Mooresville, North Carolina is located 20 minutes north of downtown Charlotte, and is also known as "Race City, USA." Mooresville is home to a multitude of NASCAR race shops, as well as home to some of NASCAR's elite drivers.
I-77 runs North and South directly through the town.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)  Rental car, shuttle, and taxis are avilable. 40 minute drive from Mooresville via I-77
All areas of the town are accessible by car. All roads are posted to aid in use with GPS.
By Rental Car
If you are not traveling with a personal vehicle, rental car business are located in several areas in Mooresville.
- Avis Car Rental, 516 River Hwy, ☎ +1 704 7199-6723. Su: 9am-11pm, M-F: 7:30am-6pm, Sa: 9am-2pm. edit
- Budget Rent-A-Car, 517 River Hwy #7, ☎ +1 704 663-7701. edit
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, 107 Commons Dr., ☎ +1 704-622-3484. edit
- Carrigan Farms, 1261 Oak Ridge Farm Hwy (Hwy 150 East from Exit 36), ☎ +1 704 664-1450. Pick your own fruits and vegetables and enjoy picnics and swimmingby reservation. Take a hayride around the property. Great for families. edit
- Lake Norman State Park. <Good for a family outing. Explore the lake, fish, camp, rent a boat or hike around the state’s largest man-made lake. edit
- Mooresville Museum, 132 East Center Avenue, ☎ +1 704 663-1873. M,Tu,Th,F: 10am-2pm, W: 4pm-7:30pm, first and third Sa: 10am-2pm. edit
- Memory Lane Motorsports and Historical Automotive Museum, 769 River Hwy (Hwy 150 West from Exit 39), ☎ +1 704 622-3676, . M-Sa 10am-5pm. Raceweek Hours: M-Su:10am-5pm Winter Hours: Mid November-February closed Wednesdays.. 150+ exhibits displaying the history of automobiles Adults: $10.00 Ages 6-10: $6.00 Under 6: Free. edit
- GoPro Motorplex, 130 Motorplex Dr. (Hwy 150 from exit 36, to Hwy 115, to Mazeppa Rd), ☎ +1 704 696-2926, . M-12am-8pm, Tu-Sa: 9am-9pm, Su: 12am-6pm. High performance gokart racing on a 0.7-mile outdoor, 11-turn track. No reservations needed. edit
Nearby towns are the location of the race shops of Evernham Motorsports, Richard Childress Racing, Dale Earnhardt Incorporated (DEI), Stewart-Hass Racing, and Hendrick Motorsports. At each shop, visitors have the opportunity to view displays, videos, and actual race cars, while also being able to browse through the gift shop. Some shops allow visitors to view their race shop behind a glass wall.
- Lazy 5 Ranch, 15100 Mooresville Rd, . M-Sa 9AM-1 hour before sunset, Su 1PM-1 hour before sunset. A drive through animal park covering 3.5 miles to see 750 animals from all over the world. You can drive in your own car or ride on a horse drawn open-air wagons. Be sure to have cash on hand, they do not accept credit cards. Adults: $11.00, Children/Seniors $8.00, Feed for $3.00 per bucket. edit
- Queen's Landing, 1459 River Hwy. (Hwy 150 West from exit 36), ☎ +1 704 663-2628. Dinner cruises on replica of the Mississippi paddleboat, Catawba Queen or Lady of the lake. Mini golf and ice-cream shop to occupy younger ages. edit
- Fishin' Lake Norman with Bob's Fishing Guide Servive, ☎ +1 704 402-0770. Fishing fun for families or groups of 4,6 or 8 anglers. Fully equipped 23’ Carolina Skiff center console, run by Captain Bob Curan. Call for booking. edit
- Hard Core Sports, 246 Rolling Hill Rd. (Exit 36 off I-77. LEft at the Chic-Fil-a, down the hilll 1/4 mile on the right), ☎ +1 704 799-2129, . Lake Noraman's largest paddleboard and windsurfing shop. Rent paddleboards for the family to enjoy on the water edit
- Mallard Head Golf Course, ☎ +1 704 664-7031. 69,000-yard course situated on Lake Norman. Call for reservations. edit
- Mooresville Municipal Gold Course, 800 Golf Course Dr, ☎ +1 704 663-2539. 18-hole course edit
- 202 North Main Wine Shop and Music Room, 202 N. Main St., ☎ =1 704 663-5445. Victorian era wine shop, features fine wines and craft beers found around the world. Live music in the music room every Friday and Saturday at 9pm. edit
- Jr Motorsports, 349 Caygua Dr., ☎ =1 704 799-4800. edit
- Kasey Kahne Racing, 265 Cayuga Dr., ☎ =1 704 622-8549. edit
- Penske Racing, 200 Penske Way, ☎ =1 704 644-2300. edit
- MTJ Motorsports, 156 Cayuga Dr., ☎ +1 704 644-1113. edit
- Richard Petty Motorsports, 112 Byers Creek Rd., ☎ +1 704 743-5420. edit
- Duckworth's Grill & Tap House, 560 River Hwy, ☎ =1 704 799-2881. $19-$10. edit
