Monroe  is a city in Louisiana.
American, Continental, Delta, and Northwest serve the Monroe Regional Airport (IATA: MLU)  east of the city.
Monroe is located on Interstate 20, about 100 miles east of Shreveport and 75 miles west of Vicksburg.
- Pecanland Mall  Located near Monroe Regional Airport, and anchored by Belk, Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, JCPenney, Sears, and a 10-screen movie theatre.
- Sage, 1301 N 19th St, ☎ 318-410-9400. Decently-priced, tasty meals, with a good wine selection and salad bar. edit
- Vieux Carre' Gourmet, 1623 N 18th St, . Gourmet wines, cheeses, bread, fish and steaks. This place looks like a store from outside but has a dining area in back with excellent service and food. This is something really different in Monroe and a good place to stock up on special treats. edit
- Comfort Suites Monroe, 1401 Martin Luther King Dr, ☎ 318-410-1005 (fax: 318-410-0145), . edit
- The Atrium (The Brandy House), 2001 Louisville Ave, ☎ 318-326-0641, . Beautiful rooms, particularly the suites. Nice bar. The gym is not currently functional at time of post. edit
- Americas Best Value Inn, 310 Thomas Road (I-20 at Exit 114 North Thomas Rd), ☎ 318-325-5780, . checkin: 2:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Air Conditioning, Restaurants Nearby, Smoking and Non-Smoking Rooms, Limited Pets, Outdoor Pool, Cable TV, Free Fax/Copy Service, Truck and Bus Park, Internet Access,Free Breakfast, microwaves and refrigerators, hair dryers, in-room coffee in all rooms edit