Nahuel Huapi National Park is in the provinces of Neuquen and Rio Negro, in Patagonia, in the foothills of the Andes mountains.
Nahuel Huapi National Park is in San Carlos de Bariloche, which is a city in Rio Negro, Argentina. Bariloche is one of those places you'll end up staying longer than you planned. Why? it's not for the city's aesthetic appeal, rather it's for the great outdoors and night life. It's the elite honeymoon capital in Argentina. It's the main hub for travelling around the Lake District, the gateway to Patagonia and chocolate capital of Argentina.
For National park information and a good collection of maps, visit Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi on the corner of San Martin and Morales.
Also Club Andino offers free maps and provide information on trekking area. They sell transfers and trekking packages and you can reserve a bunk there for most of the shelters in the nearby mountains.
The Nahuel Huapi National park is the oldest of Argentina's parks and was founded in 1934.
Flora and fauna
Since Buenos Aires by plane, Aerolineas Argentinas. By bus Via Bariloche and Crucero del Norte. By car see in the web INTERPATAGONIA or automovilclub guide.
At certain access points to the park you are required to pay the Park Entrance Fee of AR$50 (May. 2011). This fee is payable if going to Pampa Linda (Tronador) and if entering the park on a boat excursion; there is also also a AR$11 port tax.
Access to the refuges in the National Park around Bariloche are free: Refugio Frey, Refugio Lopez, Refugio San Martin & Refugio Italia (you need to pay if staying overnight, but camping next to the refuges is free).
There is an excellent local public transport system from the centre of Bariloche to Llao Llao, Colonia Suiza and Cerro Catedral. There are tourist buses leaving to Pampa Linda (Tronador) on a daily basis during the summer.
- Cerro Catedral
- Cerro Otto
- Lago Nahuel huapi
- lago Moreno
- LLao LLao
- Bosque de Arrayanes
- beaches Bahia Serena
- skiing in Cerro Catedral 
- kayaking Pura Vida
- mountain biking
- kite surfing
- golf the most well recognized one is LLao LLao
- take a ferry to Puerto Frias
- Trekking Trek Bariloche has a full list of trekking routes in the National Park
The area is rightly famous for its barbecued meats, Parrillas "Boliche de Alberto" fondue "La Alpina", pizza "El Mundo de la Pizza", trout and deer "familia Weiss". Palacios Street has a lot of restaurants.
"Blest" the best beer. Wilkenny, Pilgrim, The map room, South bar - they are all a safe bet. Sip a little mate as well.
Most of the cheap accommodation is in the centre of the town for more information pass by the tourist office on Centro Civico where they have a full list of budget and not so budget accommodation.
Bariloches budget accommodation quickly gets fully booked, so make your reservations in advance, particularly during high season.
- La Justina, Quaglia 726, ☎ +542944524064, . Just a Few blocks from the City Center. Big, spacious rooms, cozy common spaces for relaxing,watching TV or DVDs, listening to music or playing games. Free internet and breakfast, a well stocked kitchen, and very friendly owners. They can help you with any tourist info you need, and rent bikes. Minihostels.com members get 10% off. edit
- Periko's, Morales 555, ☎ 2644-522326, . Named after the owner's dog. edit
- Hostel 1004, Edificio Bariloche Centre 10th floor, ☎ 02944-432228 ([email protected]), . Offers an amazing panoramic view. Excellent public areas, especially the kitchen. Free breakfast, wi-fi internet and has a computer for use but it is very busy and hard to get access to. Won't make reservations if you you are arriving after 2pm. Dorms from Ar$ 35.00. edit
- Hostel Refugio Patagonia, Mitre 1338, ☎ 02944-422539, . Feel at home with Tato and Sandra, they're building a big "quincho"/barbecue saloon. edit
- Lake View Bed & Breakfast, Pioneros kn 4.6 (5 minutes from downtown), ☎ 02944-1534-1876 Mark. edit
- Marcopoloinn Hostel, Salta 422, ☎ 02944-400105 ([email protected]), . Modern, clean hostel. . Free breakfast and dinner, fast internet, WiFi. Lots of party folk. Easily the best value in town.(Nov. 2012) Dorms from Ar$80 (HI members), Ar$85 (nonmembers). edit
- Tango Inn Downtown Hostel, Salta 514, ☎ 02944-400004 ([email protected]), . Modern, clean hostel. Dorms from Ar$ 37.00 (YHA members), Ar$ 40.00 (nonmembers). Free breakfast, fast internet, WiFi. Three-star-breakfast buffet (thats the free breakfast!). Very quiet. edit
- Ruca Hueney Youth Hostel, Elflein 396, ☎ 02944-433986 / 02944-437026 ([email protected]), . Free breakfast, internet. Dorms from Ar$ 30.00. edit
- Hostel 41 below, 94 Pasaje Juramento, ([email protected]), . Fun, young atmosphere. Many tour options to book right there for the same prices as in town. You will feel like you're home. edit
- Nomad Backpackers, Salta. When all the other ones are fully booked, this one might be worth a try. edit
- Edelweiss Hotel 54-02944-445500, Av. San Martin 536.
