Muizenberg is a suburb in the southern part of Cape Town, South Africa. It is located on the southern coast of Cape Town, which makes it perfect for a stay in Cape Town that includes trips round the Cape Peninsula and the Cape Winelands.
The colors of Muizenberg beach.
From Cape Town go south towards Simon's Town and the Cape of Good Hope on any of De Waal Drive/Blue Route freeway (the M3), Main Road (the M4) or the M5 freeway. The town is north of Simon's Town, at the point where the Cape Peninsula starts.
From Strand, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and the Cape Winelands drive west on Baden Powell Drive (the R310) next to the False Bay coastline. Muizenberg begins at the traffic circle where the R310 meets the M5.
MetroRail operates frequent commuter trains from Cape Town to Muizenberg. During peak hours (early morning and late afternoon, Monday to Friday) there are trains every few minutes. At other times during the week there are 3 or 4 trains per hour ; they are less frequent on Saturdays and Sundays. The journey takes about 45 minutes.
There are also MetroRail trains to Muizenberg from the other direction (Simon's Town, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay), usually 2 or 3 per hour. This journey takes about 20 minutes.
- The colorful changing rooms of Muizenberg can be found on nearly every postcard. Take some photos with you, the scenery and some of the houses.
- Rhodes Cottage Museum, Main Road, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-79140 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Open 10AM-4PM daily. The cottage was owned by Cecil John Rhodes. Free. edit
- Muizenberg has a magnificent beach which is very popular (especially in summer and on weekends). It is excellent for surfing; there is a surf school at the beach.
- There is supertube (water slide) and a putt-putt (mini-golf) course at the beach.
- There is a scenic walkway from Muizenberg south to St James, right next to the sea.
- Kitesurfing is popular during summer on the east side near the large traffic circle (Sunrise Beach).
- Rock climbing and hiking are possible on Muizenburg Peak and the surrounding cliffs.
- Alive Dance Studio, 18 Palmer Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-4823. Dance lessons. edit
- The Melting Pot, 15 Church Street, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-9791. Social club and live music venue. edit
- The Academy Health & Fitness Centre, 11 Atlantic Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-8196 (email@example.com), . Pilates, yoga, aerobics, Latin American dancing, Ballroom dancing, Tai Chi, body stress release, biokineticist. edit
- Sangha Spot yoga and wellness centre, 20 Fraser rd, Muizenberg, ☎ 0835563756. url="http://www.sanghaspot.co.za"> A yoga and wellness centre offering Ashtanga, Sivananda, Vinyasa and Jivamukti yoga suitable for beginner and intermediate students. We also offer BSR - Body Stress Relief Therapy.. edit
- Southern Sea Yoga Studio, Capricorn Beach, Muizenberg, ☎ 0733971110. url="http://www.southernseayoga.com"> A yoga studio overlooking the ocean offering Vinyasa style yoga suitable for beginner and intermediate students.. edit
Water Sport Activities
- African Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 6-8 Melrose Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 787-9320 (fax: +27 (0)21 787-9321), . Offers postgraduate studies in modern mathematical sciences. edit
- False Bay College, Cinnabar Building, Main Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-8373 (fax: +27 (0)21 788-2417), . Offers a variety of post-school courses. edit
- George Whitefield College, 34 Beach Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-1652 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +27 (0)21 788-1662), . Theological training institute run by the Church of England in South Africa (CESA). edit
- The Corner Surf Shop, 143 Main Road, Muizenberg (Opp. Muiz. Park & Bowling Greens), ☎ 021 7881191, . M-Fr 9AM-5PM Sat 9AM-4.30PM Sun 9.30AM - 12.30PM. Cape Town's oldest and most famous surf shop. Established in 1971 by Peter Wright and still under the same ownership. Great range of surfwear, as well as wetsuits and surfing equipment. Take a look at what is probably the world's biggest collection of surfboards made by John Whitmore - the father of South African surfing. Friendly and helpful staff. (34.06S,18.28E) edit
- Rattlesnake Books, Rare Books and Africana, 7 York Road (2 doors up from the Empire Cafe), ☎ 074 9249287, . 9-4 every day. From paperbacks to rare Africana and first editions; maps; art; rebindings. email@example.com edit
- J'adore grocery store, 165 Main Road (Inside The French Courtyard), ☎ 709 0996. Lovely little deli which sells many of the local market suppliers' products as well as fantastic freshly baked french bread and Truth coffee. edit
- Bella Pizza, Lakeside Shopping Centre, 60 Main Rd, Lakeside, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-3032. edit
- Carla's, 9 York Rd, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-6860. Mozambiquan food. edit
- Empire Cafe, 11 York Rd, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-1250 (dave@mediumRare.co.za). M,Tu 10AM-4PM, W-Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 10AM-4PM.. Good for coffee and breakfast pastries. Lunch and dinner menu change on a daily basis. edit
