Monroe is the county seat of Monroe County.
Monroe is served by the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.
The city of Monroe is served by the Lake Erie Transit bus system or the LET. There are 28 buses that serve the local area and go between The Mall of Monroe and other destinations around and shortly outside the city area.
Rental cars are the more popular option because the bus system is only short range and the fact that the city is more rural than other cities.
- George Armstrong Custer Equestrian Monument, (at Junction of Elm Avenue and North Monroe Street). 24/7. Also called Sighting the Enemy, it's intended to commemorate George Armstrong Custer's actions in the Civil War by depicting him in his Civil War fatigues. Free. edit
- River Raisin Jazz Festival, St. Mary's Park (at the corner of N. Monroe St. and W. Elm Ave. behind the Gen. George A. Custer Monument), ☎ 734-457-1030, . Two and a half days of free live jazz music, a free fine art fair, and free family friendly fun. Concessions provided by the St. Mary Catholic Central Boosters of St. Mary Catholic Central School. Every second week of August. edit
- Monroe County Fair, 3775 S. Custer Road, ☎ (734) 241-5775, . edit
- Antiques in April, Welch Health Education Building. Saturday, April 11 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, April 12 - 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Annual antique fair. $3. edit
- The Mall of Monroe, 2121 N. Monroe St., ☎ +1 (734) 242-9150, . Mon. to Sat., 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Sun., 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Formerly called the Frenchtown Square Mall. edit
- Joe's French-Italian Inn, 2896 N. Dixie Hwy. (2 miles east off of Exit 15 from Interstate I-75), ☎ +1 (734) 289-2800, . Open Mon. to Fri. at 11 a.m.; open Sat. and Sun. at 4 p.m.. Italian and American cuisine since 1930. $2.75 to 23.95. edit
- Detroit Beach Restaurant, 2630 N. Dixie Hwy., ☎ +1 (734) 289-3122. A small family-run business with Italian food. edit
- Pete's Garage, 930 N. Telegraph Road, ☎ (734) 243-0343, . edit
- 129 Lounge, 129 E. Front St., ☎ +1 (734) 241-4008. Closed on Sundays, open on other days of the week. One of the venues for the River Raisin Jazz festival. edit
- Beek's Bar & Grill, 120 E. Front St., ☎ +1 (734) 241-4942. Has wheelchair access. edit
- Hotel Sterling, 109 W. Front St., ☎ +1 (734) 242-6212 (email@example.com), . With 160 years of history and fresh cosmopolitan décor, it has rooms with en-suite bathrooms for both tourists and business guests. From $112. edit
- Sunset Motel, 450 N. Telegraph Rd., ☎ +1 (734) 242-3448. edit
- Hollywood Motel, 1028 N. Telegraph Rd., ☎ +1 (734) 241-7333. edit
- Monroe Motel, 15339 S. Telegraph Rd., ☎ +1 (734) 241-6443. edit
- Comfort Inn and Suites, 6500 E. Albain Rd (off I-75 at exit 11), ☎ +1 (734) 384-1500. Pool and hot tub, free breakfast, free wireless internet access, meeting room. Pets welcome for an additional fee. edit
- The Lotus Bed & Breakfast, 324 Washington Street (at the corner of Washington & Fourth Streets), ☎ (734) 735-1077 (R7347351077@netzero.net). This bed and breakfast is from a restored 1870 Italianate home. $105.00 a night. edit
The area code is 734.
Here's also Monroe News .