Moonta, Moonta Bay and Port Hughes are adjacent coastal towns on the Yorke Peninsula.
On the Copper Coast, during the its mining heyday Moonta had a population second only to Adelaide in South Australia.
Today, the town plays on its Cornish heritage, mining tourism, as well as its beaches, boating and fishing.
- Copper Coast Visitor Information Centre, Kadina (The Farm Shed Museum & Tourism Centre), 50 Moonta Road, Kadina, SA 5554, ☎ 1800 654 991 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 08 8821 4633), . M-F 9.00am - 5.00pm; Sa & Su 10.00am - 4.00pm. edit
- Moonta Mines State Heritage Area, . Moonta Mines Museum, Local and Family History Centre at the School of Mines, Hughes Engine House, Moonta Mines Tourist Railway (including Historic Horse Drawn Tram, Blacksmith Shop), Miners Cottage & Garden, Moonta Mines Sweet Shop, Richmans Engine House, Old Railway Station (Moonta Tourist Office). edit
- Wheal Hughes Mine, ☎ 88251 891. Dress up like a miner and experience the wonder of the underground tunnels and cathedral like workings. Travel down to the 55 metre level. The hardworking miners of the 1800's pioneered these copper mines and have left us this legacy to enjoy at our leisure. Bookings are essential at the Moonta Information Centre. edit
- Cornish Pastie, available at the Cornish Bakery, but also at many of the smaller cafes in town.
- Coffee Barn Gelateria, Maitland Road Moonta Mines (2km out of Moona on the Maitland Road), ☎ 8825 2315, . 10am to 5pm every day. Really lovely authentic gelato place run by a european couple. She is Scottish, he is Italian. But she makes the gelati. Great coffee, reasonable prices. Try the Ferrero Rocher gelato! cheap. edit