Mithur (ಮಿತ್ತೂರು) is a small village in the "Idkidu grama" area of Bantwal Taluk, which is in the Dakshina Kannada (ದಕ್ಷಿಣ ಕನ್ನಡ) district of Karnataka (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ), a state in India (ಭಾರತ).
Most of the population of the village are followers of the Hindu Religion. The village's main industry is farming of products like Areca nut (Supari or Beetlenut or ಅಡಿಕೆ), Banana, Coconut, rice, cashew nut, cocoa. But, there are plenty of fruits like jack fruit, Mango etc. which are not commercialized.
- The nearest larger town is Puttur.
- The village's traditional Hindu temple is in an area called Kolpe. The diety in this temple is "Shree Shanmukha Subrahmanya". Annual festival in this temple will be on "Panchami" and "Kiru Shashti".
- Apart from this, there is another "Shri Durga Parameshwari Temple" at Beedina Majalu.
- The "Dakshina Kannada" district is famous for "Bhoothaaraadhane". On the "Shashthi" Utsava in Kolpe, "Bhoothada Kola" will be held. After few days, another Kola will be held in "Beejamalike", or upper Mithur. All the masks, jewellary and other related stuffs are kept in Beedina Majalu and will be carried to Kolpe temple during festival on procession.
- There will be fireworks display on "Panchami" Utsav. Through out the night, the festival will be very grand.
Accommodations: Hotel Rama, Puttur