roll near akashwani tower.
- Rim-zim Ice Gola near Nehru Garden
- Little Italy, Sula Vineyards. Authentic Italian food at rates less than their other branches across the country served at Little Italy ad mist the beautiful landscape of Sula Vineyards. edit
- Cafe Express, College Road
- Carnival at College Road serves very good quality Chinese & Indian food.
- Sayantara in Bhadrakali area, behind the fruit market. Famous for soft, tasty Sabudana vada.
- Agrawal Bros K Mithaiwala, 63, Shalimar, Next to IMA (Shalimar Chowk). 8 am to 10 pm. Hot snacks, Sweets, Cold Drinks, Ice-cream. Checkout Our Special Samosa edit
- Tulsa Snacks, Ravivar karanja chowk. Delicious Maharashtrian snacks pohe, upama and sabudana khichadi. edit
- Oriental Xpress, Shop No.3 & 4, Akruti hou. soc, behind Gurudwara, Nasik Road, (opp. J D C Bytco High School), ☎ 9960790272. 12. The Only Authentic Restaurant serving MOMOS, Chinese and Thai food. One of the regular hangouts of foreigners and young couples. There are branches of this restaurant in Nashik Road also. 75. edit
- Mehfil, Yashica Plaza, Govind Nagar, Mumbai Agra road, ☎ 0253 3247555, 9881181636. Fine ingredients, fresh meats, produce, herbs, delicate spices, an outstanding variety of traditional Indian dishes. Dishes are individually prepared mild, medium, spicy or hot. edit
- Yolk, Patil Plaza (Canada Corner, College Road). Only cuisine made up with EGG. All dishes are made with Egg contents. edit
Famous Missal Points
Missal is a hot and tasty curry dish from Maharashtra. Missal literally means 'Mix'. It is served with Pav (Indian name for baked bread). There are lots of variations to the cooking and the way it is served. It is mostly hot in taste.
- Ambica Missal, Panchavati - a distinct taste of Black garam Masala made in a very traditional way.
- Hotel Bhagwati, Panchawati Karanja
- Hotel Sheetal, Old taxi Stand, CBS
- Hotel Shamsunder, B Road, Satpur MIDC
- Hotel Sudarshan, Makhamalabad, Nashik.
- Hotel Tuljai, Opp college, College Road.
- Hotel Tushar, Malaria Stop, College Road.
- Raswanti Missal, Panchavati Karanja
- Shelke Missal, Ravivar Karanja, opp Chandi Ganpati Mandir.
- Maharashtra Hotel, Bytco Point, Nashik Road.
- Hotel Vihar, Near K.V.N.Naik College, Gangapur Naka.
- Nehru Garden, Near Sarda School.
- Om Tea House, Near Bhadrakali Karanja, Bhadrakali.
Ice Cream Parlours
- Cream Zone, College Road
- Razzmatazz, College Road
- Eskimozs Pot Ice Cream, Canada corner
- Dinshaw's, College Road
- Pastongi, MG Road
- Dairy Don, College Road & MG Road
- S K Ice cream Parlour, nashik road
- Sula Wines , Wineyard near Gangapur
- Banjara , Mahatma Nagar (Restaurant Bar)
- 21st century , Near Kulkarni Garden (Pub)
- Tiger hills, Wine tasting & factory outlet, Nashik-Mumbai highway
- Samarth juice centre - Ravivar Karanja
- York Wine, Gangapur Road, ☎ +91 253-2230700. York Winery , an emerging Winery. edit
- MTDC Approved - Mohiniraj Bunglow ... Gangapur, Nashik, Ph. : 09226869287, 09420616105 
- Nasik Home Stay ... Near Taj Residency, 
- Express Inn India Pathardi Phata, Mumbai Agra Road, Nashik,+91 253 2227777, +91 253 6641111, +91 88052 27777, 
- Ginger Hotel Trimbak Road , Nashik ,+91 9270417881, 0253-6616333
- Hotel President Inn Nashik, tel: 0253 - 2360174
- Hotel Panchavati 430, Vakilwadi, Nashik-422001 +91 0253 257 5771(fax: +91 253 257 1823)
- Wasan's Inn Old Agra Road, Nashik-422002 +91 253 257 7881fax: +91 253 257 8711 
- Hotel Panchavati Yatri 430, Vakilwadi (Chandakwadi), Nashik-422002 +91 253 257 2290, +91 253 257 2291,+91 253 257 2292(fax: +91 253 257 2293)
- Sai Ratna Lodging Boarding Siddhi Tower, Paleja Petrol Pump, Malegaon, Panchavati Karanja, Nashik-422003 +91 253 251 8805, +91 253 951 9005
- Hotel Royale Heritage GPO Road, Nashik 422001. tel: +91253 2504080'(+9198220 40200) , 
- Hotel De Rajnigandha Dream Square 'A', Near Muktidham, Nashik Road, NASHIK 422 101. Ph: (91)253-2458676/96, 9011037045 
- Hotel Rajmahal Old CBS, Sharanpur Road, Nashik-422 002. Phone: 91- 0253- 2580501, 2319770. For room booking /enquiry- 09657183959, 09404788895,9422539440, 09823062223 
- Quality Inn Regency , Kshatriya Estate, Shivaji Nagar, and Nasik-Poona Road, +91 253 241 2441(fax: +91 253 2412 443  US$ 42-50
- Rama Heritage Hotel , Old Mumbai - Agra Road, near to Mumbai naka , next to Kalika Mandir, +91 253 258 2888(fax: +91 253 258 2887  US$ 15-20
- Panchavati Elite Inn Pvt. Ltd., near Vindo Auto, Trimbak Road, +91 253 257 9031 +91 253 257 9032 (fax: +91 253 257 9214 )
- White Lily now managed by Sarovar group of hotels. On Mumbai - Agra Highway, Cleanest with polite staff opp CIDCO Tel+912532378383, email: email@example.com
- Taj Residency P-17, MIDC Ambad, Mumbai-Agra Road, Nashik-422210 +91 253 238 4499(fax: +91 253 238 2638)
- The Meuse Jupiter Hotel Business & luxury Hotel ( West End )- Mumbai Highway, CIDCO, Nasik +91-253-2392425/2392300
- Gateway Inn - Ambad , Nashik
- Trimbakeshwar - one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, 30 km from Nashik via Trimbak road.
- Shirdi - Famous the world over for Sai Baba, but you have to have patience, as the queues can be infinitely long. About 90 km from Nashik. Frequent Volvo and ST buses are available.
- Nanduri - Saptashringi Goddess - located 75 km from Nashik.According to Hindu tradition, the goddess Saptashrungi Nivasini dwells within the seven mountain peaks. (Sapta means seven and shrung means peaks.) It is
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!