Muncie is a city in the east of Central Indiana.
Muncie Indiana Transit System
Phone: (765)289-MITS (6487)
MITS provides traditional fixed route bus transportation within the Muncie city limits. Fifteen routes provide service to most shopping, medical, employment, residential, recreational, and governmental locations. Buses operate Monday through Saturday on all but six holidays.
To accommodate the needs of those in the community who are unable to use MITS traditional fixed route bus service because of a disability, MITS provides door-to-door service called MITSPlus. MITSPlus picks up people at their doors and delivers them to the door of their destinations. An advance reservation is required and customers must be certified as needing the service. MITSPlus provides service Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m., and Saturday, from 7:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Appeal to the Great Spirit statue, at the corner of Walnut Street and Granville Avenue (near Central High School). edit
- Beneficence statue, just off University Avenue on the Ball State University campus. edit
- Ball State University Museum of Art, . edit
- Christy Woods, (southwest corner of the Ball State University campus), . Arboretum and botanical garden, including the Wheeler Orchid Collection and Species Bank (see below). edit
- Cincinnati, Richmond & Muncie Depot, 700 E. Wysor St., . Restored train station. On display inside are photos and artifacts from the region's railroad history as well as photographs of the surrounding communities. edit
- Wheeler Orchid Collection and Species Bank, (in Christy Woods (see above)), . M-F 7:30AM-4:30PM. The Collection includes over 1,200 plants. edit
- Downtown Muncie (Downtown Muncie), Walnut Street, . Downtown Muncie is an arts and culture district in the heart of the city. The charm of Muncie's historic downtown is in our unique places to shop like F.B. Fogg and Cassella's Kitchen, locally favorite restaurants like Vera Mae's Bistro and White River Landing, six art galleries and four museums. From popular events like Rib Fest and Muncie Gras, to the Free Friday Night Movies for kids in the summer, there is something for everyone in Downtown Muncie, Indiana! edit
- Cardinal Greenway, . The longest rails-to-trails project in Indiana. edit
- Doc's Music Hall. Best place to see local and national mucic acts in Muncie. edit
- Jack's Camera Shop, 300 E. Main St, ☎ 765-282-0204, . 9-5:30 m-s. Great camera shop specializing in new and used cameras. Full service photo lab on site. edit
- Muncie Frozen Custard, 3501 N. Briarwood Ln, ☎ (765) 284-3764, . 11am-10pm. A great locally owned and operated family ice cream shop $1-3/item. edit
- Heorot Pub and Draught House, 219 S Walnut St, ☎ (765) 287-0173. 11:00 am to 3 am. edit
- Vera Mae's Bistro, 209 South Walnut St, ☎ (765) 747-4941. Very nice establishment downtown. Food and service is very good. Items on the menus are varied and in constant circulation. Ambience is superb, especially in the evenings and on holidays. edit
- White River Landing [CLOSED], 117 West Charles St, ☎ (765) 286-8133, . A nice place to eat. Inside is an outdoors/northwest feel to it with paddles, canoes and fishing tackle decor. Good beer. edit
- Best Western Muncie, 3011 W Bethel Avenue, +1 765 282-6600, Fax: +1 765 282-0377, .
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 3400 N. Marleon Dr. (Left @ IHOP, Left @ First stop sign; hotel is on left), ☎ 765/587-0294, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Opened August 1, 2008. 100% Non-smoking, indoor pool, fitness center, microfridges in all rooms, free Internet 87.95. edit
- Fairfield Inn Muncie, 4011 W Bethel, +1 765 282-6666, Fax: +1 765 282-6666, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 4201 W Bethel Pike, +1 765 289-4678, .