- Penon Del Lago,Av. Ezequiel Bustillo, 54-02944-463000, . KM 13,900.
- Nido del Condor, 54-11-4315-3305, Av. Bustillo Km. 6.9
- Los Helechos  54-02944-461189, . (Bungalows/Cabins) Francisco de Biedma 80 (altura: Av. E. Bustillo km 8,65)
- La Farola - Lago Gutierrez  54-29449-551072
- Grand Hotel Bariloche, ☎ (02944) 430622, . Grand Hotel Bariloche is a 9 storey hotel (3.000m2.), which is located at the main street in San Carlos de Bariloche. At half way in the commercial route of Mitre avenue and only 100m. from the Nahuel Huapi lake. They offer 75 rooms organized in singles, doubles, triples and apartments. Mitre 408 - (8400) S.C. de Bariloche - Río Negro - Patagonia - Argentina. Room rates start at USD $37. edit
- Aconcagua Hotel, 289, San Martín Avenue, San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina, ☎ (00-54-2944) 424718, . Aconcagua Hotel is located along San Martín Avenue in San Carlos de Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina. It is near the Civic Center, Lake Nahuel Huapi, and casino. Aconcagua Hotel’s 32 comfortable rooms guarantee a restful stay. Each accommodation is equipped with a central heater, TV, Internet access, and toilet & bath with shower. Rates start at USD $53. edit
- Galileo Boutique Hotel, Av. Antartida Argentina, s/n, Base Cerro Catedral, San Carlos de Bariloche, C.P. 8400, Argentina, ☎ +54 (2944) 460-388, . Galileo Boutique Hotel is located along the base of Cerro Catedral in San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina. Major landmarks, such as the Nahuel Huapi Lake and the city’s Civic Center, are within proximate distance from the hotel. Feel as if you’re in the Swiss Alps when relaxing in Galileo Boutique Hotel’s luxurious Rooms, Suites, and Apartments, each adorned with quaint cypress wood frames and geometric roofs. edit
- Hotel Llao Llao - Beautiful alpine style hotel, built in 1939 (recently renovated), adds to the dramatic backdrop of the mountains. A classic resort: there's a golf course, boating, and much for the wealthy to see and do. Nightly rates were around USD$300 back in Dec, 2004, so the $8 peso coffee might be the way to go in order to enjoy the view, the ambiance, etc, without paying an arm/leg to stay there overnight. Excellent service, slightly OTT decor. About 25km from the city centre and about 35km from Cerro Catedral.
- Design Suites Hotel, Av. Bustillo Km.2,5 8400 Bariloche Provincia de Rio Negro Argentina. Modern hotel (not all suite as the name might imply), with all the benefits (Spacious rooms, Free Wifi, Stunning Panorama Views, clever design touches) and drawbacks (Awful restaurant, no room service, staff not trained to deliver 5* service) you expect from a Boutique Hotel. The suites themselves are not traditional suites, rather larger rooms with a couch and a balcony. Hotel 3km from the City Center. Best rates on official website start at US$130. edit
- Rentals Bariloche Rentals Bariloche - Luxury vacation rental apartments and houses in the best locations. From the heart of downtown to the prestigious Arelauquen Golf & Country Club; Lake and Mountain views to quiet forested streets. All these vacation homes are fully equipped including complementary WiFi access to ensure you get the most out of your time here in Bariloche.
Camping in the National Park is permitted in the designated areas. There are free wilderness camp sites and paid sites with facilities.
If you go trekking you are required to register your intentions with the National Park, do so at their Information Centre (San Martin 24) or 
- Villa La Angostura - A small town about an hours drive from Bariloche, very picturesque, you can also hike a 12km trail to the famous Bosque Arrayanes.
- El Bolson - A small hippie town (founded in the 70's) in a mountainous valley about 120km/75mi south of Bariloche. There's a twice weekly outdoor flea market (get there in the morning, it closes down around 3pm). Lunch at "Las Brasas" parrilla is recommended. Nice scenery on the way from Bariloche
WikiPedia:Nahuel Huapi National Park