- Jeffrey's Restaurant, 117 Trade Ct, ☎ +1 704 799-1110. Su: 11am-9pm, M-F: 11a-10pm, Sa: 4:40pm-10pm. Family-friendly lunch and dinner restaurant. Good fit if you are looking for a formal restaurant. Chose between dining seating or bar seating. $20-$10. edit
- Joe Fish casual Seafood, 510-11 River Hwy, Unit 11, ☎ +1 704 662-9880. Tu: 4pm-9pm, w-Sa:11:30am-9pm. Casual and family friendly, fresh seafood restaurant. $20-$10. edit
- Lancaster's BBQ and Wings, 515 Rinehardt Rd, ☎ +1 704 663-5807. Su: 11am-8pm, M-T:11am-9pm, W-Sa: 11am-10pm. Family friendly, NASCAR-themed BBQ restaurant. Open for lunch and dinner. Salad, sandwiches and BBQ. $18.50-$5.99. edit
Expect higher prices and less availability during NASCAR race times.
- Candlewood Suites Mooresville, ☎ +1 704 360-4899. checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Each suite is set up to accommodate those wishing to stay for longer periods of time. Each suite includes a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, pots and pans, plates and extra counter space. Visit the lobby to borrow a crock-pot, blenders or waffle makers. Pet friendly, free guest laundry and an indoor pool. $116. edit
- Days Inn Mooresville, 140 Days Inn Dr, ☎ +1 704 664-6100 (fax: +1 704 664-4666), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. King or Queen rooms including free Wi-Fi, outdoor pool and complimentary breakfast. $70. edit
- Fairfield Inn Charlotte Mooresville, 120 Consumer Square Drive, ☎ +1 704 663-6100 (fax: +1 704 663-6138). checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. Included with each room is access to the fitness center, outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. $139-$149. edit
- Hampton Inn & Suites, ☎ +1 704 660-7700 (fax: +1 704 662 -6914), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Double, king or suite rooms available including free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. $159- $179. edit
- Hilton Garden Inn Mooresville, 119 Gallery Center Dr, ☎ +1 704 663-6468 (fax: _1 704 663-6489), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. King or Queen size beds. For an extra charge, visit The Great American Grill for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you are looking for a snack to grab and go, visit The Pavilion Pantry. Pool and exercise room are also available. $169. edit
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 130 Norman Station Blvd, ☎ +1 704 662-6900 (fax: +1 704 662-6914), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Double, king or suite rooms available including free Wi-Fi and complimentary breakfast. Close in proximity to NASCAR Hall Of Fame Museum. edit
- Sleep Inn & Suites Mooresville, 132 Meadow Hill Ct, ☎ +1 704 799-7070 (fax: + 1 704 799-7658). checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi, indoor pool and exercise room. 1 Minute from North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame. $85-$125. edit
- Spring Hill Suites Charlotte Mooresville, 121 Gateway Blvd, ☎ +1 704 658-0053 (fax: +1 704 660-7712), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. King and queen room available. Complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast. Enjoy the fitness center or outdoor pool. $169-$174. edit
- TownePlace Suites Mooresville, 139 Gateway Blvd, ☎ +1 704 659-8600 (fax: +1 704 659-8601). checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Extended-Stay hotel. 1 or 2 bedroom suites. Suites include a full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, stove, pots, and pans. Indoor pool and fitness center Complimentary Wi-Fi and is pet-friendly. $150-$170. edit
- Wingate by Wyndham Mooresville, 122 Regency Center Dr, ☎ +1 704 663-6468 (fax: +1 704 664-4044), . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. King or double rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast. Pool is closed until further notice. Exercise room is available. $115-$176. edit
A short drive, but good day trips include:
- Charlotte Motor speedway, 5555 Concord Pkwy S, Concord, NC 28027, ☎ +1 704 704-455-3200, . #5 minutes away from Mooresville sits Charlotte Motor speedway and Zmax Dragway. Join a trackside tour with a chance to ride around the racetrack or chose to explore the race shop tour, inside. Tours range from $12/person- $50/person if you feel like splurging.Also located at the speedway is the Richard Petty Driving Experience. If you are 14 and older experience strapping into an actual stock car and reaching speeds of over 160 mph on the track. edit
|Routes through Mooresville