- The Najran airport is connected via Saudia to principal cities around the country, including Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
- You can reach Najran via road from Riyadh, the travel distance is 984km.
- There is little evidence of public transport here, but taxi or car service is available. The city is a 15 km long line along the highway, so very little is walkable. The countryside around the city (e.g. the highway to Abha) has a large number of police checkpoints to combat smuggling to/from Yemen; police escorts for tourists are common, and not as much fun as they sound.
- Best way is to travel in your own car using any navigational device to visit places of your interest, you can also rent a car.
- Given the proximity to the Yemeni border, there is a wide variety of traditional mud architecture to be seen.
- The city itself has an interesting souq area with a fort.
- Absarkhan is a beautiful mountain to see.
- There is a Best Western, of all things. It provides adequate rooms.
- Although the city is the closest major Saudi city to the Yemen border, land travel across may not be possible, and is certainly not recommended due to the high level of violence in the area.
- You can leave Najran via road either towards Riyadh or Abha. The travel distance to Riyadh is 984km.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|