Nampa is Idaho's second largest city with a population of approximately 80,000. It is located in the Treasure Valley of Southwest Idaho.
Nampa is located on Interstate 84 West between Caldwell and Meridian. It is about 20 miles west of Boise on I-84. It is about 40 miles east of Ontario, Oregon on I-84.
There is a Greyhound bus station  in the downtown area on 12th Avenue South. A few blocks away on 3rd st and 9th ave is a clean cool hotel the only one downtown.
There is a small municipal airport  in Nampa, but the closest place to catch large commercial flights is the Boise Airport (BOI).
Nampa does not have much in the way of public transit, but the historic downtown area is very walkable.
- The Warhawk Air Museum, . A 20,000 square foot museum featuring World War II era aircraft. edit
- Nampa Train Depot Museum, . A train musem inside a quaint, old-fashioned train station. edit
- The Curve. Nampa is fairly unique in that the streets in the historic downtown area are oriented to be parallel and perpindicular to the railroad tracks rather than to cardinal directions. Thus, at a certain point in town, the roads curve from a cardinal orientation the to the new orientation. The most obvious part of the curve is on 12th Avenue South and East Roosevelt Avenue, near the Hasbrouck House. edit
- The Snake River Stampede, . One of the 12 major rodeos recognized by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. It is held every year in July. It is accompanied by a festival, Snake River Dayz. edit
- Nampa Farmer's Market, . Every Saturday from 9am - 1pm, Late April to Late October, in the historic downtown area. edit
- The Idaho Center, . A major event center located near I-84. It hosts a wide variety of musical performances, athletic competitions, livestock exhibitions, and other events. It includes a 120,000 square foot arena, an outdoor amphitheatre, a 100,000 square foot sports center, and the 97.500 square foot Idaho Horse Park. edit
- The Nampa Civic Center, . A smaller venue that hosts a wide variety of events, including plays and musical performances. edit
Downtown Nampa has three notable used book dealers, all within walking distance of each other:
- Twice Sold Tales. Specializing in rare and out-of-print books. edit
- The Yesteryear Shoppe, . Old, used, and rare books. edit
- The Book Exchange, . Many used paperback books. edit
Downtown Nampa also has a variety of other small shops and businesses.
- Treasure Valley Marketplace, . A new outdoor mall with a Costco, Target, Kohl's, and Best Buy. edit
- Karcher Mall. A somewhat older mall on Nampa-Caldwell Boulevard that often seems to be struggling. It is undergoing renovations. edit
- Le Baron's Honker Cafe. An informal family restaurant in the downtown area that is particularly good for breakfast. edit
- Hostel Boise, 17322 Can-Ada Road, ☎ +1 208 467-6858 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 5PM-10PM; checkout: 10AM. Dorms $20, privates $35+. edit
- Shilo Inn Nampa Suites, (just off of I-84 at Exit 36), ☎ +1-208-465-3250, . edit
The local paper in Nampa is the Idaho Press-Tribune .
- Lake Lowell and the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge  - an 11,000 acre wildlife refuge, excellent for birding