Monterrey : North Central
North Central is a district of Monterrey.
Parque Fundidora is excellent for walking, jogging, rollerblading, or bicycling.
- Arena Monterrey
- Cerveceria Cuahtemoc, Av. Alfonso Reyes #2202 Nte., 81 8328 5355, . Monterrey is a historic beer brewing center, whose beers are household names around the world. The historic 19th century brewery is now used primarily for offices, with actual production happening in the modern plant across Avenida Cuahtemoc. Their outdoor beer garden is open daily to welcome visitors to sit down under the towering oak trees while enjoying free samples of Carta Blanca, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Sol, or one of the other beers brewed here. Tours of the brewery are available only by advance appointment.
- Parque Fundidora - The sprawling grounds of an abandoned steel mill have transformed into a most imaginitive and delightful urban park. A professional race track runs through the park, though 364/365ths of the year it's a walking and bicycling track, wending its way through the fascinating landscape strewn with derelict industrial buildings and set against the dramatic backdrop of the looming Cerro de la Silla.
- Mexican Baseball Hall of Fame (Salon de la Fama del Beisbol), Avenida Alfonso Reyes, 2202, 52 8328 5746, . The Mexican baseball hall of fame is located in the courtyard of the scenic Cerveceria Cuahtemoc. Stop in see the players who've made it big, not just in Mexico, but in U.S. major league teams as well. An entertaining and enlightening museum for any true sports fan.
- Museo del Acero (Museum of Steel), Av. Fundidora y Adolfo Prieto, Parque Fundidora, Monterrey, N.L. (In the middle of Parque Fundidora), . At the center of Parque Fundidora in what used to be blast furnace number 3 is a museum with two galleries - one about the history of Fundidora and one about the processes involved in making steel. There's also an opportunity to go to the top of the furnace which gives a good idea of how the site works and affords excellent views. 72$MXN. edit
- Antarisuite Cintermex, Av. Fundidora 500, Tel: (81) 8318-0444, . Flashy and pretentious, but clean. Worth considering when the rates are cheaper than Holiday Inn. Free parking.