- Gaslight Cafe, Beachfront, Beach Rd, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-6994 (firstname.lastname@example.org). 1-2. On the ground floor of The Beach Lodge backpackers. edit
- Knead, Beachfront, corner Clarendon & Beach Rds, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-2909 (muizenberg@kneadBakery.co.za). Open daily 8AM-5PM. A full bakery with hot artisan breads baked on site, confectionery, coffee shop, cafe style light meals and delicious pizzas from a woodfired oven. edit
- Lagerchinos, 42 Beach Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-5599. Open daily 12AM-10PM. Pizza, burgers, beer & playground. edit
- Octopus Garden, Old Post Office Building, 53 Main Rd, St James, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-5646. Unusual menu in a bohemian setting. edit
- Organics Alive, 42 Palmer Road, Muizenberg. Organic food and coffee. edit
- Pizza Pronta, 106 Main Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-3814. Take-away and delivery only. edit
- Simply Asia, 6 Lakeside Centre, 60 Main Road, Lakeside, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-2247, . Thai food and noodle bar. edit
- Sostanza, Old Bakery, corner Main & Lincoln Roads, Lakeside, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-2411. Breakfast, coffee and light meals. Excellent venue and location, just a pity that the services and menu is not of equal quality. edit
- The Big Blue, Beachfront, Beach Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-2552. Very casual restaurant and pub. With great food and prices. edit
- The Coffee Bean, 36 Palmer Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-3641. Create your own personalized blend of coffee. edit
- The Village Inn, 11 Church Street, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-6642. Traditional pub. edit
- Titanium Bistro, Rodwell House, Rodwell Road, St James, ☎ +27 (0)21 787-9880 (email@example.com), . Modern Mediterranean cuisine. edit
- Trattoria Antonio, 56 Main Road, St James, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-7788 (trattoriaAntonio@cyberSmart.co.za). Authentic Italian food. edit
- Upper Crust, Shop 12, Eastlake Village Centre, Eastlake Drive, Marina da Gama, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-7765 (fax: +27 (0)86 556 9544). Pizza and pasta. edit
- Cafe du Metro, 165 Main Road, ☎ 709 0996. 9am - 4pm. Food is fresh and seasonal, prepared simply and generously. Slight french influence mostly noticeable in herbs and prep methods. Lovely spot for breakfast or lunch. Great deli next door stocks many of the local market suppliers. edit
- Coffee Sha'bean (Coffee Shabean), 34 Beach Road (inside Gary's Surf Shop). 0800-1700. Great local spot for breakfast and lunch. Amazing views of the beach. 35 rand. edit
- The Business, 32 Palmer Road, ☎ 0217883226. Tea House, internet cafe, retail space edit
- ABreak Away Lodge, 24a Hastings Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)79 138-6116 (sealsFlat@yahoo.com). Backpackers' accommodation. Walking distance from the beach. From R70 per person. edit
- Admiralty B&B, 6 Admirals Walk, Marina da Gama, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-1028 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Overlooking the waters of Zandvlei estuary. edit
- Amberley Travellers Lodge, 15 Amberley Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-7032, . Self catering budget accommodation aimed at backpackers and independent travellers. See www.AmberleyLodge.co.za edit
- The Beach Lodge, Beachfront, Beach Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-1771, . Budget accommodation right on the beach and 2 minutes walk from Muizenberg train station. From R120 per person. edit
- Colona Castle, 1 Verwood Street, off Old Boyes Drive, Lakeside, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-8235 (email@example.com, fax: +27 (0)21 788-6577), . A luxury 5-star establishment. From R850 per person, full English breakfast included. edit
- House Hamburg, 8 Holland Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-6178, . Guest house conveniently located a few minutes walk from False Bay train station. edit
- Stoked Backpackers, 175 Main Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 709 0841 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Backpackers' accommodation. Walking distance from the beach. edit
- Marina Lodge, 81 Park Island Quay, Eastlake Drive, Marina da Gama, . Self-catering. From R395 per unit. edit
- Rodwell House, Rodwell Road, St James, ☎ +27 (0)21 787-9880 (info@.rodwellhouse.co.za), . Luxurious guest house near St James beach and train station. edit
- Sonnekus Guest House, 88 Main Road, St James, ☎ +27 (0)21 788-2992 (fax: +27 (0)21 788-4789), . edit
- Whale Watchers Apartments, Empire Building, Beach Road, Muizenberg, ☎ +27 (0)21 782-1313, . Self-catering beach apartments with secure underground parking (entrance on Melrose Street). edit
- Bluebottle Guesthouse, 18 Mount road, ☎ 0217886100, . checkin: 13h00; checkout: 11h00. Spacious rooms, great sea, lake and mountain views. Friendly hosts. Excellent breakfast included in rate. On the mountainside. 350. edit
- ABreak Away Lodge, 24a hastings Road,Muizenberg. R70. edit
- E-mouse Internet Café, Shop 9 Capricorn Square Muizenberg (M5 South towards Muizenberg), ☎ +27 (0)21 709-0909, . M-F 10AM-7PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. WiFi hotspot available 24/7 edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!